Transfer stamp to new passport

Ubonjoe, I have a question, my retirement extension is up for renewal November 11, and my passport expires September 2021, so I am planning to get a new passport before renewal so I can get a full year extension. My question is should I get a new passport here in Bangkok, or if I am able  go back to Canada (if things have opened up by then) get it there, and when I returned to Thailand, would I show immigration both old passport (that's where the extension and reentry permit is) and the new passport, then go and do my extension renewal, or would it be easier to do new passport and extension before I leave Thailand. Thanks

17 minutes ago, dsj said:

Ubonjoe, I have a question, my retirement extension is up for renewal November 11, and my passport expires September 2021, so I am planning to get a new passport before renewal so I can get a full year extension. My question is should I get a new passport here in Bangkok, or if I am able  go back to Canada (if things have opened up by then) get it there, and when I returned to Thailand, would I show immigration both old passport (that's where the extension and reentry permit is) and the new passport, then go and do my extension renewal, or would it be easier to do new passport and extension before I leave Thailand. Thanks

Either way would be OK. 

If you get your passport in Canada you would show both passport to use your re-entry permit to enter the country and they would stamp you into the country in the new one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dsj said:

I got a new passport and just took it to immigration they give me a formto fill in and it took about 15 min and restamped my new passport. Then 2 months later i was renewing my extention. I took 2 lots of photo copy of old and new. When i got there they said no need for the old ine just the new one 

17 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

normally  your embassy gives you a letter, when you get your new passport

specific for immigration and the transfer

No the letter is given to you at Trendy House along with your new passport depending on nationality. I believe okkers get theirs from their embassy. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 2:45 PM, Bender Rodriguez said:

normally  your embassy gives you a letter, when you get your new passport

specific for immigration and the transfer

Canada Embassy doesn't give you a physical letter, they put a stamp into your old passport stating that you have gotten a new passport.1310239345_Oldpassport_1.thumb.png.24a5726285a253aa393cf7a1a3f079c0.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is the British Embassy Bangkok letter issued to ask Thai immigration to transfer the stamps from an old British passport to a new British passport.

( The serial number relating to my friends British passport has been removed ) 

Tom 

Embassy-Letter1.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Dragging this up seeing as it has the copy of the letter from the British Embassy.  At the bottom it states:

a) "he / she entered Thailand on........"

b) "and he / she was issued with...............................visa"

Is the info required at a) the last entry date into Thailand or the first entry on the visa initially issued?  At first I was inclined to write the last entry date but with the reference to the visa on the next line I'm not so sure.

At b) I'm guessing this means the original visa type, not the number?

As I only have the one letter I don't fancy getting it wrong and having to do a repeat trip to CW with another one!  I also considered leaving those questions blank and asking the IO, just wasn't sure if they'd expect the form to be completed fully given it's signed by the Vice Consul

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Most recent entry.

Whatever visa or re-entry permit you had when you did that entry.

Great thanks.  I'll just put the number of the Multiple Re-Entry permit number.  The original visa was Non-Imm (O) but that was years ago, Extensions and MREPs ever since.

7 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Great thanks.  I'll just put the number of the Multiple Re-Entry permit number.  The original visa was Non-Imm (O) but that was years ago, Extensions and MREPs ever since.

Would you please report back your experience.

BTW (you most likely know) if you need and photocopying  there is a print stall lower level where the banks are.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Would you please report back your experience.

BTW (you most likely know) if you need and photocopying  there is a print stall lower level where the banks are.

Yeah sure.  I've got the copies of the details pages, current extension, last entry / TM6 along with the Embassy letter and Immigration stamp transfer form, not planning to do all the previous extensions etc yet, if they ask I'll go down and do them.  I'm not planning to go until next month though, after Songkran, as I'll have a 90 day due around then which AFAIK needs to be done in person with a new passport, plus I need a Certificate of Residence to renew my driving licences, so the plan is to wrap all that up with one trip to CW and then MTT. Can't wait ????

Edited by SooKee

29 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Yeah sure.  I've got the copies of the details pages, current extension, last entry / TM6 along with the Embassy letter and Immigration stamp transfer form, not planning to do all the previous extensions etc yet, if they ask I'll go down and do them.  I'm not planning to go until next month though, after Songkran, as I'll have a 90 day due around then which AFAIK needs to be done in person with a new passport, plus I need a Certificate of Residence to renew my driving licences, so the plan is to wrap all that up with one trip to CW and then MTT. Can't wait ????

I can't advise on which stamps they wanted. I ended up photocopying all pages with annual extensions and reentry permits along with id pages, last arrival stamp,tm6 etc. I do recall them handing some back.

As far as the 90 report and RC both done at MTT...... I made a booking for the 90 report (worked well). After you have the report receipt you go back to queue desk and they give you a number. The good bit is RC desk does not have a queue. You go straight to that desk. (it's next to 90 report desk). The ONE hitch is that after obtaining the report receipt you need go downstairs to photo copy it. That can be busy unlike CW.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What threw me when I did this was they needed a copy of my original non-B visa - issued in 2005 when I first arrived in Thailand.  I've had annual Extensions of Stay since then.   Luckily I had my old passports with me.  

If you check your latest passport, you should find that the first transfer stamp relates to 1) your last passport (not arrival) number and 2) your initial arrival in country (date and visa type).

Assuming they couldn't read the on in your last passport.

I've found this stamp handy with the bank, when they try to check your passport against their records and find they don't match.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I've found this stamp handy with the bank, when they try to check your passport against their records and find they don't match.

The bank should of been on your list of places to go after you got a new passport to have your records updated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The bank should of been on your list of places to go after you got a new passport to have your records updated.

Definitely.  I have to do two banks, AIS and the driving licences (DLs I'll do once they resume renewal for foreigners as they both expire this month - so much for trying to tie everything up together, bloody Covid) but all that can wait until this latest Covid surge is under control, at least more than it is now.  I wouldn't even have gone and transferred the stamps in all honesty but I was due a 90 day so decided to get both done.  Trying to think if there's anything else, can't recall for instance if the motorbike log book is tied to my passport.

Edited by SooKee

16 minutes ago, JimGant said:

For stamp transfer to a new passport, can I send a surrogate (e.g., my wife or agent) to accomplish, same as for a 90 day report?

An agent might be able to arrange it.

But for somebody to do it for you it will require a valid reason for not being able to do it yourself. It is about the same as having somebody do your extension for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

An agent might be able to arrange it.

But for somebody to do it for you it will require a valid reason for not being able to do it yourself. It is about the same as having somebody do your extension for you.

Yes, I an agent can do it, as my agent did it for me last October.

• Thanks 1