Trump signs bill pressuring China over Uighur Muslim crackdown

webfact

1 hour ago, Upstate said:

Hypocrytes doesn`t even begin to describe them.

then why is trump suing for executive privilege. He cannot do that if it isnt true.

So lets just put that to rest. Who where u before?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JCauto said:

You appear to misunderstand the discussion - nobody is saying that we should be quiet about such atrocities or that they should continue. 

We are pointing out that, according to the book by John Bolton who was the National Security Advisor at the time, Trump gave President Xi of China carte blanche to open the concentration camps and even said to them that "it was a good idea". It's hard to take the resolution seriously when the timing is so...remarkably coincidental to be released the same day as Bolton's book allegations.

As to your last sentence, there has been no evidence published that I'm aware of that places the camps anywhere near the category of the Nazi Concentration Camps which as you may know included gas chambers and crematoriums for the victims among other features. You need to get some perspective and understand that you weaken the force of your argument by being too hyperbolic. It just makes your points easier to dismiss.

Quite possible that I misunderstood. The OP is about the bill pressuring China over the Uighur concentration camps. I don’t care about the bickering theater with Bolton and Trump. I however care about the organized atrocities of a bully such as the CCP committed on millions of humans.

I don’t even like the muslim religion, however what is happening in these concentration camps is wrong and evil and has absolutely no justification.

I also think that what Saudi Arabia and the US are doing in Yemen is bad and a terrible atrocity too, and the world should stop it.

And about the Nazis and concentration camps, you might have heard about the experiments of Josef Mengele in the Nazi concentration camps? The Uighur in the CCP concentration camps are also subjected to medical experiments. (Please see the reports of the survivors of such camps.)

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TPI said:

Why on earth would trump encourage China to imprison a minority Muslim group? John Bolton is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's not stupid, look how many books he will sell now!!

Because he was trying to negotiate a deal with them and it didn't cost him anything to let them know he could care less about the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sujo said:

well to be honest yes mideast muslims are bad. Especially the salafist types. There are different muslims sects. Some are bad, some are not.

So let me get this straight. Mideast muslims are bad.Some muslim sects are bad, some are not. So those sects that are not bad aren't located in the mideast?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

Mideast Muslims bad but Chinese Muslims good?

Bizarre detail in Bolton's new book, where he says that Trump decided to issue a public statement backing the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia (who allegedly was responsible for the murder of a U.S.-based journalist)...because...

At the time, Trump was wanting to distract public attention from reports at the time questioning his daughter and WH advisor Ivanka's use of private emails for government business (ala Hilary Clinton allegations that Trump was fixated on).

So this is how foreign policy is conducted in the Trump Admin???

Trump would rather embrace an alleged murderer than have Ivanka face scrutiny

He’d repeatedly excoriated Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server during the 2016 presidential election and he’d repeatedly faced questions about the suitability of assigning his daughter to a senior government position.

So: a statement depicting a murder victim as perhaps being culpable in his own death and defending the individual believed to have ordered the murder.

“This will divert from Ivanka,” Trump said, according to Bolton's book. “If I read the statement in person, that will take over the Ivanka thing."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/18/trump-would-rather-embrace-an-alleged-murderer-than-have-ivanka-face-scrutiny/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

And about the Nazis and concentration camps, you might have heard about the experiments of Josef Mengele in the Nazi concentration camps? The Uighur in the CCP concentration camps are also subjected to medical experiments. (Please see the reports of the survivors of such camps.)

Can you please provide link/s to your claims - thanks

On 6/18/2020 at 8:39 AM, franzs said:

This moron should clear first the problems in his own country before he points his finger in other directions

Seems to me this isn’t about Trump, this Bill was put forth by Congress and required President signature or veto. And seeing that there was only one no vote in Congress obviously bipartisan. So he would have been an idiot not to sign, in this case.   

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 7:50 PM, yuyiinthesky said:

Quite possible that I misunderstood. The OP is about the bill pressuring China over the Uighur concentration camps. I don’t care about the bickering theater with Bolton and Trump. I however care about the organized atrocities of a bully such as the CCP committed on millions of humans.

I don’t even like the muslim religion, however what is happening in these concentration camps is wrong and evil and has absolutely no justification.

I also think that what Saudi Arabia and the US are doing in Yemen is bad and a terrible atrocity too, and the world should stop it.

I agree with your post and that the situation in China with respect to the Uighers and in Yemen are appalling.

And yes, I've heard some reports that are awful but there seem to be very very few that have managed to leak out. On the other hand, I'm aware that people also didn't believe the initial reports of the Holocaust and what was happening to the Jews as well. That these two atrocities in Yemen and China are occurring with relatively little outcry is a condemnation of people's supposed humanity.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:05 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

And yet Bolton tells us Trump praised and encouraged Xi in China’s use of internment camps.

whom to believe but I would put my money on Bolton