Night of violence across America leaves streets scarred, outrage simmering

webfact

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed as well as the replies:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But for whatever crazy reason lots of poor people continue to vote for Trump.

Not that all the DEMs are much better, but at least a little.

Americans should be in the streets everyday to protest again that incompetent leader.

The problem with that is nobody is going to pay you to do that. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The violence in their neighborhoods is the biggest problem. Low house prices, low amounts of property taxes leading to poorly funded schools. Look at some hoods and you see lovely old houses and then you see a price for a mansion fixer upper for like $40,000. You already know what's wrong with it.

The thing is they are as racist as anybody they accuse of being racist. The average working black guy isn't but you don't think the gang bangers aren't completely racist? There are more racist gangbangers then there are racist cops. 

Don't like cops? Neither do I so I do not do the things that bring them around me. I grew up in poor areas and lived in some black ghettos myself. Went to the same schools. 

I would love to see a figure of how many cops were killed by minorities this year. 

One of these days the cops are going to refuse to do their job and let the mob riot. That might change people's mind about the necessity for cops.

Cops are just people- good and bad like everyone else. They are products of their environment and upbringing.

I wouldn't do a job that meant I might get killed just for wearing the uniform, and that was the reason I didn't become one. Some guy just walked into a cop shop and killed the desk officer. No provocation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, mikebike said:

Yep, that'll do it... keep repeating exactly what hasn't worked for the disenfranchised in the USA since its inception. Systemic change has only ever happened in America via protest and/or riots.

Not sure I follow - Does rioting and looting and burning down buildings write laws in the USA? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If Black American and their white sheet followers want change then perhaps they should join the police force, and see how their fellows act, when they are breaking the law and their actions when stopped for the acts. I don't condone the action of the Police officers and am sure they will pay for their parts in the death. Instead of filming the problem, perhaps intervention would have been more appropriate why was he arrested? and why was it necessary to be held, did attitude played a part in the action?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Unless one of the old geezers kicks off between now and November and the Republicrats or the Demicans put forth a better candidate, I'm not optimistic that we'll be seeing much peace and stability on the streets.  Unless it's under perpetual curfews and jackboots.

Fortunately as per normal Republican dogma - it is unlikely that the jackboots will be from the federal level unless specifically asked for by local state governments. 

Clearly, racism has been a problem in America forever.  BUT it's no where near the MOST racist country in the world.  Hundreds of millions of immigrants go to America for a reason; however, racism against blacks is pretty bad (probably top 15 in the world).

Had someone from S. Africa say America is the most racist because America is on the news.   ???????????????????  

People also forget the MILLIONS murdered because they weren't Catholic.  

i remember the American riots in 1992.  in 1992, everyone said, "never again."  

ok

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

If you want the cop to walk away free charging him with first degree murder is the perfect way to do so. 

I agree, and it’s one of those occasions when prosecutors need to do the smart thing rather than the emotively popular thing.

The mistake I feel they made is there was enough evidence in the video footage to have arrested and charged the officer on Day 1, even the commonly used ‘holding charge’ would have indicated action was being taken.

The delay in taking action is without doubt a contributing factor to the ensuing public anger.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1