Apple in Thailand SUCKS!

brucegoniners

14 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Yeh, and there is only one HQ for Honda, Pepsi, Rolex and any other Company in Thailand.

I don’t know anything about the HQ for any of the companies you listed, but I do know that there is only one Apple Store in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Yeh, and there is only one HQ for Honda, Pepsi, Rolex and any other Company in Thailand.

Not sure where you're going with this one.

I think you're confusing an "Apple Store", a company owned and backed sales location, with other corporation country HQs, that are there to handle in-country contracts, logistics and marketing. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I usually order my Macs or MacBooks at Studio 7, not online, in one of the many shops. They have many shops and good service, never had a problem with them. 

Agreed. My iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air purchased at the local shop at Central Festival. Never a problem and the techs have helped if I have a setting gummed up ...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

That's not true. If you have payment problems, you could go to any PowerBuy and order it from there. They'll open Apple site in front of you, you'll configure it any way you want, the price at the bottom is what you'll be paying, and then they'll order it for you, it'll be custom assembled for you and arrive at the store within 1-2 weeks when you pick it up there after testing it. If anything is wrong they'll return it for you.

Much safer way of doing it.

Oh so Apple was lying to me?? Ok. Lol I said I want a special configuration and they only have the basic model.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

I would buy it taxfree on Changi airport....you get worldwide service anyway...And in Singapore they give you a western service...the taxfree discount you get there can pay for the airfare.

Wouldn’t have the configuration I want.

Edited by brucegoniners
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

As I alluded to in my post, the computer with the upgrades I want aren’t sold in the resellers’ stores.

I had the same CC problems trying to order off the Apple/Thai website. I was able to order and pay with my CC some cables which were delivered successfully but when I tried to order a new custom config 16 Macbook, a few days later an email said they couldnt charge my card.

Called the CC company and they stated all was good with the card and had enough credit to buy.

Went to the Studio 7 in Hua Hin yesterday. Asked about a custom config Macbook Pro and the gal said 45 days. Also cant order new Mac Pro from Studio 7.

Second Apple store being built in Bangkok but delayed for the obvious.

Just my experience.

2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

However, there is more than one Apple Store in Thailand.

No there are not. There is only 1. 

There are many resellers but only I Apple Store. There is going to be a 2nd but again only in Bangkok.

Do get your facts right, stop doing a tRump.

2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

True, you may not have one near you, but just thought you would like to be corrected so that you can rant a bit more? 

You don’t have one near you either unless you consider an hour flight or up to 9 hour drive to be “near”. 

Engage brain before operating keyboard.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 1:00 PM, yuyiinthesky said:

I usually order my Macs or MacBooks at Studio 7, not online, in one of the many shops. They have many shops and good service, never had a problem with them. 

Ordering directly from Apple, which I prefer to do by phone rather than online, means that Apple will entirely replace or repair your Mac if anything goes wrong. Buying from authorized resellers, you're out of luck.

Just being argumentative about Outlets imo.. I rather enjoy watching the reaction when my Apple place tells Cheap Charley the price of a new I phone Battery, opens it up and tells them Seals broken, Guarantee is invalid, you have a copy and we wont fit a new one. Go Back to where you bought it..! ....... But But. ????

I was also sceptical about Apple in Thailand but I needed a new phone so I went to Studio 7 in Phuket and have to say they were fantastic, I got the phone which they insisted I open in front of them and they did some basic tests on it, all very professional and restored my faith in Apple’s main reseller in Thailand???? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Uroller said:

I was also sceptical about Apple in Thailand but I needed a new phone so I went to Studio 7 in Phuket and have to say they were fantastic, I got the phone which they insisted I open in front of them and they did some basic tests on it, all very professional and restored my faith in Apple’s main reseller in Thailand???? 

They also transferred all the iPhon5 information to the XR. It was easier as I have an Apple Account with the iCloud backup. The only thing I am missing is my old iTunes playlist. Still using my ancient iPod for that on my ancient Altec Lansing radio/speaker unit at home in the office.

On 6/3/2020 at 2:40 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

But they are nice people to talk to, I’ve just spent a while chatting to an Australian Probably getting a software glitch sorted out in the maps app. The maps has difficulty finding Thai addresses and there is a way to (Probably) add them.

The shipping is incredibly fast with under promise and over perform. Any problem does get sorted out if you give a little more  time.

How were you able to add an adderss  to Apple maps. I have same problem, maps won't recognise my location/home in Pattaya.

Thanks

John

13 minutes ago, jcowle said:

How were you able to add an adderss  to Apple maps. I have same problem, maps won't recognise my location/home in Pattaya.

Thanks

John

You have to first put a red pin on your actual location then using the blue i in the top right select add a missing place.1D594A1D-82F8-459E-BFAB-CD16CC83C546.jpeg.474c7a94dfbe413f402296c4f409e870.jpeg

select street address

501E1BF5-35C0-43A8-B5F2-92E45AC0F483.jpeg.c065025765aef4ae88b9cf5e23a9fd29.jpeg

then ensure that the pin is in the exact81CCF52A-6A92-4FC0-B72F-0CBED40B4D72.thumb.jpeg.2db95d7ed21f76a7c3e03ee7cce7a267.jpeg

location Add your exact address and submit the report. This will then go through and in time it should get added to the map, though the Apple tech support rep did say that it will be sometime, when asked for a timeframe and offered hours, days, weeks, months, Or longer he thought it could be option 4 but with no guarantee 

On 6/3/2020 at 2:55 PM, pineapple01 said:

Theres even an Apple Genuine in Phitsanulok , Chaing Mai, Hua Hin, Ubon Rat. Most all the provinces but if it spoils a rant, so be it.

But no official Apple Store. FWIW I haven’t ranted that’s your perception, just given information.

7 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Oh so Apple was lying to me?? Ok. Lol I said I want a special configuration and they only have the basic model.

Maybe. It is certainly possible to buy a custom 27" iMac with Core i9 processor, 64 GB RAM and 2 TB SSD. Hardly a stock configuration.

But wherever you go, you'll have to wait for your computer to be assembled, and shipped within about 3-4 days, then another week or so to arrive. But you won't have credit card issues. Actually buying like this at PowerBuy can be cheaper than from Apple site as you can use any normal credit card promotions the shop offers and Apple does not.

11 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Maybe. It is certainly possible to buy a custom 27" iMac with Core i9 processor, 64 GB RAM and 2 TB SSD. Hardly a stock configuration.

But wherever you go, you'll have to wait for your computer to be assembled, and shipped within about 3-4 days, then another week or so to arrive. But you won't have credit card issues. Actually buying like this at PowerBuy can be cheaper than from Apple site as you can use any normal credit card promotions the shop offers and Apple does not.

I dont think Apple Buyers know the price in any detail, bit like Rolex buyers. as long as im not seen with anything else thats all the image needs.

• Confused 1

I bought the 16" MBP (appx US$4000) back in December from the online store. Had similar problems with my credit card. Called the credit card company, they said they were unaware of any charges or alerts whatsoever, so I called up Apple support in SG. They immediately identified the problem and said that they often have problems with a single large charge, and she offered to break it up into 4 smaller charges. Those charges went through within 5 minutes, and my computer arrived a few days later. I think anyone's experience with Apple largely depends on luck.

Been at then the only Flagship apple store in Thailand the one at Icon siam. They wanted 2 weeks to fix my macbook pro keyboard they refused to mail it to me after its fixed as well. 3 days to replace the battery on my iPhone. They did let me use my work permit to purchase a new Macbook for the education pricing. But other than that the customer service for apple in other countries are way better. I spoke to support online before i went to the flagship store to repair my Macbook pro keyboard they suggested I take it to an authorized repair center /reseller. But those were just rip offs who didn't even want to honor the warranty on my Macbook. So it's nice to have at least one flagship store in Bangkok. Have ordered from the Apple website in Thailand as well it still comes from China just like when I ordered it back in the states they used UPS as well. Kerry delivered it on the last stretch when it was in my province. 

16 hours ago, Wars said:

Been at then the only Flagship apple store in Thailand the one at Icon siam. They wanted 2 weeks to fix my macbook pro keyboard they refused to mail it to me after its fixed as well. 3 days to replace the battery on my iPhone. They did let me use my work permit to purchase a new Macbook for the education pricing. But other than that the customer service for apple in other countries are way better. I spoke to support online before i went to the flagship store to repair my Macbook pro keyboard they suggested I take it to an authorized repair center /reseller. But those were just rip offs who didn't even want to honor the warranty on my Macbook. So it's nice to have at least one flagship store in Bangkok. Have ordered from the Apple website in Thailand as well it still comes from China just like when I ordered it back in the states they used UPS as well. Kerry delivered it on the last stretch when it was in my province. 

Complain to the regional center in Singapore about them, you will see results.

Gotta be careful where you put the blame.  I had a similar problem in the USA where it took 3 attempts at payment before the bank finally realized the issue was the company I was trying to pay wasn't located in the USA.  The first 2 times, the bank told me there was no activity and therefore, no declined transaction.  The 3rd time, I saved a screenshot and took it into the bank.  The lady drilled down through half a dozen pages on her screen and finally asked me if the company was in Switzerland (it was- a travel site).  So obviously there was activity.  But for some reason, it didn't show up.

You may want to check to see if Apple Thailand takes payments via Ireland to dodge taxes.  (I say that only halfway in jest)