Popular dog poisoned outside Si Racha 7-Eleven - dog hater suspected!

webfact

Just now, jacko45k said:

I regard the noise I get from my neighbour's dogs as anti-social. To not consider the impact of one's pets is both I guess.

I have a friend back in Texas who lived daily with dogs barking all night long. I understand the problem as I've had dogs all my life and didn't allow them to bark for no reason while I was home. It's good to have dogs around no matter where you live as they warn of intruders, but dogs should be trained and not allowed to get vicious.

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I have a friend back in Texas who lived daily with dogs barking all night long. I understand the problem as I've had dogs all my life and didn't allow them to bark for no reason while I was home. It's good to have dogs around no matter where you live as they warn of intruders, but dogs should be trained and not allowed to get vicious.

Pah, that old excuse is of little compensation, they bark at anything that moves. If they see me or my wife moving in my own property,  they bark, another dog wanders up the street, they go nuts, they bark at the garbage trucks, the gardeners, pool-service, postman, water delivery, and a squirrel in the tree, or the neighbours cat taking a quiet wander. Not a day goes by without multiple disturbances, Thank heavens, I believe they are taken in at night. The owner regards such barking as a 'good job' by these bored mutts.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Anyone who poisons dogs is an antisocial maggot. Yes, there are a lot of dogs in Thailand running loose, and the problem is the people letting them do so without spay or neutering them, but that isn't the dogs problem but peoples. The government needs to put some money towards cheap clinics like the US does, to keep the population under control, but as I've seen, they don't care much about the people here anyway.  A lot of dogs run loose in every village with no owners and it causes accidents with vehicles and yes, possible rabies, so something has to be done. Poisoning isn't the answer and those that do so need to be arrested.

Just the opposite, they are doing the community a favour. Dirty, diseased strays, and there are millions of them, are just a health and safety nuicence as well as noise pests. There is nothing socially positive about these mutts along the roads and round shops. There are better ways of killing them than poison but killing them is what needs to happen, neutering is like trying to empty a sinking boat with a cup. Amusing that people get so worked up about the prospect of millions of dogs being killed, when they eat others that are also killed in their millions, stray dogs are just other animals.

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Pah, that old excuse is of little compensation, they bark at anything that moves. If they see me or my wife moving in my own property,  they bark, another dog wanders up the street, they go nuts, they bark at the garbage trucks, the gardeners, pool-service, postman, water delivery, and a squirrel in the tree, or the neighbours cat taking a quiet wander. Not a day goes by without multiple disturbances, Thank heavens, I believe they are taken in at night. The owner regards such barking as a 'good job' by these bored mutts.

Bored is the word. As far as them barking at you, you can stop that by becoming (I know you don't want to hear this) their friends.Worked for me in next door dogs back in New Jersey and Texas. As far as the other things, you can't reduce that. Bored dogs have little to do but communicate by barking.

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Bored is the word. As far as them barking at you, you can stop that by becoming (I know you don't want to hear this) their friends.Worked for me in next door dogs back in New Jersey and Texas. As far as the other things, you can't reduce that. Bored dogs have little to do but communicate by barking.

Yes I am working on that side of it but neverthless barking at me is only a small part. I retired and bought a house out of the city for a reason. God forbid the solution is to move to the more remote Issarn land!

Just now, Orton Rd said:

Just the opposite, they are doing the community a favour. Dirty, diseased strays, and there are millions of them, are just a health and safety nuicence as well as noise pests. There is nothing socially positive about these mutts along the roads and round shops. There are better ways of killing them than poison but killing them is what needs to happen, neutering is like trying to empty a sinking boat with a cup. Amusing that people get so worked up about the prospect of millions of dogs being killed, when they eat others that are also killed in their millions, stray dogs are just other animals.

They only way to reduce the population without hurting other, owned dogs and other animals is getting them fixed. It isn't the dogs fault both the people who owned the ones making the babies. Here in the village even my extended family has dogs they haven't fixed that are always having babies, a lot that they can't give away. Puppies are cute but grow into dogs and if they aren't taken care of, they make problems for everyone. Education is needed, along with help from the government, although I know that wouldn't be an easy thing here. Where I was born, New Jersey, there's a town called Princeton, where the big college is, that had a small deer population. Hunting wasn't allowed,so the deer multiplied to thousands in a few years. They called in a sniper to remove a few hundred, and subsequently allowed a bow season to keep the animals under control. Deer contraception is possible, but costly, and that was just an example of what happens when animals are allowed to overpopulate. Here fixing them isn't expensive, but who will do it for soi dogs? The government's job.

Just now, jacko45k said:

Yes I am working on that side of it but neverthless barking at me is only a small part. I retired and bought a house out of the city for a reason. God forbid the solution is to move to the more remote Issarn land!

Which is where I live, and 1/2 K from our village, and there are still dogs everywhere, especially when the "house" dog that was a cousin's is in heat. I never see people petting dogs here except my daughter and sometimes my wife. The dogs all love me here because they know I'm nice to them. Some aren't approachable because they aren't owned and fear humans. If you befriend a dog, they see that someone cares and might stop some of the barking. Owners here I see ignore their dogs. Not all but most of what I've seen. It isn't like the US

Edited by fredwiggy

On 6/9/2020 at 8:37 PM, asiasurfer said:

Don't see as to why this is news-worthy. If you love your dog, don't let it stray around on the street.

these dogs are NOT owned by anyone......they breed so then more and more....it goes on.....and some people feed them.....koz they look nice and cuddly....

yrs ago one or two brushed up against my leg....it went red and became very itchy....due to FLEAS no doubt.....

so best to keep away from them ....

Also got chased by 6 pr 7 when out on my moutain bike...

GET SHUT OF THEM ALL.....!!!

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 10:04 AM, Bob12345 said:

Loved enough to give it scraps, but not loved enough to take care of it including VET checkups, healthy dog food (no rice or cooked chicken with bones), and a safe place to live. 

Is there a medical reason why dogs can't eat rice? 

Every dog (and cat ) I've lived with have eaten chicken bones regularly without incident.

Innate heard tales of the bones splintering and choking them, but never saw it myself. 

1 minute ago, shy coconut said:

1 minute ago, shy coconut said:

Every dog (and cat ) I've lived with have eaten chicken bones regularly without incident.

Innate heard tales of the bones splintering and choking them, but never saw it myself. 

Rice is good for dogs and is a part of many dog foods.................Cooked chicken bones can break and splinter, which can cause your dog to choke and can also puncture the gastrointestinal tract, or get caught in his throat.(from a vet site) Chocolate,onions,garlic,avocados,raisins, and candy are some things dogs shouldn't eat.

Edited by fredwiggy

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Humans are just animals as well, we just evolved and invented religion

and nuclear bombs.

We function precisely the same way as other mammals, we are born, suckle milk,

go on to other food. Poop and pee , reproduce, get old and die.

We just think we're special because we complicated things in between birth 

and death.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:53 AM, redwood1 said:

Like people have said a million times here.......You people who want to live in a prefect organized sterile world for Gods sake man move to Singapore.....

The rest of us like stepping over dogs to enter 7-11.......We like dogs roaming the streets....We like uneven sidewalks we like crazy wires hanging from telephone poles we dont mind a little trash...We like Thailand the way it is....... 

Thank you for saying things nicely, I am not able to speak this way, I can think about only 1 word that starts by F to tell to all these losers.

18 hours ago, shy coconut said:

In my view the best diet for a dog is raw meat (lean meat, fatty meat, bones, organ meat, maybe add a small bit of vegetables). As this requires a lot of work and is not handy, you could switch to pebble (or whatever they call the dry dog food). The further you go away from, the worse it is getting for the dog. Rice is for humans, not for dogs. I don't know any vet in the world that would recommend rice for a dog. The dog eats it, and its cheap as most give their leftover... that doesn't sound like a smart way to decide what to give your dog.

Just now, Bob12345 said:

In my view the best diet for a dog is raw meat (lean meat, fatty meat, bones, organ meat, maybe add a small bit of vegetables). As this requires a lot of work and is not handy, you could switch to pebble (or whatever they call the dry dog food). The further you go away from, the worse it is getting for the dog. Rice is for humans, not for dogs. I don't know any vet in the world that would recommend rice for a dog. The dog eats it, and its cheap as most give their leftover... that doesn't sound like a smart way to decide what to give your dog.

Raw meat is good for dogs. Rice is good also, especially white, which is the most digestible grain. Just like people, rice shouldn't be eaten everyday, although try telling that to anyone here. It can exacerbate diabetes because it's high on the glycemic scale. Dogs can eat healthy table food, but it's best to feed it a good dog food because it's made especially for them. They need the same nutrients as we do.