No curfew from tonight

rooster59

On 6/14/2020 at 8:31 PM, Silent Number said:

I want to join. Why berate Thailand for not allowing foreigners at present.The Thai citizens are their priority.The same conditions apply to most countries that I am aware of. They are doing a great job of repatriating Thais from many locations. Give credit where it’s due.

I am not criticising the fact that Thailand are doing a good job of repatriating its citizens - I agree with you. But I think the point being made is that farangs married to Thais are being denied access to their families, but will be given access if they are prepared to pay a lot of money for "First Class Isolation", and as one poster would have it "If you can afford to pay - fine, if you can't, tough, go away and don't bother coming back!"  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sambum said:

I am not criticising the fact that Thailand are doing a good job of repatriating its citizens - I agree with you. But I think the point being made is that farangs married to Thais are being denied access to their families, but will be given access if they are prepared to pay a lot of money for "First Class Isolation", and as one poster would have it "If you can afford to pay - fine, if you can't, tough, go away and don't bother coming back!"  

8 hours ago, sambum said:

Sam I sympathise with those who are alienated from their family.But they chose to do that for whatever reason and are given an option to return on conditions. In relation to hotel prices those are set by the different hotels based upon service required I presume. Yes they are more expensive than usual but there may be additional work and expense involved in providing quarantine service I don’t know. As far as “ if you can afford to pay fine, if you can’t tough go away and don’t bother coming back” I have never seen that put forward by any government official,department,or airline.But correct me if I’m wrong there. 

Just now, Silent Number said:

Sam I sympathise with those who are alienated from their family.But they chose to do that for whatever reason and are given an option to return on conditions. In relation to hotel prices those are set by the different hotels based upon service required I presume. Yes they are more expensive than usual but there may be additional work and expense involved in providing quarantine service I don’t know. As far as “ if you can afford to pay fine, if you can’t tough go away and don’t bother coming back” I have never seen that put forward by any government official,department,or airline.But correct me if I’m wrong there. 

They chose to do that so that they could support their families - I would have thought that was obvious.

And why should they have an "option to return on conditions"? (On condition that they fork out a lot of money from what I can see!) The (humane) conditions that I would suggest would be to let them "self isolate" with their families - after all, that is probably the reason they are here?

And my comment re being able to afford to pay or not was directed not at any Government official but to the poster that I was originally replying to whose post read :- 

"Those stuck outside the country will be allowed to return in due course, if part of that allowance is an expensive isolation well the open the wallet....or don't bother coming back. Up to you as the saying goes."

P.S. *** HOT OFF THE PRESS", from today's ThaiVisa, which is taken from from Monday’s English language COVID-19 briefing, Deputy Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Natapanu Nopakun said:-,

"Foreigners who are married to a Thai national or who hold permanent residency but who have been stranded overseas due to COVID-19 are set to be given special dispensation to return to Thailand"

It seems that they have realised that the world is looking on, or have finally shown a touch of compassion.

Edited by sambum

On 6/15/2020 at 9:46 AM, Henryford said:

With no bars open why would you want to stay out after 12.00?

Street racing, Rolling starts on the motorway are fun but are best done early am.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2020 at 4:55 PM, Russell17au said:

Thailand, America, Australia, UK, Europe are all the same. The only ones allowed into the countries are the nationals. You are all whinging about the farang who is married to a Thai not being allowed to return to Thailand. Then get your Thai wife into you home country and see what happens. Your spouse will not be allowed to enter your home country because she is not a national of your home country and it works both ways.

If she had a valid long-term visa, or had indefinite leave to remain, she would be entitled to enter. Very few countries are banning non-nationals from entering regardless of their right of residence, and they all seem to be Asian countries. If you can name a single Western country that is doing so, then name it....you might find it difficult