Hygeinic procedure when wearing masks to restaurants

Jingthing

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Go into the restaurant with the mask on, take it off when seated at the table. Order the food, eat it. Put the mask back on, pay the bill, leave. It's called following the KISS principle.

More KISS would be that procedure without the mask parts, and that’s what I do.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

More KISS would be that procedure without the mask parts, and that’s what I do.

This is exactly right........The masks are for people whos critical thinking comes from the T.V....

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Go to McDonalds or Burger King with mask on, order, get order, take mask off, stuff ya face, cough or sneeze, then put mask back on, simples 555

Went to the McD on Suk in Pattaya as my first dining experience in a long time, also my first McD in TL ever, did exactly as you suggested.

I don't see what the problem is.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:
8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't agree. 

I think everyone should make an effort to slow this down and there does seem to be an amazing international effort to get to a vaccine. 

You can't get any slower than zero people currently infected.

zero people currently REPORTED having tested positive for Covid-19

There may well be numerous cases out there and numerous asymptomatic carriers. I wouldn't be so quick to believe everything the figures published by a military government.

That said: Life has its risks, it's now a time to live with acceptable risk (of contracting Covid-19), the lock downs were to prevent the hospitals from becoming over run, it now seems it is to 'get rid of the virus' which is pretty much impossible.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

There may well be numerous cases out there and numerous asymptomatic carriers. I wouldn't be so quick to believe everything the figures published by a military government.

OK, time for percentages, I could put the numbers in but have just had lunch and am a bit sleepy.

A percentage of asymptomatic carriers will go on to develop symptoms. A percentage of those developing symptoms will be admitted to hospital, where they will be tested. A percentage of those hospitalised will go on to require treatment in ICU. A percentage of those requiring ICU will die.

Ergo no people in hospital, no people in ICU, no people dying indicates that there are no asymptomatic people in the general population.

Government figures? There are zero people in hospital in the whole of Chonburi, Pattaya hasn't had a single case in over a month now (quarantine period=14 days). You can't hide thousands of dead bodies or hospitals brimming with patients.

Even if the real figures were 100 times the published ones 100x0=0

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Again this is known to be a bad practice. 

This is the reason I started this topic 

To seek out better ways to deal with masks when eating in public. 

I'm not here to argue with you!  You can live or you can live frozen in time I think everyone got to make the best decision possible. Is there a real right way or wrong go back to my comment I'm sure you or anyone can find something wrong with it. As for the video it doesn't provide anything new that I haven't read or heard.

You have opinions today mask on or off does it help or don't you put 50 experts and you will get 50 different answer because some of these experts will not bend even a inch to compromise that we are all human no one can follow all these guidelines 100% based on your response and looking for a better way by the time I or anyone find the right answer I'll lose another 50 lbs or I'll die of starvation.

Look around when you go out at the malls etc..  you want a better way you wouldn't be asking if there was an answer it just isn't realistic if it is then give it a shot from what you read and have seen what would you do?  I'm eating running around all day long lock down or not doing what I been doing still alive that is the best I got I'm no robot, there is no perfect way even if there was we are human can't follow it!  Please don't try to justify it you will just be wasting your time to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

OK, time for percentages, I could put the numbers in but have just had lunch and am a bit sleepy.

A percentage of asymptomatic carriers will go on to develop symptoms. A percentage of those developing symptoms will be admitted to hospital, where they will be tested. A percentage of those hospitalised will go on to require treatment in ICU. A percentage of those requiring ICU will die.

Ergo no people in hospital, no people in ICU, no people dying indicates that there are no asymptomatic people in the general population.

Government figures? There are zero people in hospital in the whole of Chonburi, Pattaya hasn't had a single case in over a month now (quarantine period=14 days). You can't hide thousands of dead bodies or hospitals brimming with patients.

Even if the real figures were 100 times the published ones 100x0=0

[Even if the real figures were 100 times the published ones 100x0=0] - this argument shows extremely flawed logic - not sure how much you thought that through.

Regardless, you've clearly evaluated the risk and believe there is none. I think this is the way forwards.

It's time people get back to their lives, those in high risk groups such as yourself have to give this issue a little more thought which is why the punished figures need to be factual.

I just don't trust that there are no new cases, I just consider that there is not enough testing to know this. I don't quite trust the low numbers in Thailand which is a huge statistical outlier when compared to other nations.

• Thanks 1

The standard masks do not prevent the spread of the virus nor offer protection from viruses it is stated clearly on the box. What they do do is get you to inhale the bacteria. Germs an carbon dioxide you are supposed to breathe out therefore changing the PH of your blood and subjecting you to illness. Making them compulsory could land a number of businesses with claims for compensation, especially from staff who are forced to wear useless masks all day every day just for show. An N95 hospital mask may offer some protection but those are extremely hard to breathe through and are not for long term use. They dhould only be used in a hospital setting by professionally trained medical staff. They can be life threatening to those with lung disease like COPD, Bronchitis or Asthma to name a few and therefore should not be worn by those affected under any circumstance. 

Edited by Sumarianson

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I just don't trust that there are no new cases, I just consider that there is not enough testing to know this. I don't quite trust the low numbers in Thailand which is a huge statistical outlier when compared to other nations.

Not compared to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Just putting this out there. All of those countries have a similar climate and socially distance by nature. Shaking hands and hugging each other in the street isn't the norm.

Others suggest that Thais are genetically disposed to having a resistance. Its been shown in several countries that those from certain ethnic groups are more at risk than others. 

Maybe the Thai government is the dogs rollocks. Maybe after years of research we'll know the real reason. Just be thankful, as I am, to be living in Thailand at this point in history, one of the safest places on the planet.

Edited by Phil McCaverty

You really need to put your pie hole right on the edge of the plate.

So, stick your face down lower at the edge of the plate, pull down mask, turn your face in the opposite direction of anyone else present, quickly I mean very quickly stuff pie hole, pull up mask.

This should work well with limited exposure.

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You really need to put your pie hole right on the edge of the plate.

So, stick your face down lower at the edge of the plate, pull down mask, turn your face in the opposite direction of anyone else present, quickly I mean very quickly stuff pie hole, pull up mask.

This should work well with limited exposure.

Or you could fill it with food then eat it like a horse with a nose bag.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 2

The surgical and cloth masks are meant to protect others. Not yourself. So that system does not work unless most people are wearing them. There is the risk of infecting yourself because of wearing a mask due to improper handling of dirty masks. That's largely what this topic is about in the context of restaurants in the context of localities where it is required to wear a mask to enter restaurants. 

Thanks to all that have helpful comments on the actual limited topic here. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bodga said:

Which will  probably  never  come,  throw  the  mask  away  and  take  your  chances

I always thought that wearing a mask was to protect other people and not yourself.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Bearing in mind that there hasn't been a single new case in Pattaya for over a month and only 1 or 2 per day in other parts of Thailand and not a single person hospitalised in Chonburi, I think its safe to assume that no one in Pattaya currently has Covid-19. If no one has it, its impossible for you to catch it.

I have been in self isolation since mid March as I have serious pre existing health problems. As of last Sunday my isolation ended. Nothing to fear now.

I wear a mask and observe social distancing out of respect for the Thai people, their rules and I'm happy to comply.

I have, thus far, used 3 restaurants, all ferang orientated. My experience has been the same in all of them. I enter the restaurant and a member of staff checks my temperature and applies gel to my hands. I choose a seat and ask the staff if its OK to sit there. On sitting down, I remove my mask and put it to one side. I then light a cigarette and peruse the menu. I don't put my mask on again until I stand up to leave.

I have had no adverse comments from staff or other diners and , by my observation, most diners appear to act in the same way as me.

You light up a cigarette in a restaurant?? Anyone lighting up in any restaurant I am in will know all about it.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Bearing in mind that there hasn't been a single new case in Pattaya for over a month and only 1 or 2 per day in other parts of Thailand and not a single person hospitalised in Chonburi, I think its safe to assume that no one in Pattaya currently has Covid-19. If no one has it, its impossible for you to catch it.

I have been in self isolation since mid March as I have serious pre existing health problems. As of last Sunday my isolation ended. Nothing to fear now.

I wear a mask and observe social distancing out of respect for the Thai people, their rules and I'm happy to comply.

I have, thus far, used 3 restaurants, all ferang orientated. My experience has been the same in all of them. I enter the restaurant and a member of staff checks my temperature and applies gel to my hands. I choose a seat and ask the staff if its OK to sit there. On sitting down, I remove my mask and put it to one side. I then light a cigarette and peruse the menu. I don't put my mask on again until I stand up to leave.

I have had no adverse comments from staff or other diners and , by my observation, most diners appear to act in the same way as me.

How thoughtful of you to light a cigarette in a restaurant!!!!!!!!

filth

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Yes pal you let me know all about it. Can't wait. I just love keyboard warriors.

I am not a keyboard warrior, I am just stating a fact. OK I will put it another way, anyone who lights up when I am eating will be politely asked to put it out, if they don't, well I will leave the rest to the imagination.

3 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

How thoughtful of you to light a cigarette in a restaurant!!!!!!!!

filth

Ok Mr Angry from Surbiton. I do not smoke inside restaurants. I frequent restaurants that have an outside area where smoking is allowed. I always ask if smoking is permitted if I don't know the restaurant. I never smoke inside my own home, only outside.

If you object so strongly to people smoking in restaurants, either don't go there, or take it up with the restaurant, their rules.

Either that or join the queue behind possum the shadow boxer.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am not a keyboard warrior, I am just stating a fact. OK I will put it another way, anyone who lights up when I am eating will be politely asked to put it out, if they don't, well I will leave the rest to the imagination.

OK keyboard warrior, so you're threatening me? Bring it on.

• Haha 1