Go-go bars gone as coronavirus hits Bangkok's sex district

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

"Even when it does reopen, customers will be worried about their safety," she said at the BarBar club on Patpong's Soi 2 street.

been here many times.

pouring hot candle wax onto women's rear ends.

you know, the usual run of the mill thing.

Social distancing and the sex industry are hard to make compatible, however.

"I can provide alcohol gel or temperature checks," said 38-year-old Jittra Nawamawat, one of BarBar's founders. "But staying one metre apart is impossible.

Comical

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

They never reported a virus case on Nana or Cowboy so go figure.

There had been a number of case reports using the euphemism "close contact with foreign tourists."

Separately, I ran into a few near a place where I used to play pool and watch sports broadcasts (and not as one of their customers). They are still working and said that one - who once stated she would stop working for 50,000 baht per month - had gone home a couple months ago and opened a goat farm. 

I asked them if they weren't afraid of getting COVIT? "Mâi-mii !!!" I guess that's a necessary attitude in their line of work.

21 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Don't believe all you read from Reuters! 

Go-go bars haven't all gone, yet, and Covid-19 has not "hit" Patpong, or the other two places, any harder than many other businesses that also received temporary closure notices.

No why should I believe Reuters, a well known international news agency with an excellent reputation for fair reporting, when I can believe Bob A Kneale, who writes on a thread for Thaivisa.com  555  hilarious!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, siamsev said:

No why should I believe Reuters, a well known international news agency with an excellent reputation for fair reporting, when I can believe Bob A Kneale, who writes on a thread for Thaivisa.com  555  hilarious!

You don't have to believe me.  Similarly, why should anyone believe anything that you post here?

You should consider, though, that the go-go bars have not gone and the entertainment industry has not been hit harder than many other businesses as the deliberately misleading and clearly false headline from that paragon of virtue, Reuters, claims.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Me neither!

Yes, for the girls safety she should always check the temperature of the mans big head and the little head. And just to be sure he should also check her anal temperature.

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Patpong has been on the decline for many years now. But, this thing is going to force alot of locations out of business. It will be a complete re-set of the nightlife scene here. The risks are very low, as Covid is basically gone. Dead. Zero. Zombiefied. Nunca. Nada. DOA. So, little to no risk of close contact. At least until they open the borders again. That will be the big variable.

The other variable will be if these spots do open, who will patronize them? Tourism is not returning to Thailand anytime soon. With the restrictions in place for incoming tourists, combined with the devastation of the wallets and savings of the target market for Thailand, no one knows what they will open to. Ex-pats, and a few Thai customers. Not enough to even pay for electric and rent, much less salaries. 

My mate owns 2 bars. No decline up down. The decline is the new gov and immigration 

Edited by tomauasia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

been here many times.

pouring hot candle wax onto women's rear ends.

you know, the usual run of the mill thing.

Is there a purpose to that activity, or is it just S&M? The thought occurred to me the molds may be up on your living room wall, with dates and names suitably inscribed.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No offense meant, but that sounds like a slippery path to alcoholism in a big bar.

Shurely shome mishtake?

A big bar offered more chance of writer's cramp.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

What on earth is seedy about the business? Can someone, who is not weighed down by a religious background break that one down for me? I find it entirely wholesome. 

Agree, probably a moralistic old goat with one foot on a banana peel with no juice left in his tank.

Edited by Melbun
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

What on earth is seedy about the business? Can someone, who is not weighed down by a religious background break that one down for me? I find it entirely wholesome. 

It's seedy when the women are coerced. Or under the age of consent. When they are in the business of sex of their own free will, no.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It's seedy when the women are coerced. When they are in the business of sex of their own free will, no.

OMG that's funny ( a waste of 7 words at the beginning ). I rewarding you with a funny face

Thailand has been looking for a way to shut down the bar and gogo scene for a long time. Congrats guys you found it, i would have thought by now you would have realized just how much you need it but .....nope

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skorp13 said:

Thailand has been looking for a way to shut down the bar and gogo scene for a long time. Congrats guys you found it, i would have thought by now you would have realized just how much you need it but .....nope

So are you saying that Thailand has no desire to attract 30+ million visitors annually ?? I guess if that happens, there is always the opportunity to bring families to swim at Pattaya beach and visit a few temples instead.

3 minutes ago, Melbun said:

OMG that's funny ( a waste of 7 words at the beginning ). I rewarding you with a funny face

Don't know what you are on about, there are women that fall into both categories.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Melbun said:

So are you saying that Thailand has no desire to attract 30+ million visitors annually ?? I guess if that happens, there is always the opportunity to bring families to swim at Pattaya beach and visit a few temples instead.

That appears to be the narrative they are going with unfortunately

4 minutes ago, Melbun said:

From one sort of preying to the other sort of praying.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, skorp13 said:

That appears to be the narrative they are going with unfortunately

Who  knows ?? But one thing is for sure the word ' narrative ' must be the most used word on You Tube. I've come to hate it.