I’m sitting in the Pub right now and all I can say is....

WineOh

You've missed the epicenter since you don't know where it is. Wander around a bit more, you might somehow hit it at random. Lots of attractive girls, esp on the weekend, nothing boarded up. Best burgers, too.

Yawn.

• Like 1

Yea completely flattened is Pattaya, but with the borders closed I guess it will be fairly empty, although you would have to wonder where the esteemed farang residents are , like your good self??

As for the jeans and bags they are probably snides..

Edited by Keyser Soze666
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan said:

i am sat in the epicenter of the so called Tourism hot spot of Thailand.

been sat here since noon and not a single other farang has walked past.

What else would you expect during a the Covid-19 restrictions in which no tourists can enter the country and you choose a venue that cannot sell the only thing it's customers, in the main, want it to sell?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

As I'm an expat who doesn't rely on a business in Thailand, I'm absolutely loving it. Hardly any traffic on the roads and peace and quiet.  

It's great isn't it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

OP have you been watching the news recently? the world has been in, and is hopefully, now coming out of a global pandemic. while some countries are slowly getting their tourist industry back it is hardly surprising there are not many tourists in thailand or anywhere else in the world. add to that thailand has been particularly strict on who can enter the country. maybe you should spend some time looking at what's going on in the world rather than sitting around looking for tourists and at sex workers.

The current pandemic is just the Entree the main course and desert are yet to come.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Oh dear. So who do you think closed the airports?

I think that this was the intent of the comment to which you have responded:

Examples of Sarcasm

Sarcasm is an ironic or satirical remark tempered by humor. Mainly, people use it to say the opposite of what's true to make someone look or feel foolish.

Most native Anglophones (unless they are Mid-West Americans or have Aspergers Syndrome) get it, even when presented "baldly" in print and thus without the facial/tonal nuances that make it so effective when "played live".

Edited by Enoon