Thai's not paying bills or leaving it to the very last minute?

Keyser Soze666

Simples......just have everything on direct debit or arranged through the bank on a certain day. Can’t be doing with all the running around paying individual bills and remembering when they are due.

• Like 1

Talking about bill paying, i have just tried to pay my pea only to be told no, no, cannot domonday only. with lots of waving at the computors and waving of hands at me. so social spacing out of thre window and get the whole town together at pea.

19 hours ago, tifino said:

How much @Keyser Soze666 would have instead cost you to pack your bags and, for the remainder of your stay - sit online 24/7 in an Internet cafe back in town? 

You mean there are still internet cafes around? There are none left in my town when there used to be two.

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Look at it this way. 

On Wednesday you and the missus go and look at a truck to buy.  On Thursday you find the one you want, and make plans to go on Monday to buy it.  On Friday night while walking to get the family some food, you get wacked by a vehicle that looses control and runs up on the sidewalk, nearly killing you, before fleeing.  Your taken to the hospital and in the ICU where your told that you need extensive surgery which will deplete the money needed for the new truck.  The missus comes to visit and her only concern is "We still go on Monday to buy the truck, yes", you answer that there is no way you can go and buy the new Truck because you need the money for surgery, and you are also in a body cast and cannot not move.  The missus looks at you and says "You promised on Monday we go to buy a new truck, now you tell me No", "You are a liar and I no love you no more".  Look at where her priorities are...

Fact or fiction?  Thai's always need money for something else and no matter what bill is due, they have always kicked the can down the road.  My ex-wifes family always stopped paying certain bills for 2 to 3 months before we returned for our annual visit.  Why, because they knew I would have to pay them or else....glad I am no longer married to a Thai woman.

and you think all Thai women and their family are like that?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

'Oh, no wifi, not pay bill for 3 months'

obviously it is not of much import to them... my family in the village does not place any value on wifi but I would not hold it against them. 

Otherwise, I would guess they pay bills as they come in, mostly... 

22 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

So, is this just another 'Thai thing' 

I don't find it to be so, but i really never inquire if people's debts are paid... I am sure in the West it is not uncommon to postpone paying bills for as long as they can.. 

7 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Youre unlucky then. Since these idiots stopped theTV App, i cant post a pic of my True App messages that are longer than the Gettysburg Address..Needles to say there in Thai, so the Old Handbrake reads em and pays by BKB app..

What?

22 hours ago, couchpotato said:
On 6/17/2020 at 3:55 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

Certainly, personal experience. 

An overdue internet bill from True, for example, doesn't result in instant cancellation of the service, they wait a few days and then, if you call them, they will usually reconnect for another three days to allow you time to get the bill paid.

Yes we all know that is the case with most bills, but why go thru the hassle--just pay on time or a few days before.. then no hassles.

I do, generally, I just over-looked it once, I'm not quite prefect yet.

On 6/18/2020 at 1:13 PM, Gillyflower said:

I don't pay one single bill myself.  It all goes through the bank who do the necessary every month on the due date.  I just counted, there are 8 monthly bills.  They even transfer money to another bank for me.

What bank/service do you use?  It easy to pay bills here online but would be even better to have auto bill pay. How do they get say your electric bill?

Some of the providers give you a discount, like two months free service, if you pay for a year in advance.  I try to do this if possible, but the downside is that often you don't get a reminder when the year is up, so I have to keep a log to remind myself when to go back to the phone, internet, etc company and pay for another year.

4 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Some of the providers give you a discount, like two months free service, if you pay for a year in advance.  I try to do this if possible, but the downside is that often you don't get a reminder when the year is up, so I have to keep a log to remind myself when to go back to the phone, internet, etc company and pay for another year.

I usually pay my TOT bill ahead a number of months. I pay 10,000 Baht and the bill comes with a balance. I now pay most bills with K+ so I may see if that works. Generally, I pay as soon as the bill arrives so I don't forget. The money is in the bank so why not pay. 

It's harder for those who get paid daily or weekly though.

My wife often 'forgets' to pay bills. My wife bought me a new contract phone in March ....... already been call barred twice because she hadn't paid! But she expects to get the house keeping money well in advance ....

• Like 1

my wife runs the cars down till they are on empty with the flashing light telling you to put fuel in them and has even run out, have explained to her numerous times that they start to suck up any <deleted> in the bottom of the tank when you let them get that low but she keeps doing it, I dont let them go below a 1/4 tank before filling them. Convinced it is a thai thing as they seem to avoid paying out any money if they can put it off

Edited by seajae