International Driving License - online reservation ??

Jen65

My IDP expired in May so decided to renew (just before the Covid pandemic shut down )  .I obtained the Residence Certificate and had all the documents but when I went to Chonburi they informed me they had just stopped issuing licenses and to come back when they resumed !!   I did so today but because a)my residence certificate date had passed the 1 month validity they said I needed a new one !!  I said I had already paid for that and had all the correct documents when I attended before and it was not my fault that they were unable to issue the new IDP !! Also they said I would have to make an appointment/reservation online via DLT website or App .

I will now have to spent the best part of a morning or afternoon going to immigration , applying and paying again for another residence certificate then wait the normal 2 or 3 hours and come back to obtain same .   I just tried to find out where I book an appointment / reservation online but there is NIL / NOTHING /ZILCH about booking an appoinment on the DLT Chonburi Website (only booking for car inspection !!)  . I can find NOTHING when doing a search for IDP / License booking for DLT !!!   

Is Thailand really in the 21st Century ???   Can't believe that Thailand can not intitute all this licence / plate / insurance / tax in to a government online portal where you enter your details / application and get the necessary documents by email or post !!!  They just love wasting people's time !!

Anybody know where to find the online booking / reservation system for DLT IDP application ????   ( Even in this forum it is still saying that DLT are not issuing licenses due to Covid - but that is NOT the case as the issue of licenses has resumed although by appointment )      

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

That's who issues Thai international driving permits, the FIA?  Are you sure?

Not sure about website just trying to help.

I never have needed a IDP wherever l've been with my UK DL.

If I go UK with my Thai DL I don't need a IDP.

Hope you can sort your DL problems out.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:
4 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

That's who issues Thai international driving permits, the FIA?  Are you sure?

Not sure about website just trying to help.

I never have needed a IDP wherever l've been with my UK DL.

If I go UK with my Thai DL I don't need a IDP.

Hope you can sort your DL problems out.

I appreciate that you were trying to help but the FIA does not issue Thai IDPs.

I haven't got any problems to sort out, I've got my IDP, it's the OP that started the thread, not me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I haven't got any problems to sort out, I've got my IDP, it's the OP that started the thread, not me.

So why not help OP I don't need a IDP the OP does for some reason.

12 hours ago, Kwasaki said:
14 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

So why not help OP I don't need a IDP the OP does for some reason.

My responding to your post suggesting where he should go for the IDP appointment, that was 100% inaccurate, did help the OP!

On 6/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, Jen65 said:

Is Thailand really in the 21st Century ?

No

On 6/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, Jen65 said:

They just love wasting people's time !

Yes

Last time I renewed my Driving license, They made me come back and do a new Residence Certificate again because the month of validity of the Certificate had expired ...Only for 2 days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...