Guide me please, need mobile Internet for home users

arfandy

16 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Unlimited 4 Mbps & 10 Mbps promos are back.

200 baht per month for 4 Mbps

250 baht per month for 10 Mbps

Unlimited calls of 15 minutes duration for another 50 baht per month.

Maybe a crazy question which will reveal my total ignorance in these matters.

> Would it be possible to buy such a new SIM and change it to the present telephone number I have with dTac?

If not possible, that would be the major hurdle for me to switch from my present dTac 4Mbps unlimited data package (720 THB/month) to a cheaper one, as I would have to contact everyone that my number changed...

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Maybe a crazy question which will reveal my total ignorance in these matters.

> Would it be possible to buy such a new SIM and change it to the present telephone number I have with dTac?

If not possible, that would be the major hurdle for me to switch from my present dTac 4Mbps unlimited data package (720 THB/month) to a cheaper one, as I would have to contact everyone that my number changed...

You can do it in a different way. You can move your number to Truemove H or AIS, taking advantage of the offer that way. You just cannot move your number to the same network....But perhaps if you speak to someone at the call centre or service centre to tell them that you want to take advantage of the new SIM promo of 10 Mbps for 250 baht per month, but the only way you can do it is to port your number over to another network, they may find a way to do it.

Otherwise, they will simply lose a customer and be getting 0 baht per month.

Be nice about it, as if you really want to stay with DTAC, but if they cannot you will have to move to AIS/Truemove H.

Though be aware that the package only lasts for six months. So in six months you'll be back to square one.

If you've had your current SIM for more than a year. Registered before the 1st of March last year, you may be eligible for a 90 day package of unlimited 4 Mbps for 1284 baht(428 per month). So a decent saving without having to do anything. Unlimited 10 Mbps also available for 1926 baht(642 baht per month) for 90 days.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

You can do it in a different way. Y

If you've had your current SIM for more than a year. Registered before the 1st of March last year, you may be eligible for a 90 day package of unlimited 4 Mbps for 1284 baht(428 per month). So a decent saving without having to do anything. Unlimited 10 Mbps also available for 1926 baht(642 baht per month) for 90 days.

Many thanks!  This is clear and easily understandable advice for a mobile phone ignoramus like myself!

I will look into first option and contact a dTac service center, and if it that doesn't work out the 90-day package would also be a significant saving.

Thanks again.

16 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I'm assuming this is AIS....where does one find these offers and how to partake. I do not see it on my AIS on top app...please and thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Many thanks!  This is clear and easily understandable advice for a mobile phone ignoramus like myself!

I will look into first option and contact a dTac service center, and if it that doesn't work out the 90-day package would also be a significant saving.

Thanks again.

Be careful of the first offer if you are here long term, as if DTAC renew your SIM as if it is a new SIM, you may no longer be eligible for the 90 day packages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, Eindhoven said:

Where do you find these promos? My current DTAC app doesnt show such promos but still with usual 512Kbps unlimited for 300 baht sth.

• Haha 1

forum.thaivisa_com.png.4ec922bc2e65fa83fdba21a799744a18.png

There is your answer. I read your post before I signed in. On signing in I noticed that I have previously put you on ignore for one reason or another. So it will be my last reply to you on the subject.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 1

There ya go. 699 unlimited data full speed (usually 130mbps). Of course depends on your coverage. Finn Mobile uses DTAC network. Order sim online. Cancel anytime. 

Screenshot_2020-07-06-22-12-11-074_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, Eindhoven said:

Thank you ! so great, but what is the code to use ?

do we need to install AIS application on a phone with new sim card to see the promotion ? or do we have to use #* codes as usual ? (still on new sim card, I understand)

And after 6 months we need to change the sim card as the promotion will end with the current sim card ?

thanks again.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, samtab said:

Thank you ! so great, but what is the code to use ?

do we need to install AIS application on a phone with new sim card to see the promotion ? or do we have to use #* codes as usual ? (still on new sim card, I understand)

And after 6 months we need to change the sim card as the promotion will end with the current sim card ?

thanks again.

Codes available from the service centre or SIM card distributor I imagine. I don't post codes here anymore. Too many who like to argue and demand.

It auto-renews for six months. After that, it's up to you. I don't have a problem in scrapping SIMs as I don't use them for their phone numbers, but just data.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Codes available from the service centre or SIM card distributor I imagine. I don't post codes here anymore. Too many who like to argue and demand.

It auto-renews for six months. After that, it's up to you. I don't have a problem in scrapping SIMs as I don't use them for their phone numbers, but just data.

Please ? why posting anything if you do not post the codes ? seems so useless. just ignore the idiots, they will never improve !

cods are not on AIS 12call facebook page this time, so where online ? thank you.

2 hours ago, samtab said:

Please ? why posting anything if you do not post the codes ? seems so useless. just ignore the idiots, they will never improve !

cods are not on AIS 12call facebook page this time, so where online ? thank you.

You know about it, where you didn't before. I told you that the service centres and SIM distributors should know. 

I 'ignore' the "idiots" by not posting the codes for them. 

Letting you know about them at least gives you a head-start. Seems that is not enough for you.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 4:26 PM, Eindhoven said:

You know about it, where you didn't before. I told you that the service centres and SIM distributors should know. 

I 'ignore' the "idiots" by not posting the codes for them. 

Letting you know about them at least gives you a head-start. Seems that is not enough for you.

so please send me a PM :-)

I must be the biggest idiot of all. Not a clue what yer rantin on about. I buy Phones, an App;e I Pad thing. Chap comes and connects P.C.s up.. Get in the Car everything works perfect, same at home. Codes ?. Never heard of them either. Neither have any of the other normal Folk in the Office.????