Johnson risks party wrath to back aide who crossed UK during lockdown

webfact

8 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you have any proof he visited Barnard Castle whilst supposedly in lockdown?

If so, it's a game changer and he must go.

If not, the source should be unmasked for deliberate fake news.

So, from his own mouth.

He was at Barnard Castle.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

And whilst I was weighing up the safety of situations I decided to test drive a 60 mile round trip in case my eyes were still not working properly

With my 4 yr old in the car, instead of leaving him in the care of my sister / nieces, which was the entire reason I drove to Durham in the first place.

He'd kept himself, his wife and child isolated up to that point. Why expose his nieces just to go on a test drive? 

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ll have to get over the idea that the ‘opposition parties’ ‘oppose’ Government, it’s a principle of Britain’s Parliamentary democracy.

Bit of a sorry state of affairs when an opposition have nothing better to do in the middle of a national emergency,still a graphic example of what to expect if they get in again,who's running this country, an elected government or tacky tabloids,sorry the media.?

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

I've not read all the posts regarding this issue but it's a bit lame the boys in the press bleating about this Cummings issue.

Not when 15,000 people a day were entering the country just recently with out so much as thermometer being shoved in their mouth and then spreading far in wide in the British Isles and being free to mix with everyone around them till lock down was introduced.

The fact that it can still be picked up in super markets has also gone right over their heads

We've seen videos of German police giving out masks to the public in their streets. We're lucky to find a shop that even sells them let alone getting them for free.

That's what the politicians and the clowns in the media should be wetting themselves about and then perhaps we would not have the worst statistics on CV 19 in the whole of Europe. 

Cummings is just a convenient whipping boy.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the game changer from that Cummings interview was hearing how his London home was under attack from the Leftwaffe. Ordinary members of the public are not exposed to that additional threat. It also clearly explains why he wouldn't make his trip public, i.e. to protect his elderly parents from coming under a similar attack. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

We are living in an age of conspiracies. Funny how people have been stopped driving the same distance for a day out before the rules changed.

People are forever dreaming up conspiracies, seems to be the fashionable thing to do now

People have been stopped popping around the corner...just depends on your luck

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not paying much attention to the UK news but just checked the deaths.

Why on earth are people still dying when they've had lockdown for 2 months?

Are they lying about the number of deaths?

I imagine people may have caught the virus several weeks ago, symptoms got worse, got hospitalised, ended up in ICU, fought on then died. Hopefully the death numbers will be closer to zero soon. Thankfully the numbers are heading in that direction. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

It's a coorr from me. It's yellow fever so don't apologise. 

She is fit, saw her on a BBC programme about 5 years ago, haven't bothered updating it. I might change it to Jennie from Blackpink. Cannot use actual girls I've met, you know it's a privacy thing lol.

46 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

She is fit, saw her on a BBC programme about 5 years ago, haven't bothered updating it. I might change it to Jennie from Blackpink. Cannot use actual girls I've met, you know it's a privacy thing lol.

Another good choice  - makes for pleasant eye candy when waiting in Kasikorn. 

• Like 1

The real shocker is given he has been billed as this Svengali, planet sized brain genius is that he's not that good with pretty poor judgement and that Boris has strapped himself to him in a seeming suicide pact making him look desperate. Good at a simplistic culture war slogan-driven campaign, too impatient, arrogant and cocksure for effective government.

No mention of autism either so the Tory spam bots will have to have a new attack line today as that kite just didn't fly.

Edited by jimmyswale
  • Like 2