Thailand reports eight new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

rooster59

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

But, the government is telling people to wear masks here and about 5% of the people in my local area of BKK do so. Compliance seems to remain an issue even when democracy isn't getting in the way. 

That is really not the issue?  here in Pattaya I say it is in reverse 5% don't wear it, if people don't comply then it is an enforcement issue which seem is the case in Bangkok and Thailand as a whole it is said in general Thailand has a million rules and more coming but unless they are enforced they mean nothing.

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

That is really not the issue?  here in Pattaya I say it is in reverse 5% don't wear it, if people don't comply then it is an enforcement issue which seem is the case in Bangkok and Thailand as a whole it is said in general Thailand has a million rules and more coming but unless they are enforced they mean nothing.

I was responding to an earlier post which said this...

"Yes, it is crazy the answer I have is something we take for granted " democracy " it is a wonderful thing but there are times there is just too much of it that nothing gets done?  It has been written Thailand success is due to the military government if they tell you to shut down you shut down."

I interpreted that to mean that lack of democracy here meant that people complied more readily with government directives. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I was responding to an earlier post which said this...

"Yes, it is crazy the answer I have is something we take for granted " democracy " it is a wonderful thing but there are times there is just too much of it that nothing gets done?  It has been written Thailand success is due to the military government if they tell you to shut down you shut down."

I interpreted that to mean that lack of democracy here meant that people complied more readily with government directives. 

We are talking in general! In Thailand although they aren't complying to wearing the mask they are in Pattaya, When it comes to the curfew or drinking they are complying but right now lets use the U.S. they have so much democracy they know nothing else although many claim it is turning into a Nanny State they are rioting, looting and killing each other, breaking curfew you give democracy an inch and they will take a mile you can't send in the military and the police must standby because things are so PC nothing gets done.