Dealership to flash mobile phone?

visacrack

Thanks, but it's not about unblocking. I've done some intense reading on the internet these last days and understand the technical implications a bit better now than when I posted. As a result, I find my original suspicion confirmed that this is something only a real aficionado dealer would be able to solve. Don't think anyone of those at Tukcom meets this description... 

Edited by visacrack

9 hours ago, visacrack said:

Thanks, but it's not about unblocking.

If you were able to say what it is you wanted and possibly the type of phone you have then someone may be able to point you in the right direction?

6 hours ago, visacrack said:

It's a 10-year old Nokia, and I want a specific firmware - thus not the most recent. The flash tool doesn't seem to be the problem, but the firmware.

Now don't disappoint me, after all this work  .)

If you don't quote someone your "work" could all be in vain as they may never return to the thread.......

Personally I think you will have more luck trying to source the firmware online starting with Nokia and any forums they may have - if you haven't already. For example SAMMobile is a good repository for Samsung stuff - or used to be a few years ago.

If you paid a dealer enough he may try and find it for you but unlikely. Once you have the firmware flashing should not be a problem as you say.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

2 hours ago, topt said:

If you don't quote someone your "work" could all be in vain as they may never return to the thread.......

You were of help by drawing my attention to this technical condition (quoting). I'm an occasional user only and am still learning - every little tip might help...

Edited by visacrack
Still fighting with the quoting function - why is there a 2nd box, and why can't it be deleted?

1 hour ago, visacrack said:

Still fighting with the quoting function - why is there a 2nd box, and why can't it be deleted?

Hover your cursor on the box corner where you will see a box with 4 quarters, click on this and press delete and the quote box should go. Easy to practice on a reply - just don't press to post it :thumbsup:

(Well that works for me anyway)