Thai's not paying bills or leaving it to the very last minute?

Keyser Soze666

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

OP not only your family wait until the very last minute, it is very common here.

Recently i gave my wife money to pay for the internet, on her arrival home, i said you pay the internet, no it is not due for 3 days.... What it needs paying, why wait till the last day, what if for some reason you cannot get there on the last day, no problem they not cut for a few days.????

Sure. But at least she/you are paying month by month still. it's actually a month at least b4 they cut you off fyi.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Pay the bills yourself. I do all from my Bkk Bank App, lekky, water, 3BB, AIS top up and spending money for her. Never been cut off.

I do pay the bills myself, or I'd be sitting here with no electric or water. The only one she pays is her True Move bill. I should have made that more clear tbf. Then there is her sister, although admittedly that would never normally effect me, but it still supports the argument.

Edited by Keyser Soze666

Just now, Lacessit said:

Not just Thailand, plenty of people elsewhere do the same. A former GF of mine in Australia was quite incredulous I paid all my bills as soon as I got them. I explained I could then forget about them, never had to stress about an unpaid bill.

My Thai GF is pretty good at paying her bills on time with my money.

I think they cut you off earlier in the west for unpaid bills, think they are very fair here, probably know what Thai's are like ????

Yea, well my one still don't pay her only bill with my money.

18 minutes ago, colinneil said:

OP not only your family wait until the very last minute, it is very common here.

Recently i gave my wife money to pay for the internet, on her arrival home, i said you pay the internet, no it is not due for 3 days.... What it needs paying, why wait till the last day, what if for some reason you cannot get there on the last day, no problem they not cut for a few days.????

Your wife was right!

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Sure. But at least she/you are paying month by month still. it's actually a month at least b4 they cut you off fyi.

Not with the internet!  True will cut after about 5 days overdue; which internet company allows a month past due date without cutting service?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Please tell us all how you come to that conclusion.

Certainly, personal experience. 

An overdue internet bill from True, for example, doesn't result in instant cancellation of the service, they wait a few days and then, if you call them, they will usually reconnect for another three days to allow you time to get the bill paid.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Not with the internet!  True will cut after about 5 days overdue; which internet company allows a month past due date without cutting service?

Sorry, but that simply is not true (no pun intended) at all. I have True internet and they allow you to go at least a month overdue. I know this as a stone cold hard fact, so let's not go there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Certainly.  Personal experience.  An overdue internet bill from True, for example, doesn't result in instant cancellation of the service, they wait a few days and then, if you call them, they will usually reconnect for another three days to allow you time to get the bill paid.

Which can be done INSTANTLY on the phone you just called them on via the internet, so why need three more days?   PML

42 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

So, is this just another 'Thai thing' do they miraculously think these debts may just go away if ignored?

They took my water meter away last year.

Misses had been given money, but didn't pay it (even though on her phone app).

Said I'd leave if the utilities were cut again. She hasn't dared forget a bill since.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Forgetting to pay the lekky bill where I live you only do it once unless you are a complete idiot, you have to drive to phuket town get a ticket sit behind 500 other people.

Same everywhere, the 7 eleven's can't accept them after the due date. same with water.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I don't need three more days, I'm just telling you what True offers it's customers as you did ask.  Seems as though my reply that backed-up my claim wasn't to your liking.

I did not ask anything about True, and most of your replies are not to my liking anyway. Ignore list!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1