Vietnam is open on that day for foreign tourists

From where do you get this information?

I recomand you to read again the page 2 of this topic

particularly the posts from CLS and myself, he was a little

bit ''optimist'' in his first interpretation of the link

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I'll wait for things to calm down and open up. I don't fancy QR codes to enter malls, shops and bars. I quite fancy Saigon, KL and Penang if Thailand doesn't fully open up.

Writing my name and number took all of 13 seconds but hey enjoy your second and 3 rd choices, that will teach em !

1 hour ago, JohnBZ said:

Thailand had better to loosen up July 1.  Vietnam is open on that day for foreign tourists.  

In Vietnamese news they have not stated which visas will be issued and who would be allowed in. Perhaps folk with work permits and those married to a Vietnamese etc.

May even happen in similar way in Thailand. Tourist visas might be down the food chain

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

There is nothing else to do and this country is boring at the best of times. The last 2 months here have been so dull, I knew I should of stayed in Thailand. The virus is not that widespread and mostly in care homes now. If you have no serious underlying problems then it's not a problem being in the park and having a bbq. I've cycled to a local castle and drank beer on my own, sat in the local park and drank some beer, went to London and sat in Hyde park last week drinking with a friend.

Everything should be opened up again, pub beer gardens are fine to start with and shops with less capacity.

And let those in the care homes die!

(The virus didn't originate in the care homes. They got it from people like you)

• Like 1

LynnVisa is a respected and credible Visa agent in Da Nang.

I hate Facebook and don't have an account there but she posts there and Instagram so here's a link to her post from yesterday re: the meaning of Vietnam's eVisa announcement:

https://m.facebook.com/visatoliveinvietnam/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

I also recommend scrolling to the bottom and reading her post from May 25th re: some negative possibilities about opening and if they do which countries may be first.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 2

As it hasn't been made clear what happens after 31st July yet, and because my Imm Office is around the corner from me, and because I've noticed it pretty empty every time I pass, I decided to go and do my 90 day last week. I was in and out in minutes but after speaking to them, I got the impression that they are relieved that people are still doing their 90 day, as they are also unsure what is going to happen after the 31st July. 

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

And let those in the care homes die!

(The virus didn't originate in the care homes. They got it from people like you)

I very much doubt that they got from me and going for exercise was allowed before the easing of lockdown. Maybe you like hiding away and festering!

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looks as though the following explains what will be needed for Thai nationals and ex pats : (from statement published by “Ministry of Foreign Affairs”)

To summarise ...

- Fit to fly certificate issued in past 72 hours not specifically for covid.

- Insurance covering treatment for Covid up to 100,000 USD

- Work permits etc 

- 14 day quarantine 

I assume this will be the same for normal tourists wishing to enter at a later stage bar the work permit.

Has anyone found any Covid insurance for tourists ? There are some for ex pats and thais but I haven’t found any for tourists !

Edited by HerbyJFlash

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Sorry but she,s my girlfriend now ???? Hey, just joking !

Hmm, I'll let her suck you dry financially and upgrade myself from a 36mm Rolex Presidential to a either a Patek Nautilus or Royal Oak Offshore, depending on your financial situation ???? (kidding)

• Like 1

I recently compared different health insurances. When you compare them and contact them, they do not exclude pandemics or corona, unless you had it before joining of course.

Travel insurances usually excludes that, but not health insurance. Immigration asks for health insurance anyway.

4 minutes ago, cerox said:

I recently compared different health insurances. When you compare them and contact them, they do not exclude pandemics or corona, unless you had it before joining of course.

Travel insurances usually excludes that, but not health insurance. Immigration asks for health insurance anyway.

Yup exactly, literally just now came off the phone with my travel insurrance they told me the same thing.

It is not a big deal for everyone younger - because every health insurance covers new corona cases and 100k USD is very low coverage, even a basic international policy usually covers 1M+

But I understand it might be a problem for people of certain age to get a policy. I would say relax the government seems to have a plan to include it in the ticket price etc. - because tourists do not have international health insurance or insurance valid for Thailand.

Fit to fly certificate - I would wait if they create a template for that, then it would be easy I guess because it is not a corona test. But the quarantine thing needs to be solved, e.g. with covid tests before departure and/or arrival as Iceland announced something along that line.

15 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

I hate to burst your bubble as I too am in the same boat but we still face many problems...

1. How will we get Covid insurance ?(Likely to be compulsory to enter Thailand )

2. Will we face 2 weeks quarantine on arrival? (I assume so)

3. How will we get medical certificate proving we are covid free? (also likely to be compulsory and difficult to obtain ).

4. We are behind a huge back log of expatriates and Thais still waiting to get back to Thailand. They will be on flights before us. 

5. Before lockdown certain high risk countries were made to meet special requirements , if your from US or UK we are about as high risk as it gets. We will probably be last to be permitted entry.

Again, I hate to sound negative but it’s not as simple as the lockdown ending on July 1st. 

Whenever the borders re-open, quarantines will end. Several other countries have announced their intention to end quarantines as soon as they re-open. Why would Thailand be any different?

If they are so daft as to retain quarantines, NO ONE will come. Simple as that. It would essentially be a polite way of saying "stay away".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Thailand will not open its borders for every nation. The number of cases in India and Russia are increasing every day, in the UK they are still high, also in the US and what will happen in Europe after many countries allow to travel we will see in a few weeks.

The US states are opening up. Cases are declining. The curve is flattened. Only the state’s Democrat Governors are resisting Trump’s declaration to open up. It’s all political. There is no reason the US should be excluded from traveling to Thailand on July 1.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, cerox said:

It is not a big deal for everyone younger - because every health insurance covers new corona cases and 100k USD is very low coverage, even a basic international policy usually covers 1M+

But I understand it might be a problem for people of certain age to get a policy. I would say relax the government seems to have a plan to include it in the ticket price etc. - because tourists do not have international health insurance or insurance valid for Thailand.

Nope. Easy to buy insurance yourself. Incorporating into flight tickets has never been done anywhere in the world that I know of...normally only airport taxes and such are included.

They could do something like introducing an electronic system like an ETA like Sri Lanka and Australia, New Zealand, the USA and Canada now use for visa-waiver countries. That way, a special fee could be collected alongside the ETA fee, as New Zealand has done. They are levying the tourism fee to foreigners entering on the ETA by charging them this fee at the same time they pay for the ETA. Foreigners needing to apply for a visa at an embassy (such as Thais) pay the tourism fee when they apply for their visa.

5 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

I honestly thought you were talking about Thailand. You really believe the UK is boring compared to Thailand?

Ok, the summer months are ok in the UK, the rest of the year is cold and horrible. I actually prefer the Thai climate, don't even mind the hot months or the rainy season.

33 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Whenever the borders re-open, quarantines will end. Several other countries have announced their intention to end quarantines as soon as they re-open. Why would Thailand be any different?

If they are so daft as to retain quarantines, NO ONE will come. Simple as that. It would essentially be a polite way of saying "stay away".

I read about Bali about 30 minutes ago, they hope to resume tourism in July but you will need to prove you are covid-19 free. I posted a thread in the covid-19 section.

"The island hopes to reopen in July - but tourists will need a negative test result from their home country, or Indonesian city of origin, before being allowed in. They will also need to fill in an online form, set up by the local government, to enable tracing in case needed."

I'm inclined to think Thai life will go back to normal fairly quickly, there's only been few deaths (57) and you only need to see the road carnage to see Thais aren't to concerned with death.  Went for a haircut yesterday, sign says "No mask no service"  I said do you want me to put on my mask, they said no need.  Thats going to be how most places / small businesses operate in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1