How to turn power service on?

Hi everyone,

I've just moved to Thailand. I rented a condo and I need to turn the electricity on. I asked the front desk people but they speak little English and they gave me a phone number to call for the electricity company. When I called, it was an automated message in Thai which I couldn't understand. The owner is Chinese and lives in Singapore so he can't help.

I'm currently staying in a hotel until I get the electricity on so it's quite urgent.

Any help would be great!

tell the agent, or the owner, whoever you rented it from, to get off their ass and sort it out, pronto. It was their responsibility to ensure that it is habitable. Do  not take no for an answer.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kittysoman2013 said:

I've just moved to Thailand.

Interesting. How and when did you arrive? 

Pilotman is spot on, talk to whoever took your deposit money to get the supply connected.

I agree, talk to owner and building management.

I would also get somebody, anybody, to translate, if necessary, hire someone (preferably good looking) it wont cost much, and could have some added benefits for you...

Good Luck!

What part of Thailand? For our benefit in case someone else lives in the same area and can help/

Where is your local PEA office? Find that out (internet) and you can go there armed with a piece of paper with the address on it and act out a pantomime of you wanting it turned back on.

There is probably an outstanding bill. Pay it.

It doesn't matter whose responsibility it is. Yada,yada,yada at the end of the day it is you who wants it back on. 

Edited by VocalNeal

• 2 months later...