Phuket: Interior Minister orders ‘new normal’ at all venues, including beaches

webfact

Interior Minister orders ‘new normal’ at all venues, including beaches

By The Phuket News

1592455604_1-org.jpg

The mandate came via a video conference with every provincial governor in the country on Tuesday (June 16). Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Minister of Interior Gen Anupong Phaojinda has instructed the Phuket government to ensure that the ‘new normal’ health regulations are in effect at all venues, especially beaches, so that the province is ready to safely welcome tourists again.

The mandate came via a video conference with every provincial governor in the country on Tuesday (June 16), during which Gen Anupong asked for feedback on the rolling out of Phase 4 of the easing of the COVID-19 restrictions, which came into effect on Monday (June 15) and saw nearly all types of businesses allowed to reopen.

Gen Anupong specifically asked about beach management after reopening in Phase 4, and discussed the B400 million budget to be deployed under the national economy and social development policy. He also called for all provinces to be prepared for natural disasters. 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/interior-minister-orders-new-normal-at-all-venues-including-beaches-76432.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-06-18

1 hour ago, mr mr said:

all of these things have started to move past the funny cute annoying stage to <deleted> leave me the h e double hockey sticks alone stage. 

ten times the number of people died in road accidents in june than the entire wuwu so far in thailand. why am i still wearing a f*****g mask ?? 

the authorities here are going to find out real soon what the nn bs is going to bring with it. 

no one !!

it is hard to understand their paranoia with beaches which must be one of the safest places to be during this pandemic, wide open spaces and well ventilated  - is it as I have suggested before - to have a go at foreigners ?, because any of the mainly Thai beaches I have been too have remained open throughout this covid nonsense and what rules apply to them - zero

and of course you are correct - 40-50 thousand people die on Thai roads annually and yet they have let it go on for decades doing absolutely nothing about it - they just don't seem to have a grasp of priorities 

I know for sure - no foreigner will be coming here while having to adhere to these nonsense rules - who on earth is going to a beach to wear a face mask never mind the rest, this country gets more idiotic by the day

They sure know how to destroy what little tourism is left and they are really good at it

• Like 2