Americans ?

They don't get it do they

<<<<Unapproved Twitter source removed>>>>
Edited by metisdead
18) Social Media content is not to be used as source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source, the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube etc.) should always be shown.
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Don't get what?  Most of the people around the world do not understand or transmisson or the actual death causes. This virus caused no more deaths than several flu seasons in the past have.  Flattening the curve is one thing, but it does NOT change the total area under the curve.  The same number of people will be infected and my suffer, but over a longer amount of time.  Shutting down economies will kill more people in the long run. 

The old and weak will die and would have died from  pneumonia, flu, etc.  Cooped up in nursing homes being kept alive well past the time the human body evolved into.  Recirculated air, no sunshine, no exercise, industrial food, nothing fresh, etc,

Obesity, hyper tension, horrible diets.  Look at the state of Mississippi.  Sure the focus was on the supposed disproportionate number of black people that suffered, but it was not because of the things I mentioned above, compounded granted by lower income on average, worse medical care, etc. 

Masks do not stop the tiny micron sized airborne virus particles. Masks only stop some spittle and some moisture but that is not the only thing the virus particles are on.  If you took clean room training such as that for ultra hi tech 10,000 clean rooms or higher you would understand. 

Horrible lack of testing which in itself would at least give good statistics.  Sadly testing is so sporadic in the USA.  No firm data, no idea what the test actually shows. no idea how long the virus is contagious once a person has it .  Just a mess

Eat better, stay fit, get fresh air and sunshine and remember the boy scout Motto "Be Prepared".  The crowded cities and cramped apartments of course increased frequency of contact and amount of viral loads.   Look at the data from any USA state and you will see most cases even by percentage in the large cities. 

Edited by gk10002000

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

China is derelict and arrogant in allowing trade in exotic meats to continue.

Agreed. Only wish it had brought the country to its knees and had the good people turn on their SH!T government and become part of the human race.

The situation in the US has been primarily a failure in the leadership, not by the American people.   I suspect that the majority of people in most countries don't have a good idea of how this or any other virus actually works.   We have to look to our leaders to give us the information we need to keep ourselves and those close to us safe.   This hasn't happened in the US.   It has been highly politicized and viruses really don't respect party politics or national boundaries.   

In the past, when there was an outbreak it was the CDC (and related health agencies) that handle it.  Unfortunately, the CDC has largely been gutted.   They briefed the public, they explained they helped and advised the public.   The politicians stood by them as a measure of support.   This has not happened in this situation.   The US is informed, or in many cases, misinformed, by politicians and health professionals are left to try to explain or correct them after the fact.  There has been no leadership by example. 

The virus is also not even in how it spreads in a large country like the US.   Rural areas have been spared almost entirely in some places.   In other rural areas it is, as can be expected, just now arriving.   There is no unifying voice on what medication should be used (there should be nothing about this except by doctors to other doctors) or what and when masks should be worn.   

Edited by Credo

23 minutes ago, Retarded said:

The best always gets the most attention and jealousy. 

We are envious of your near 100,000 dead?

Americans I have met here are in no hurry to get back to the USA.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, dimitriv said:
5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

This virus caused no more deaths than several flu seasons in the past have.

Where did you get this information?

The information is widely available:

2009 H1N1 (Swine Flu Pandemic) - Estimated anywhere between 150,000 and 575,000 people killed world wide.

Seasonal Influenza: [the WHO estimates that 250,000 to 500,000 people die of seasonal flu annually]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_pandemic

Lock down will have obviously saved lives this time round, however, I'm highly skeptical of the figures and would use this example to explain why: An alligator ate a man and he died of Covid-19 (I'm sure you get my point)....  People who are dying with Covid-19 in their system is not the same as people dying because of Covid-19.

IF respiratory failure as a result of Covid-19 is the cause of death, they died of Covid-19, but what if that person were so weak a regular cold would have tipped them over the edge?

I'm wondering if these Americans have the right approach and the Covid-19 issue is being severly over-reported. i.e. If by the end of the year, will the death tolls be any higher as a result of Covid-19 or will numbers be similar and we realise that this was an over reaction.

Not to criticize the initial reaction as we new nothing of this new virus, but now we have information, is it not significantly less severe than was initially modeled. If so, any continued decisions may be from an 'ar$e covering' perspective, because people would sue the governments for their choice, thus politicians are policy making based on fear of criticism and not whats best for the immediate and longer term future.

Edited by richard_smith237

The supporting link in the OP has been removed as per the following forum rule:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

//Closed//

• Like 2