Night of violence across America leaves streets scarred, outrage simmering

webfact

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

So if he had been in jail a day or two sooner it would have mattered? 

Yes, in that case the first day of protests, asking for his arrest, wouldn't have happened. If would have defused.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

And black people kill more white people every year both in sheer numbers AND percentage of population, but that doesn't fit the narrative either. 

I read that black people are three times more likely to be killed by police than white people. Is that true? Seem human rights abuse to me. No. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, stevenl said:

Yes, in that case the first day of protests, asking for his arrest, wouldn't have happened. If would have defused.

They are the worst they have been and th guy is in a bare room stripped naked except for a suicide frock with velcro. Every few minutes they shine a light on the guy and make him move to verify he is alive. The ACLU would consider this torture. 

Can they stop now?

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

the guy was a suspect of using FAKE MONEY

so he was arrested for a reason

people go protest & burn down things for this, but not against the stupidity of lockdown for a virus that kills as much as the flu ?

Allegedly using FAKE MONEY.

Has the note yet been confirmed as having been fake.

There are rumours that that Chauvin and Floyd had bad blood from when they worked as doormen at the nightclub. Chauvin is reputed to be on suicide watch probably for a number of reasons not just for the obvious one.

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I read that black people are three times more likely to be killed by police than white people. Is that true? Seem human rights abuse to me. No. 

They are 100 times more likely to be murdered by a black person.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

They are the worst they have been and th guy is in a bare room stripped naked except for a suicide frock with velcro. Every few minutes they shine a light on the guy and make him move to verify he is alive. The ACLU would consider this torture. 

Can they stop now?

Nothing to do with my post.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Nothing to do with my post.

Justice has begun yet the riots won't stop. Tis is what happens when you do lockdowns and make people cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. I have been saying Americans won't shelter in place forever for awhile. 

This is the catalyst, I predicted rioting for the last several months.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

So, where is the leader who is supposedly Making America Great Again. Remember that? MAGA?

Where are the democrat leaders? The mayors and governors of the cities burning and being looted are democrats! Why is it always up to the President to bale these incompetent democrats out?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Many of them become "nasty pieces of work" from working as police. I thought about joining law enforcement at one time. Then I started meeting cops. 

I had a friend that was one of the nicest guys I had ever known. He was a volunteer fireman, a paramedic and would always join in whenever anyone needed help. 

After working for some time as a volunteer deputy, he finally got on permanently. After about a year and a half, his mood had changed. He now trusted no one, saw everyone as a suspect, and had nothing nice to say about people. I stopped hanging around him. 

Unfortunately, when all you do is deal with people in violation of law, you soon become paranoid and callous. And, among the group, their are those that go over the top. They usually won't stand out from the others that have grown tired of public in general.

In the Floyd case, the cop had raise a number of red flags. His instability was apparent. There should others held accountable.

But, in the end, Floyd, although the spark, is not what is fueling the continued rioting. 

I met a British police officer holidaying in Pattaya a few years back and would sometimes chew the fat with him. He told me much the same thing.

He said words to the effect that "We know the public hate us and we in turn hate the public. You can't speak your mind at work for fear of colleagues grassing you up. I hate the job and can't wait till I can retire".

He also expressed a hatred for a certain ethnic minority and came across as a very bitter and f......ed up man when he spoke of his true feelings. But I could see it from his point of view and it did not surprise me.

It made me see why so many coppers we encounter are often nasty ba...ards and rarely have civilian friends. I did not envy his choice of profession.

But none of this excuses the actions of those four cops in Minneapolis.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I met a British police officer holidaying in Pattaya a few years back and would sometimes chew the fat with him. He told me much the same thing.

He said words to the effect that "We know the public hate us and we in turn hate the public. You can't speak your mind at work for fear of colleagues grassing you up. I hate the job and can't wait till I can retire".

He also expressed a hatred for a certain ethnic minority and came across as a very bitter and f......ed up man when he spoke of his true feelings. But I could see it from his point of view and it did not surprise me.

It made me see why so many coppers we encounter are often nasty ba...ards and rarely have civilian friends. I did not envy his choice of profession.

But none of this excuses the actions of those four cops in Minneapolis.

They become more like the people they encounter and work with. Prison guards also get this. It becomes easy to tase the guy who just threw semen in your face.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Gonna be alota flat screen tv boxes on the curb for trash pickup this Tuesday. 

They seem to be burning them in the middle of the streets so that will help. ????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

They seem to be burning them in the middle of the streets so that will help. ????

The cameras aren't on the alleys. To be fair NYC doesn't have alleys that's why it is full of trash everyday. Didn't your mama ever tell you how to loot?

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Haha 1