Americans won't be in any travel bubble agreements anytime soon!

Jingthing

52 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I believe the US is more disliked now then any time in recent history.

Probably hated by many.

I do not see anyone stuck there now coming back to Thailand before the end of the year.

Disliked even more than China??

• Like 2

don't worry about the reports of proposed bubbles, wait until you see the actual wording of the regulations, and get confirmation from embassies as to how they will issue visas.

don't worry until we start getting reports of rouge immigration officials at dmk/bkk refusing entry despite covid19 tests and valid visas.....and whatever other documents are required in the future.

consider this here announcement about vietnam's travel hubble mentioning foreign visitors from, not citizens of:

Vietnam to Ease Travel Restrictions for China, South Korea & Japan

June 19, 2020

On Thursday (June 18), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that Vietnam is looking to ease the restrictions on entry of foreign visitors from China, South Korea and Japan into the country.

https://www.aseantravelnews.com/2020/06/19/vietnam-ease-travel-restrictions-china-south-korea-japan/

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It isn't. [total krap]

https://digg.com/2020/the-trajectory-of-covid-19-cases-in-the-us-compared-to-other-countries-visualized

Despite Vice President Mike Pence's rosy outlook on the coronavirus pandemic, record-setting spikes in states across the west and south of the United States (Arizona, Florida, Texas) are keeping the case counts in the country worryingly steady.  ///

Thanks. Interesting link,

and a rather frightening graph :

daily-covid-cases-3-day-average-2048x144

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, andy said:

My fear is that all logic will go out the window and countries will make the rules solely based on what passport you hold it .  Not a great time to be an expat with a US passport then.  Anyone know if Cambodia still offers citizenship by cash deposit investment?

Not sure that it's so illogical for bubble deal countries to keep it simple that way.

Here's another example. 

In a hypothetical Thailand Vietnam bubble supposing an American expat here could travel to Vietnam and be seen as in the bubble. I don't believe that would be the case but just for discussion. 

So you finish your Vietnamese holiday and then what? Worry that Thailand will honor the bubble with your American passport? 

Seems very risky. 

How has the US handled the fake virus hoax please tell me. Thailand how have they handled this plandemic they've hurt many people I hope people in Thailand remember those politicians making  political decisions come election time 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am in Florida, what are my chances :tongue: image.png.4adf113f13cff5977d4e82c285d2ed62.png

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor

Plan B is to get a European passport. I am working on it. 

The reality is that Thailand isn't the exotic destination as it was in the past. Your basic flight from JFK to Bangkok is 21 hours in the air. Peolpe are not ready to do that as if yet, and more importantly if I want a destination that I will get the best bang for my buck, I'm heading to Vietnam. 

16 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am in Florida, what are my chances :tongue: image.png.4adf113f13cff5977d4e82c285d2ed62.png

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor

Plan B is to get a European passport. I am working on it. 

For just over 77,000 GBP you can acquire citizenship in Saint Lucia.   Not a bad  deal for someone in need of one.

https://www.businessinsider.com/countries-where-you-can-buy-citizenship-residency-or-passport-2018-9

15 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I really would laugh if the US opening the travel bubble started with mexico.

Well that would be a sickness bubble based on both countries current situations. But you're right it would be funny wall-wise. But practically both countries are already joined at the hip and there are millions of Americans living in Mexico. 

5 minutes ago, Morty T said:

The reality is that Thailand isn't the exotic destination as it was in the past. Your basic flight from JFK to Bangkok is 21 hours in the air. Peolpe are not ready to do that as if yet, and more importantly if I want a destination that I will get the best bang for my buck, I'm heading to Vietnam. 

You are allowed to travel to Vietnam now? 

On 6/17/2020 at 6:33 PM, Traubert said:

I know Americans that have never stopped travelling regularly throughout the last 3 months, no restrictions.

You mean to the grocery store and back home.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, andy said:

For me the whole idea of creating a travel "bubble" means those who are established in that bubble should be included in the travel agreements, even if they hold a passport from outside the bubble.  Some might argue what "established" means, but if you are an expat with some sort of non-tourist visa you should qualify.  It's not really a travel bubble if you have to worry about being allowed to travel within the bubble just because of your passport.

I've seen this discussed on news sources and sorry I don't have any links but the gist of what I've read is that passport based is more likely because there is a concern that people would scam and leapfrog otherwise. What you're suggesting is more complicated and would require buy in from both countries in changing the status of the non passport people.. 

And really why would they bother for a small number of exceptions also considering the bubble world will only likely exist for 2 or 3 years max anyway? 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well that would be a sickness bubble based on both countries current situations. But you're right it would be funny wall-wise. But practically both countries are already joined at the hip and there are millions of Americans living in Mexico. 

Not to mention more millions of Mexicans living in the USA

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The virus is real. 

It is not fake. 

It is not a plandemic. 

It is pandemic. 

Yes all countries have paid an economic price for public health measures. 

But at least Thailand appears to have actually succeeded in controlling the virus. 

So they got a real return for the cost. 

The virus is apolitical.

The virus is absolutely real. Calling it a hoax is just foolish.

On the other hand, the belief that it can be contained or that it merits the kind of prevention measures we have assigned to it is very much open to debate.   The action taken against this virus is wholly political.

Herd immunity is the only thing that we can all say with 100% certainty will work. There is no guarantee that economic evisceration and upheaval we have wrought by these global lockdowns will ultimately be of any value. They were only supposed to spread the curve. Lowering the R value below 1 was never the objective. And it was very inappropriate for the global leaders to shift the goalposts like this without consulting the rest of us as to what our values were and what we wanted.

The fact that you agree with those in charge does not make you right. And the fact that many of us disagree with those in charge does not make the virus itself a hoax.

This pandemic will be a rich source of sociology PhD's for decades into the future.

• Like 1