Third phase of easing considered if no new Covid-19 cases in 15 days

webfact

On 5/20/2020 at 10:02 PM, DrJack54 said:

Exactly. 

Just a guess but thinking next step will involve opening borders/airports to folk from  designated "safe countries"/states

That list will initially consist of China, Sth Korea, Taiwan, HK, Japan.

USA along with many others, no invitation .

Do you think New Zealand will be listed as safe country as they have Covid almost completely eliminated 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 10:35 AM, JCP108 said:

Letting tourists from China travel freely into Thailand?

I think that is already happening, I have a plane finder app on my tablet, shows all flights flying live from Country to County and which airports departure and arrivals, the other night looking at I was amazed that there was two flights from China heading to BKK, when checked these were passenger flights and not cargo, they could have been repatriation flights, but I think they have all been taken care of by now,, 

On 5/20/2020 at 3:03 AM, ianezy0 said:

Well done Thailand.

Wouldn’t want to be in Europe or USA at the moment.

Misinformation. Another armchair COVID expert. I just spent 6 recent weeks in Pattaya. I'm in Northern California now (not the Bay Area). Restrictions were MUCH greater in Pattaya when I left. Not even close, on so many levels.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Travis179 said:

Misinformation. Another armchair COVID expert. I just spent 6 recent weeks in Pattaya. I'm in Northern California now (not the Bay Area). Restrictions were MUCH greater in Pattaya when I left. Not even close, on so many levels.  

Which is the real reason why Thailand has 56 dead and US 328k. Even California has 3.3k dead.

Much safer in Thailand, which is why I'm glad to be here.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Which is the real reason why Thailand has 56 dead and US 328k. Even California has 3.3k dead.

I think it's the somtam.

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2020 at 4:36 PM, JCP108 said:

When I look at worldwide numbers and compare them to Thailand, seems like they don't compare at all. Thailand functionally got a total pass.

This article says there are around 14k influenza deaths in Thailand in an average year. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4605410/

So, that would be about 270/week. We are now 18+ weeks into the year. So, 18 x 270 = 4,860 deaths. 

So, 56 / 4,860 = Thailand having Covid 19 deaths 1.1% as much as flu deaths!

Seems much different outside of Thailand...

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-deaths-vs-flu-deaths.html

There is a vaccine for flu 

4 hours ago, Travis179 said:

That is exactly what I am saying. Low Covid numbers here. Hence, I would rather be here (which I am) than in Europe and USA. Much better to have restrictions and the slow release of 5hose restrictions.

.Comprende?

I hope you are now safe in California.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

If you believe the official numbers here lol.

On 5/20/2020 at 4:23 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

What does Phase 3 involve?

Phase 3 will be decided over a few beers (whichever beer organisation gives free ones) the day before it comes into effect......they of course still have the opportunity the following morning to change it too!

Anyway, Anutin says that things will be normal by then so "not to worry, everything will be OK, Thai people will look after Thai people."

21 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The virus enters through the respiratory system not the gut so why would sharing spit cause you to catch the virus?

because it can cross the oral mucosa

22 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Transparent data? Yep, you can see right through the lies. Even the ones about testing. Capacity is increasing but testing is falling. The stats are there for all to see.

As you say , the figures are there to see , data doesn't lie.

You say testing is falling , well the levels are of a magnitude far in excess of anything Thailand achieved.

Just came back from Soi Buakhao in Pattaya. This Soi seems to be already in the 4th or even later stage. Especially the area at Tree Town. Very many hookers standing around without masks (often ladymen), other people running around without masks, people walking and sitting around with beer bottles, people sitting in the restaurants close together and... I don't understand after this why the beach is still closed. It could not be worse there ????

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Just came back from Soi Buakhao in Pattaya. This Soi seems to be already in the 4th or even later stage. Especially the area at Tree Town. Very many hookers standing around without masks (often ladymen), other people running around without masks, people walking and sitting around with beer bottles, people sitting in the restaurants close together and... I don't understand after this why the beach is still closed. It could not be worse there ????

Yes it could. If it was closed down and a ghost-town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

As you say , the figures are there to see , data doesn't lie.

You say testing is falling , well the levels are of a magnitude far in excess of anything Thailand achieved.

I’m sure you’ve seen today’s news on testing in the UK. I’m not sure you should be knocking Thailand today

On 5/20/2020 at 10:50 AM, DrJack54 said:

Almost every measure Thailand has put into place has come after (copied) what some western countries did. 

I am back in the UK now and wish the UK had copied Thailand! The UK are so behind most countries who have gone before with preventative measures that it is truly shocking! Instead of looking to learn from what other countries have successfully done they say they are following 'expert' scientific advice which belies an inward looking we know-it-all British Brexit attitude. With the embarassing incompetance our govt has shown in handling this crisis, God help us Brits after Brexit!

• Like 1