Do all the people allowed to stay till July 30th need to do the 90 days report?

Good morning,

I am one of that thousand that are allowed to stay in Thailand till July 30th (Due to Covid) Because my visa expired after March 26th.  My question is related to this.

Do we need to do the 90 days report or we are covered till July 30th?

Please help, as many are in my situation, I would like to know what to do.

Thank you so much for your kindness

Siddharta

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reports are not required until after July 31st.

If the amnesty is not extended you will have to leave the country on or before July 31st unless you qualify for an extension.

Hi Joe ,

I was supposed to have done a 90 day border run on June 8th , based on my non o visa  from my UK state retirement pension . That would have given me another 90 days . 

Have you any idea if 1/  I will still be able to do a border run when/if they reopen in the near future or will that be defunct  2/ to give me some time , could I do a quick border run ( if open ) and get a 15 day tourist visa that may be extended for 60 days ?

In the back of my mind is I am not a tourist as I have been here too often and IO have refused entry to guys for those reasons . Of course there is the $100k insurance , have you got a crystal ball ? 

3 minutes ago, superal said:

I was supposed to have done a 90 day border run on June 8th , based on my non o visa  from my UK state retirement pension . That would have given me another 90 days . 

Have you any idea if 1/  I will still be able to do a border run when/if they reopen in the near future or will that be defunct  2/ to give me some time , could I do a quick border run ( if open ) and get a 15 day tourist visa that may be extended for 60 days ?

In the back of my mind is I am not a tourist as I have been here too often and IO have refused entry to guys for those reasons . Of course there is the $100k insurance , have you got a crystal ball ? 

You would get another 90 day entry if your visa has not expired if you could leave and re-enter the country.

There is no 15 day tourist visa. If you are from a country that qualifies for it you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry by land or air that can be extended for 30 days.

I don't think you would have a problem getting a visa exempt entry since your previous entries were from a non-o visa,

I cannot predict what will be needed when the border open again.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reports are not required until after July 31st.

If the amnesty is not extended you will have to leave the country on or before July 31st unless you qualify for an extension.

But get the feeling very few people know this, or believe they will be required to do so on that specific date if they do not do now.  Did my one year retirement extension of stay today at Chiang Wattana and intended to do 90 day report that was due in May to get back on track.  Queue number was 207 at 1028 with more than 85 still in queue.  As my retirement extension number was low 4 digits this year (low five digits last year) not sure why so many trying to do 90 day report unless those that were automatically extended.

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But get the feeling very few people know this, or believe they will be required to do so on that specific date if they do not do now.  Did my one year retirement extension of stay today at Chiang Wattana and intended to do 90 day report that was due in May to get back on track.  Queue number was 207 at 1028 with more than 85 still in queue.  As my retirement extension number was low 4 digits this year (low five digits last year) not sure why so many trying to do 90 day report unless those that were automatically extended.

There are a lot of worriers and they still think they might have a problem with immigration when the amnesty is lifted and they haven't done a 90 days report since the amnesty kicked in. If you want to do it,do it online instead. If the app doesn't work,try the website. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There are a lot of worriers and they still think they might have a problem with immigration when the amnesty is lifted and they haven't done a 90 days report since the amnesty kicked in. If you want to do it,do it online instead. If the app doesn't work,try the website. 

My last arrival was in 2003 so online is not an option.  Mail normally works but need a due date for that and at this time there is none.  Was not expecting anyone doing 90 day reports at this time but instead found more than normal.  

20 hours ago, Siddharta said:

Thank you very much @UbonJoe I appreciate

I was at Pattaya Immigration today 17th and it was halve full at 11 o clock to do 90 day reporting on retirement visa. Had 10 numbers waiting bevor me but was done in 20 minutes. I went out of curiosity to see how busy it was.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:42 PM, Max69xl said:

For WP renewal, they need to do 90 days reporting. Maybe that has been the case. 

12 minutes ago, Acrylic said:

For WP renewal, they need to do 90 days reporting. Maybe that has been the case. 

Ninety day reports have nothing to do with work permits issued by the Labor Ministry. Only immigration is concerned with them.