Private quarantine facilities at own cost offered to returning foreigners

rooster59

Some private hospitals also have floors available for such 14 day stay.  The price for hotels or hospitals seemed to be in the 30-60k range for normal stay/cleaning/3 meals a day from a short list I noticed yesterday.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

All the quarantine packages are similarly priced at around 50-60k net for the 2 weeks. Cheapest I've seen is Royal Benja in soi 3 at 45k, which is around double the rates you can find at the same hotel on the booking sites. 

So looks like I wasn't far out with my first guess - 5,000Bt p/nt.

• Like 1

"... and will also be subject to 14 days quarantine in Thailand, either at a state facility or in a private facility at their own cost,” he added."

My guess is that the above could easily be misunderstood:

Questions:

-Does foreigner pay to stay at 'state facility'?   (It's clear that the foreigner pays at the luxury locations.)

- Can 'private facility' mean stay at own home with own family (no other older people in residence), isolated in own bedroom, son puts meals at the b'room door? Especially where:

- foreigner uses a wheel chair

- if foreigner holds PR 

- if destination is not Bkk (mine is Chiang Mai where there's no mention of luxury locations)

- if coming from a country which has very low infections numbers, low number of deaths, e.g. Australia

- where Oz doctor is suggesting a full test 14 days before departure and then again 3 days before departure and both tests are negative?

Seems that no flights yet operating Sydney to Chiang Mai and return to Sydney, but when operational I will contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and CAAT and ask re the above and post their answers.

• Like 1