Adverts On Local Tv. Aren't They Awful?

Luckydog

Which one is worse, my god what a choice...

Its not so much the quality, its the frequency as well,

slim pattaya, moon river pub, differ, all with that annoying voice over

who the hel_l is he anyway? he exclaims everything he says :o

Howard is his name and he is one of the owners of Pattaya City News I am told.

Thank goodness I am not the ONLY one who hates those bluddy UPWARD inflections....

But what about the SPEEEEED of his delivery? Only get every other word.

The fact that Crazy Dave's adverts are so memorable means they are very effective in my book, no matter how annoying they may be to some members.

The thing I find most annoying is the repititiousness of the ads and features. It's nice watching movies without commercial interruptions, but the breaks between movies seems to drag on forever.

It seems that every break features the same commercials over and over again. Same for the Wine & Dine and Business Matters features.

Split them up a bit. Rotate the features so that we don't get bored with viewing the same ones repeatedly for a week (or more) on end. Use some different voices for the commercials. Make a couple different versions of the commercials and rotate those.

(I know, these things take time and cost money, but the upside is you may gain a wider viewing audience, or at least the current audience would be less likely to simply "tune-out" the current fare.)

You are SO right, and is it good advertising for the same voice that has been reading the News to go on reading the advertising copy?

The moon river pub in Pattaya!

Top International Bands!

Be your own Bar tender!

OR

The Moon River Pub in Pattaya!

Over-inflated prices!

Obnoxious Germans!

Pretentious Atmosphere!

Hi-So Bangkokians!

heyheyhey.... :o

:D

so true they are as bad as the rude russians

The moon river pub in Pattaya!

Top International Bands!

Be your own Bar tender!

OR

The Moon River Pub in Pattaya!

Over-inflated prices!

Obnoxious Germans!

Pretentious Atmosphere!

Hi-So Bangkokians!

The Moon River Pub? My sister and her large family were turned away from this dump just because the youngest member of her family was 17 years old. Yes, I know the law here restricts entry to a "pub" for anyone under 20 years old but they have the impertinence to advertise the place as "where families never get bored" and "where families love to meet". As you say Helicopter...... "over-inflated, obnoxious and pretentious". Those self-important "Hi-So Bangkokians" are welcome to it!

So, they travelled to "The Kilkenny" in Walking Street and had a great welcome there.

The Pattaya business adverts are bad, but not that much more than many local area ones. The worst has to be for the eco hot water heating thing where all the colours are shot and the womans face is blue! :o

That is just the total lazyness. Don't even source an advert in the correct tv format, just play one you have ripped off american tv.

he he yeah a bit of competition in the Pattaya voiceover market wouldn't go a miss either ;-)

Did you ever put a bit of string between two Cocoa tins as a child and speak to a kid on the other end?

Well, I have just watched an advert for some English School and the sound quality of the voice over was just like that.....unbelieveable in this Day and Hi-Fi age......

Thank God for that great invention 'The Remote Control'......