Any news about visa after july 31??

3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

If the borders are not open they may extend it again......And What If They DON'T Joe ??

They will. During one of the many announcements about this it was reported that foreigners will have 30 days to leave after the borders are open and travel is more realistic. Relax. Other things to worry about... like why has China gone to full mobilisation in Beijing in one step on the back of 210 active cases in the entire country?  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, arfandy said:

There is a very big difference between giving advice and insulting someone when you cant exactly provide the answer to what was being asked (because like you bragged "you never overstay" hence you have no real life knowledge but google-answer).. You need learn the difference.

And YOU need to learn the difference between turning up at the Airport with a overstay and being CAUGHT on overstay!!

Anyone in the world can see what the punishments are for being caught on overstay by doing a quick Google search on the OFFICIAL Thai Government website

It is not me giving you the advice it is the Thai government 

Let's hope you get caught - you deserve it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

I bet you wished now you never started this fred now, you seem very flustered lol.

And why the drama about being infected? Covid has gone, man up and come out from behind your sofa.

I bet'cha Trump supporter with dissinfectant as covid vaccine. Let me guess, you are living solo life with nobody to care for, hence covid is nothing but a simple flu. 

No, i did not regret a single bit to start this thread except that i forgot we are still in June (i thought it was already July). It always nice to distinguish group of adults vs well...the likes of immature know-it-all.

In July, i'll write the same post again. Looking forward to see you there.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

And YOU need to learn the difference between turning up at the Airport with a overstay and being CAUGHT on overstay!!

Anyone in the world can see what the punishments are for being caught on overstay by doing a quick Google search on the OFFICIAL Thai Government website

It is best if you ANSWER what was asked, instead of telling me it was illegal and took it as opportunity to sound smart. 

Anyone with google and dial-up connection can figure out the punishment. I was asking the max penalty one has to pay at airport when before boarding. But well, i guess you have no clue.

(Ps. Someone mentioned 20k baht of max overstay payment)

Let me know if you need my current address and phone number. You might need it to send someone to pick an overstayer during covid pandemi.. i think i might have covid.. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

" is not me giving you the advice it is the Thai government". 

i did not know you are Thai government officer. Oh well, i hope you understand the punishment for impersonating Thai government officer.

For the record, today is still June. This post shouldnt have existed yet until the late of July. It was my mistake to confuse June as July. 

I'll do my best to rephrase the question as specific as possible, next month. Hope to see you there.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, arfandy said:

Anyone with google and dial-up connection can figure out the punishment. I was asking the max penalty one has to pay at airport when before boarding. But well, i guess you have no clue.

(Ps. Someone mentioned 20k baht of max overstay payment)

20k per adult 

kids not charged

normally banned asper regulation dont know or care about this tiresome new normal

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

My advice is: don't panic. Surely the government won't say: sorry, the amnesty won't be extended even though no land borders are open and there are only a few limited flights out and the only country you can travel to is your own (as is the case right now).

They extended the amnesty once, I'm sure they'll extend it again if the circumstances at that time warrant it. Based on the current information, it is not looking likely that land borders with neighboring countries will re-open for general travel prior to July 31. This is based not only on what Thailand is doing, but what the neighboring countries are.

You have just under 6 weeks left to figure out what to do. Stay put until around mid-July, by which time we should know where this is heading. Don't overstay beyond the end of the amnesty. Granted, I don't think you'll need to anyway. By the time the amnesty is over, borders should have re-opened (as I said, I believe the current amnesty will be extended, probably by 1-2 months).

The problem is ..if you read news articles, the amnesty was extended so that possible Covid infected foreigners don't flood immigration offices, not because borders were closed.

See: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/04/22/govt-extends-foreigners-stay-to-july-31-halts-90-day-report/

“If we don’t extend permission to stay, foreigners would have to come to see immigration officers. It would cause overcrowding and risk of infection.”

That is not a concern right now anymore.

2 hours ago, drbeach said:

My advice is: don't panic. Surely the government won't say: sorry, the amnesty won't be extended even though no land borders are open and there are only a few limited flights out and the only country you can travel to is your own (as is the case right now).

They extended the amnesty once, I'm sure they'll extend it again if the circumstances at that time warrant it. Based on the current information, it is not looking likely that land borders with neighboring countries will re-open for general travel prior to July 31. This is based not only on what Thailand is doing, but what the neighboring countries are.

You have just under 6 weeks left to figure out what to do. Stay put until around mid-July, by which time we should know where this is heading. Don't overstay beyond the end of the amnesty. Granted, I don't think you'll need to anyway. By the time the amnesty is over, borders should have re-opened (as I said, I believe the current amnesty will be extended, probably by 1-2 months).

I advise you to make no assumptions about an amnesty extension just because it would be convenient for some of the foreigners here. While you may get your wish, there are plenty in authority who take the view that

• those who do not qualify for extensions of their permission to stay should leave; and
  • if return to their home country is, for some reason, impossible, a letter from your embassy confirming this is provided to get a special extension, possibly with evidence (such as cancelled flight booking) as additional evidence.

This is a worst case scenario, but a very real possibility.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In the actual ministerial notice it does not actually say that. That was the opinion of one person.

It was mostly a way to allow people to stay due to the borders being closed. People could not leave the country so there was no way them to legally stay longer.

Thank you for clarifying that!

19 hours ago, BritTim said:

I advise you to make no assumptions about an amnesty extension just because it would be convenient for some of the foreigners here. While you may get your wish, there are plenty in authority who take the view that

• those who do not qualify for extensions of their permission to stay should leave; and
  • if return to their home country is, for some reason, impossible, a letter from your embassy confirming this is provided to get a special extension, possibly with evidence (such as cancelled flight booking) as additional evidence.

This is a worst case scenario, but a very real possibility.

I know what you're saying, but I think they would be putting some of us in major difficulty if by that time, borders haven't re-opened and flights remain limited. I don't consider Cambodia's US$3000 coronavirus deal an indication of their borders being open to us, but more of a polite: "please don't come".

For starters, I'm quite sure land borders are out. Secondly, there are no flights between Thailand and Cambodia right now. You'd have to transit in Seoul and get in via an Asiana or Korean airlines flight, one of the very few operating to Phnom Penh at the moment.

THAI Airways is on the fritz and who knows if they'll get back to offering flights? This makes it even more difficult to leave, as that airline normally accounts for a significant amount of the flight capacity into/out of the country.

Let's hope sanity will prevail as we head closer to the amnesty deadline. Of course, as long as some borders are open by July 31 and re-entry into Thailand remains smooth (for existing visa holders) there would be no need to extend it, but I feel this date is very random, since I understand that border pass holders from neighboring countries have been granted an indefinite extension until the borders re-open and then have 7 days to leave. Not quite sure what their definition of borders "re-opening" means, but as I understand it, Cambodians, Laotians, Malaysians and Burmese can already head home by land, if they choose. They may need to seek approval through their embassy first though, but it's very easy for them compared to those of us who come from countries on the other side of the world.

Finally, I understand the work permits of these migrants were extended automatically until November. Why do they get until November and we only get until July 31? I don't mean to troll, but is it because we have the wrong skin color? I just don't get the rationale. Why not make rules that apply equally to ALL foreigners? What's so special about Burmese and Cambodians?

• Haha 1