Pence says no rise in U.S. coronavirus cases seen yet due to protests

webfact

Psssst pence quiet......we just passed 2 million cases in the USA .....doesent pence have any self respect he’s supposed to be a religious guy how does he think the supreme beeing feels about his bald faced lies?oh and that (supreme) beeing isent donald John trump

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Tug said:

Psssst pence quiet......we just passed 2 million cases in the USA .....doesent pence have any self respect he’s supposed to be a religious guy how does he think the supreme beeing feels about his bald faced lies?oh and that (supreme) beeing isent donald John trump

A list of things that the imaginary space friend Jeezuz has done about the virus:

• Thanks 1

I was thinking along the lines of the very high number of infected and dead

in the USA.

There have been reports that as many as 30% of all deaths come from

nursing homes. 

My little brain kicks in, "Wonder if the USA wear-houses more old folks

in nursing homes than the rest of the world"

I think they do, it seems to be an expect stage of life in America.

First A baby, then kid, then adult, then family, then empty nest, 

then hello Nursing Home.

Maybe the USA has so many nursing home deaths from virus

because we like to crowd thousands of old folks in the same building.

You know, I guess they are here, but in 6 years I have not seen

a nursing home in Thailand.

I see lots of old folks at homes being with family. 

In the USA you can't drive 5 miles down a road without 

passing a nursing home. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The stock market finally appears to be recognizing, unlike Trump, that the U.S. has NOT won victory over the CV, and there's still a lot of looming death and sickness ahead for Americans, in the absence of any federal leadership on the issue.

Dow slides 1,000 points on fears of coronavirus resurgence, more economic pain

Concerns about a second surge of infections have taken on new urgency since states eased restrictions on gatherings and commercial business. Hospitalizations rose sharply in several states after Memorial Day, and nearly 2 million cases have been reported in the U.S.

“Fears of a second wave are beginning to cause anxiety in the stock market,” said Torsten Slok, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Securities. 

And meanwhile, this other remarkable protests-related headline for the day... How often do you see the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff publicly apologizing for appearing with the "president" of the U.S.?

Pentagon’s top general apologizes for appearing alongside Trump in Lafayette Square

The Pentagon’s top general apologized on Thursday for appearing alongside President Trump near the White House after authorities forcibly removed peaceful protesters from the area, saying that it “was a mistake that I have learned from."

Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, made the remarks in a prerecorded graduation speech to students at the National Defense University. He has been roundly criticized for thrusting the military into politics by walking alongside the president on June 1 as Trump traveled on foot to a nearby church that had been damaged in protests following the police killing of George Floyd.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And meanwhile, this other remarkable protests-related headline for the day... How often do you see the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff publicly apologizing for appearing with the "president" of the U.S.?

The dod chief said the same thing. His, only the best, are dropping like flies.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sujo said:

The dod chief said the same thing. His, only the best, are dropping like flies.

I think the spell is broken finally!!looks like they are finally speaking up DOD JOINT CHEIFS the fed now if some republican senators grow some balls !!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The stock market finally appears to be recognizing, unlike Trump, that the U.S. has NOT won victory over the CV, and there's still a lot of looming death and sickness ahead for Americans, in the absence of any federal leadership on the issue.

I sold my M fund slice, for the next year, 10 days back, knowing this pipe dream rally could not last.  It's nice when you call something right.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tug said:

I think the spell is broken finally!!looks like they are finally speaking up DOD JOINT CHEIFS the fed now if some republican senators grow some balls !!!

Even Lady G (Lyndsey Graham) is supporting positions that don't paint Trump is a positive light.

12 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

I guess that bricks and fire don't protect the demonstrators. Also the progressive wackos whom joined in. The system was working until they subverted it. 

Also a good way to keep Joe in the basement so he can't say anything off script.

I've really no idea what you are trying to say......The system was working until they subverted it......what system, who?

There are wackos of every sort everywhere progressive and retard, or whatever.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I think the Senators have sold them to lobbyists long ago. Have to regrow from scratch!

Covid 19 new infection numbers are a moving target and may or may not indicate changes. These are influenced by changing methodologies and numbers tested. The more reliable indicator is deaths from Covid 19 after normal deaths from other causes are subtracted. Therefore it is too early to assess whether relaxing restriction and the protests are having significant effects. Since Covid severity is age related more positive tests in younger groups might indicate more herd immunity  js taking place. Older groups still need preventive measures but younger groups need to return to normal See attached graph on age related deaths. (Sorry the graph wont come across. Search NCHS Covid 19 by age).

plus_m.pngTable 1. Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia, and influenza reported to NCHS by sex and age group. United States. Week ending 2/1/2020 to 6/6/2020

Edited by checkered flag