Operation Unhappy Meal: How the FBI trapped the million-dollar McDonald’s Monopoly cheats

snoop1130

Operation Unhappy Meal: How the FBI trapped the million-dollar McDonald’s Monopoly cheats

By Louis Chilton

mcmillions-2.jpg

James Lee Hernandez and Brian Lazarte wrote and directed ‘McMillions’, about the criminal ring that defrauded McDonald’s throughout the Nineties ( HBO/Sky UK )

Everyone thought you never had a chance to win the McDonald’s Monopoly game,” says James Lee Hernandez, “but you never really knew why.” Hernandez, who, along with Brian Lazarte, wrote and directed HBO’s six-part true-crime docuseries McMillions, now knows exactly why.

From 1989 to 2001 in the US, the fast food chain’s promotional competition, in which customers would collect Monopoly-style pieces which could be exchanged for prizes worth up to $1m, was hijacked by a mysterious crime ring. FBI investigators believe that almost every person who came forward to claim a high-value prize during those years was part of one giant scheme to defraud the game.

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/mcmillions-mcdonalds-monopoly-fbi-series-true-crime-sky-documentaries-a9525801.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sujo said:

Why is this even a topic. Its not news, i watched it months ago. 

Yeah, but you have to indulge the folks running Thai Visa when the news day is so slow that there are not even "a dog ate my homework" stories. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Proboscis said:

Yeah, but you have to indulge the folks running Thai Visa when the news day is so slow that there are not even "a dog ate my homework" stories. 

I could post a Youtube story from OANN in what the main stream media won't report, but the moderators would take it down as fake news. ????????????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1