Travel from BKK to Chiang Mai

finnsk

My mrs want to pickup the grandchilds in BKK and bring them to Ching Mai far a vacation. We live in Chiang Mai area, so actually she is going from Chiang mai by bus to BKK and then return again with the kids back to Chiang Mai.

I can see many of the buslines is started up again also BKK - Chiang Mai, but what about quarantine rules when crossing provins borders, is it still 2 weeks quarantine and paperwork with good reasons for the travel ?

I am not happy to let the mrs/general go in to a crowded bus, so I am also thinking about to take the car and pick up the kids in BKK, but still here I have the same questions about qurantine and travel papers

I do not know about Chiang Mei but I went to Bangkok and back to Sa Kaeo without any problem or quarantine.   As I don't speak Thai, nobody asked me anything.  Everything was just like pre Covid 19.

There were always many police checks for drugs and immigration issues along Bkk and CM road even before corvid19 to my liking.

Good luck.  I think it is ok to have the road trip.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 4:21 PM, finnsk said:

My mrs want to pickup the grandchilds in BKK and bring them to Ching Mai far a vacation

By bringing them to C M on a bus they are at more risk than if she goes to Bkk and stays there for the duration of the vacation.

Otherwise take the car.

• Like 1