Bizarre bright-green floodwater triggers chemical leak fear

snoop1130

Bizarre bright-green floodwater triggers chemical leak fear

By The Nation

800_41c1499c82cb0b1.jpeg

Photo Credit to Pipe Atavee

Residents of Bang Bo district in Samut Prakan were mystified today (May 26) after waking to discover their neighbourhood had been immersed in emerald-green floodwater.

Pictures posted by Facebook user Pipe Atavee showed the bizarrely coloured water covering the street in front of his house.

Alarmed at the change in colour from the usual black floodwater to bright green, Pipe requested that a relevant agency inspect and test the water for chemical contamination.

An online network of Samut Prakan residents reported that several factories in the local area had tipped waste oil into the sewers, causing a blockage in the system.

Concerned that the factories may have also leaked toxic chemicals that turned the floodwater green, residents are now waiting for local officials to get to the bottom of the mystery.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388540

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-26

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Samut Prakan residents reported that several factories in the local area had tipped waste oil into the sewers

But that is just human nature ... you produce something toxic or illegal ? Just throw it when nobody looks ... out of sight , out of mind .

It is just that , the mindset of people , that has to change .

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

But that is just human nature ... you produce something toxic or illegal ? Just throw it when nobody looks ... out of sight , out of mind .

It is just that , the mindset of people , that has to change .

A lot of factories & tanneries in that area... I'd hate to think what goes down the drains!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A lot of factories & tanneries in that area... I'd hate to think what goes down the drains!

Well that is about anywhere, same with the bad habit of throwing all the cooking oil in the drains. Just had our street cleared again, insane how much BS they got out. 
Could be green water algea or a high ammonia concentration?

Maybe they discovered a chemical that will clean up the water and cause the chemicals in the black water, which is badly contaminated with mold causing agents to settle out. I wish the water in and around my house in 2011 would have turned emerald green. It might have gotten rid of the horrible smell, black scum and mold that grew on the upstair carpets and ceiling fans.