Can A Foreigner Be Added To The House Registration Document?

Although one person has reported that he managed to do so after much effort if seemed to be a cause of giving in rather than legal option. Believe a foreigner can request and obtain a yellow home register legally.

We may be buying a house soon. Can a foreigner (me) be added to the house registration document (tabian baan) ? If so, any caveats?

(I'm on a 1 year n.i. business stay + work permit, in case it makes a difference)

Yes, you can. please check with your local Tambon, for all the paper work you will need. You will be issue a yellow book. You will need passport/visa(1yr) a government offical to vouch for you, etc, but by all mean check with them for all the details FIRST!! :o My friend have had his for years.

We bought a house in my wife's name and I got a yellow Tabien Baan with my name in it. Easy. You can also get your name on the back of the chanote (land registration papers) giving you lifelong right to use the land and any buildings on it. Cost : 75 Baht. Then your wife or gf can't sell or mortgage the land or house without your signature. You need to find the relevant paragraph of the Thai law to show the landoffice or they'll flatly deny there is such a law.

http://www.buildingthailand.com/

Usufruct.pdf

Edited by janchangtha