Night of violence across America leaves streets scarred, outrage simmering

webfact

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I agree, and it’s one of those occasions when prosecutors need to do the smart thing rather than the emotively popular thing.

The mistake I feel they made is there was enough evidence in the video footage to have arrested and charged the officer on Day 1, even the commonly used ‘holding charge’ would have indicated action was being taken.

The delay in taking action is without doubt a contributing factor to the ensuing public anger.

The Fox Five said exactly that.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Not correct, the investigation does not have to be completed. It just needs to be sufficient, and the video was more than enough.

The police, investigators, prosecutors and others involved in this obviously did not think so.

But, believe what you want.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No, not out there at all if you understand the US and its politics.

That is me I think but not true of you though. I don't think these protest will get trump one more single vote. Are you American? Be honest please.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The police, investigators, prosecutors and others involved in this obviously did not think so.

But, believe what you want.

Someone can get charged if sufficient evidence, and evidence found later in the investigation can be added. Your claim states it can not, which is complete nonsense.

They can hold someone for 24 to 48 hours. During this time investigators have to collect all evidence necessary and present that to the prosecutor for charges to be filed.  If the evidence is lacking, or they do not complete their investigation during the time frame, the person is released.

"or they do not complete their investigation during the time frame," is simply not true, and there was plenty of evidence in this case, more than enough to charge.

It looks like they were hoping this would blow over.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Justified frustration/anger among a great many of the working middle class already exists. It was this that had/has some misguided folks supporting The Donald. The latest police killing provides the match to set the anger in motion. We are reminded that while lip service is given systematic inequality continues with little abatement.

Systematic equality exists all over the world, and has done since the dawn of time.

It boils over in anger, violence and committing of crimes as the pressure builds up. It will, usually, result in oppression to re-establish what is known as order; or occasionally, in revolution which claims to bring change but soon re-establishes inequality.

Add to that a now entitlement that's been fostered in many African-Americans, and the US has a potent fuel to add to the cycle. 

This is what happens when politicians tinker with social engineering, trying to push the lid down on problems with small appeasements rather than tackling the actual issues. It's not politically correct to recognize the real issues and deal with them realistically. Better to pretend - until it all blows up again.

• Like 1

During my undergraduate years, I took pre-med courses with the intention of med school. But I didn’t have the marks to continue.  Minorities with similar test scores got in.  They had a lower bar.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

During my undergraduate years, I took pre-med courses with the intention of med school. But I didn’t have the marks to continue.  Minorities with similar test scores got in.  They had a lower bar.

Same in Xinjiang and other ethnicities.

They were never subject to the one child policy either. Seems it isnt enough to prevent violence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1