Police told to investigate ‘rape’ of Bangkok student by taxi driver

snoop1130

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I was told years ago by a friend of mine that women are afraid to go to the police to report rape, like the police dont believe them and dont have trained officers to deal with rape victims, so a lot went un reported

I would imagine that something like ninety per cent of rapes and sexual assaults by taxi drivers go unreported. But could be wrong. Who knows! 99.99% of drivers being completely safe for female passengers I reckon.

Edited by bulmercke

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:
17 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

So the RTP are "by far the laziest set of idiots", who "do nothing to serve the community" and are "a disgrace to Thailand" just because they hadn't investigated this alleged crime that hadn't even been reported?  What sort of rationale is that?

because the idiots knew about, it but had to be told by their boss to investigate it.  That seems to me to be the very  definition of a set of lazy morons. 

No, they didn't, it hadn't been reported to the police so how could they know about it?

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:
17 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

The alleged incident had not been reported to the police, how can they be expected to work on that?

If an incident have not been reported, why do they know about it?

Don't ask me, ask them, but the OP did say that the incident had not been reported at the time and it's safe to assume that the police do not, and should not,  get their instructions from Twitter posts.

Edited by Bob A Kneale