Go-go bars gone as coronavirus hits Bangkok's sex district

webfact

20 hours ago, webfact said:

"This COVID-19 is an accelerant of change," said Michael Ernst, an Austrian 25-year veteran of the district and former bar owner who opened the Patpong Museum weeks before the new coronavirus reached Thailand.

At 25 years of age, he is already a veteran.  What are the rest of you ?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

I've always been repulsed by bar girls. My first Thai gf was a mid-level officer in the Ministry of Education. My second one was a plastic surgeon's RN. My third one was a very beautiful and shapely family cook in an open-air restaurant in Chiang Mai. All of these were the finest of women, real ladies (but passionate and open-minded).  I've had interest, as well, from a beautiful airport ground staff girl, and a luscious, wonderful pharmacist. Seems to me that farang men who can't do any better than bar girls are of several types (a) green 20-year-olds who think bar girls are all that Thailand offers. They could at least have visited ThaiCupid.com before traveling. (b) fat, ugly, bald old geezers who have no other choices (c) idiot sex tourists of all types. (d) guys who have no imagination or don't even try. It's so easy to meet a "real" woman in Thailand. Then there's the desperate dowries--geezers who go up to the Udon Thani area and buy their bride with a dowry (and find themselves building a house--in the wife's name, of course--and supporting half the village.)

While I implore your desire to ride on a high horse, <deleted>r those of us that have been in or around the kingdom fir a long time your post largely speaks of the fact that despite clearly having a fantastic period of time to be with Thai ladies, you have not realised that until you take the time to understand how they tick and what their world views and motivators are, you don't know them. 

My wife comes from a good background and has never worked in a bar, she is fortunate to have a fantastic education. Some of my friends that are working in bars are perhaps not so fortunate. 

Their means differ, the way they go about achieving their motivators are different, but those motivators are all the same. 

It is not the circumstances that define the woman, but the family and the friends that define the woman. 

20 minutes ago, thairookie said:

At 25 years of age, he is already a veteran.  What are the rest of you ?

25 year veteran maeans he has been out and about this business for 25 years. Unless he was born into it he is probably a lot older.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 1:56 PM, sandrew33 said:

Thailand has tested 2,000 per million. Singapore is at 16,000. Australia 17,000. Thailand is in a low end group of testing countries whose results are considered wildly unreliable as result of the low tests. 

Everyone agrees that lifting of restrictions requires a wide testing, tracing and quick acting isolation regime. Thailand has, on available evidence, none of those systems in place. 

The lifting of restrictions is just going to see a surge in new cases unless the testing regime is massively broadened and improved. 

Everyone agrees? <deleted> do you get that? I don’t agree, covid19 is a scam, open back.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

"I can provide alcohol gel or temperature checks," said 38-year-old Jittra Nawamawat, one of BarBar's founders. "But staying one metre apart is impossible."

If ever this was the time for VR hologram remote internet sex, I don't know when.

Tech Bros?  Anyone?  Anyone?????

19 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Don’t worry, everyone. It is only temporary. Covid 19 is gone, you’ll see them all again.

Some of the go go bars are worth a fortune in terms of renovation work put in, lights , sound , stage etc.

if it does return to normal soon, many people would have lost millions .

i an not too sure if same or new people will be in the rush or position to invest millions again to open new 

Keep in mind , rents for bigger ones in prime locations is not cheap either 

5 minutes ago, Aland said:

Everyone agrees? <deleted> do you get that? I don’t agree, covid19 is a scam, open back.

They may not test but they have done a great job at tracing people exposed or who exposed them that is the difference. Do you really think if there was a over flow of cases the info would not appear on social media.

3 minutes ago, moe666 said:

The largest out break in Bangkok a Boxing arena and a night club on Thong Lor. They never reported a virus case on Nana or Cowboy so go figure.

The super spreader went to see a boxing match rather than going to a go-go bar ?

You would expect that a super speader would  go to a go-go bar rather than a boxing match 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

so do the bar girls on Soi 6.  They are often an insult to Bulldogs. 

I tend to focus on the body. No-one looks at the mantelpiece when they are stoking the fire.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

Agree with you there mate 100%.  In my experience knowing and chatting to many girls in this industry, never met one that really disliked or complained about their job.  Nor any that were too keen to move to an alternative work that was accesible to them. i.e. Low paying factory, construction, farming.  Might have changed in recent years, as there's not a huge amount of customers like 5-10 years ago.

I might be casting generalization here, but from my experience and that of nearly all the guys I know, most don't cut it in other areas of work after too long in a bar.  And if my three relationship are any indication - they're not much good at housewives either.  Of course there's exceptions, as too what standards a guy expects. 

Agreed.

People see "sex work" and have an image of the girls spending all day on their backs (knees, whatever....).  But most of their time is spent with their mates, eating, drinking, having fun.  Some do like the sex, but for many it's just a small inconvenience to pay for the next meal or pair of shoes.  There's often an informal competition to see what they can get out of the next punter to enter the bar.

After all, we're not Thai, we don't really count against them in "she's a bad girl" terms.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1