Transfer stamp to new passport

Transfer Stamp to A New Passport Form

1/ Does anyone have this for applicable for Phuket?  I have spent days looking for a good one, they all seem slightly different..

2/ Now came across some the Bank Book copy at times.... 

3/ Can't find any info of the amount of mess they will stick in the new passports, there were a couple of posts that its a certain stamp that simply

shows old/new numbers . (Seems clever.... if true)

4/ 90Day due 13 days time, of course the online not working, and I can imagine trying to 90 day at office with a clipped old PP

(is it just me or are most passports getting less and less pages?  Seems even that is the modern goverments business model) 

5/ No mention of time limit to transfer.... despite PIV site saying "ALL info here"

Let me know if anyone is interested in this "adventure" and I will post it (it most likely not that popular as its not day to day..)

Thanks all, stay safe and enjoy...

1. This form should be accepted at most offices. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

If Phuket does like it they will give you another one to completed.

2. A copy of your bank book should not be needed.

See this page of the Phuket immigration volunteers for info. https://piv-phuket.com/others/transfer-to-new-passport/

3. They will do a stamp on page 1 of your new passport that has spaces for info about the visa that allowed the permit to stay you have been extending and your old passport.

They will do a new entry stamp showing the entry your visa gave you.

That will do a new stamp for your current extension of stay.

4. You could do your 90 day report on the same day you have your stamps transferred.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. This form should be accepted at most offices. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

If Phuket does like it they will give you another one to completed.

2. A copy of your bank book should not be needed.

See this page of the Phuket immigration volunteers for info. https://piv-phuket.com/others/transfer-to-new-passport/

3. They will do a stamp on page 1 of your new passport that has spaces for info about the visa that allowed the permit to stay you have been extending and your old passport.

They will do a new entry stamp showing the entry your visa gave you.

That will do a new stamp for your current extension of stay.

4. You could do your 90 day report on the same day you have your stamps transferred.

As helpful as usual, thanks, your the best..

• 1 month later...

I have a new Australian passport. I asked the embassy for a letter for immigration for the visa transfer but they said it wasn't necessary, just the stamp in the cancelled passport saying it has been superseded by passport number XYZ would be sufficient. Is this ok do you think?

Also when I was last in Trendy doing a British passport application, another man was there demanding (rudely) a letter for immigration for his visa transfer and the HMPO VFS people said they don't do one either...

Just to add I'm also doing my extension of stay at the same time.

Edited by sussex

1 hour ago, sussex said:

I have a new Australian passport. I asked the embassy for a letter for immigration for the visa transfer but they said it wasn't necessary, just the stamp in the cancelled passport saying it has been superseded by passport number XYZ would be sufficient. Is this ok do you think?

Also when I was last in Trendy doing a British passport application, another man was there demanding (rudely) a letter for immigration for his visa transfer and the HMPO VFS people said they don't do one either...

Just to add I'm also doing my extension of stay at the same time.

Transferal of stamps to a new passport is free, no charge.. They'll try to charge you 4-500 Baht. There is NO charge.  Let's see if you have any ..............

1 hour ago, sussex said:

They will accept the stamp in your passport. 

1 hour ago, sussex said:

They normally hand out a blank form signed and stamped by the embassy to use at Trendy. Just fill in the required info and it is accepted.

• 1 month later...

Hello again. This time another family member has a new passport. Is there a time limit on when he has to go to immigration to transfer his stamps from old to new passport? New passport is ready, annual extension of stay is not due till mid-March - can he wait till then and do it all at once? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, sussex said:

Hello again. This time another family member has a new passport. Is there a time limit on when he has to go to immigration to transfer his stamps from old to new passport? New passport is ready, annual extension of stay is not due till mid-March - can he wait till then and do it all at once? Thanks.

There is no rule stating how soon you need to do the stamp transfers. He could wait until March if he wanted to.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sussex said:

Thanks both. Currently he has no re-entry permit. If for whatever reason he needed to do a trip out of Thailand before March, would he apply for the re-entry in the new or old passport?

He would apply for the re-entry with his new passport since the old one would be canceled already.

He could go to immigration and do the stamp transfer and re-entry permit at the same time.

• 5 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 7:30 AM, SooKee said:

Quick update on this.  Transferred my stamps to new passport at CW yesterday.  Bit more hassle than I thought it would be due to some running around because of admin errors but in short I ended up needing, in addition to both passports:

????What a mission! This used to be very straightforward 10 years back. My visa expires in November and my passport January 2023. The Embassy already clipped by passport edges so I cant leave the country. Can I then just simply wait until November and do the visa transfer and visa extension then? I am not going to get the bank book and bank letter again. I could just do it all one time. Is there a time limit to transfer the visa to the new passport - I understand from here there is no time limit? Still do my 90 days online with the old passport? 

Edited by aqua4

• 1 year later...

I will be doing this shortly in Chiang Rai.

Have everything as requested on the form, apart from the letter from the Australian Embassy.

Can anyone advise if it's just the application form and one copy of each or do you need duplicates of everything?

TIA.