Re-opening of CMU Running track & Huey Kaew Arboretum /Fitness Park ???

WaveHunter

Does anyone know when these places will re-open from Covid lockdown?

I can’t find ANY source of information. 

it makes no sense for these outdoor venues to still be locked down. I see many people jogging all around the University throughout the day, many are jogging in groups, and without masks (which has been officially sanctioned as safe to do), yet the best places for jogging remain locked down. 

it would be nice to know when they will re open.  There must be some sort of schedule. If anybody has any information, please share. 

On 6/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, roath said:

Both have been open for some time now. Join some local facebook groups (for Chiang Mai) where this news is disseminated

You are quite misinformed.  I ride by BOTH places every day and there is no question that they are BOTH closed to the public. 

The gates to the CMU track are locked and the track is deserted when I ride by on my bike every day around 5pm, when it would normally be crowded with runners. 

The Arboretum gates are also locked and there is a big COVID sign out front as there has been since mid-March.

The last place I would turn to for reliable information on anything at all is a Facebook Group LOL!  I contacted Huey Kaew Arboretum through their Facebook page and asked them, and they're reply was "We have no idea when it will open" 

Only in Thailand can the simplest bit of information seem to be impossible to find!

• Thanks 1

Why not go running up around the Ratchaphruek Park near Doi Kham? It's much better than the city. We've been going there to walk each evening. It appears they close the gates at 19:00 now. But there is plenty of areas outside the gates to run (and the air is good up there).

20 hours ago, elektrified said:

Why not go running up around the Ratchaphruek Park near Doi Kham? It's much better than the city. We've been going there to walk each evening. It appears they close the gates at 19:00 now. But there is plenty of areas outside the gates to run (and the air is good up there).

Good idea.  Nothing wrong with that, but that is the problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who is curious, I finally got some answers.  Huey Kaew Arboretum is considered part of the National Park system, and as such, will officially open up on 01 July ????.  I'm still not sure about the running track at CMU, but I think it may be opening up on the same date as part of the Phase IV easing.

On 6/18/2020 at 11:11 AM, elektrified said:

That's kind of far from where I live but thanks for the tip; it might be a fun place to check out ????