AOT expects flights, passengers to return to 2019 levels only in 2022

webfact

20 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

No problem, as the high speed rail network with China was supposed to be ready by the end of this year. They will come, in tens of millions, by train.

And hopefully the Chinese board the train and will be given a video of everywhere they are going to and then get back off the train 2 weeks later in the same location 555

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

I think sponsor money is going to dry up as more men realize this situation

A very true comment and already occurring.  I have gotten several: my bf cannot come back so he stop sending me money.

Great for those of us already here happy to help you out honey.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Tis refreshing to see some organisation such as AOT telling the truth....or are they just saying that to cover their butz for some reason???  ????

They'd be covering their butz if they said it would be good in 1 year.  Too say it will be 2 years is probably too optimistic, but, at least they're leaning - a little - towards reality.  In years past, they'd all be fired for reporting some bad news.

21 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

It's not good news for visitors to Thailand including this poster.

No one will come with quarantine in place.

No one.

A vaccine is anything but a certainty.

So what's plan B? Close your borders?

No problem. All tourist areas will become wastelands. Hotels/bars/restaurants will close. Owners will hand back keys and get out of Thailand, never to return, as soon as possible.

Do yourselves a favour in the meantime business owners, stop feeding their citizens. Your being played for mugs.

There has been news reports in several western countries in regards to there racism and bad treatment of foreigners of western race. This will be there end game. There was no aviation meeting either. It's simply Prayut and that roach health minister. Let them dig there grave. Let the Chinese destroy the dump

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

I remember when the first estimates TAT was saying was there would be a reduction to 30 million Travelers this year.  

I've  been thinking a lot on how would this 72 hour health certificate work?   so I need to take my test at 5 days because it takes 2 days to get results in America right now, so at 72 hours before my flight my doctor sends me a medical certificate. But I would not want to have non-refundable airfare or any hotels or tours anywhere in Thailand that are not 100% refundable so I hope all the hotels and tourist reservations such as dive trips,  etc,  and airlines are allowing for free cancellations at 48 hours prior.  No way would I do a solo 14 day isolation  in a hotel room then 14 days upon return.    and what your home country  wants a 72 health  certificate.  There's going to be testing and doctors available in Thailand and what if you test positive and can't return home?  Basically without a vaccine, which also is unlikely to remain effective as this virus will mutate,   the world is screwed.  I think sponsor money is going to dry up as more men realize this situation

Another silly post you know if your sick. They should employ you under Prayut 

6 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well it's all very speculative when things will return to normal, but this is a least a dose of realism.

Maybe, hopefully there will be a vaccine next year, but remember the world has been trying to develop a vaccine for HIV for the past 40 years with no success, so nothing is guaranteed! 

Then there is the economic devastation that this damn virus has inflicted on families finances. 

2021 is at best a recovery year where folks try to recover their financial footing, and I severely doubt overseas vacations will be high on the 'to do' list

I think hiv doesn’t close down restaurants and bars and airports ???????????????? ya ????

give ya heed a bang  

And, exactly how did they reach those conclusions? I suggest that they look up the difference between "assume" and "presume". They are only assuming. To put it a different was, there is a major difference between a "WAG", (defined as a Wild Ass Guess)  and a "SWAG" (defined as a Scientific Wild Ass Guess). 

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Too many ifs in the equation at the moment for anyone to say what's going to happen in the next few months never mind in two years time.

That's probably the most accurate post in this entire thread! ????

• Like 1

Cambodia's model would work if it was applied to their own nationals as well as other travelers, but for now it's a game of Russian Roulette. one infected Khmer who wasn't tested before boarding outs 104 people in quarantine.

Once you've been tested once though you shouldn't need to be tested again landing in a second country if everyone followed the same protocols and they got of their bums and came up with an easily carried and easily verified pass card for the region like they are talking about here https://aecnewstoday.com/2020/cambodia-covid-19-travel-model-provides-path-for-clmvt-recovery/

Seems to make sense so it probably won't happen. 

3 hours ago, djuiiy said:

i'm out of work and have no financial responsibilities. Whats the difference with sitting in the quarantine conditions of my bedroom for months and the condtions of a thai quarantine compound?
Given that I'd have the pick of all the best things on offer in Pattaya after my 2 weeks in Q, then yes I'd do the time so i could then commit the .....

You're making the assumption that there is ANYTHING of worth on offer in Pattaya!
All the sweetmeats have gone back home, my dear! 

Pattaya is OVER. Forever.

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 5:01 PM, Swimfan said:

Why is it only Thailand has a crystal ball. It not fair 

You would have thought with all the extremely accurate fortune telling monks, Thailand would be the most powerful country in the world by now.

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 11:52 AM, SoilSpoil said:

No problem, as the high speed rail network with China was supposed to be ready by the end of this year. They will come, in tens of millions, by train.

.... together with a mutated virus ....

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/the-coronavirus-mutated-and-appears-to-be-more-contagious-now-new-study-finds.html

Edited by ttrd

On 6/19/2020 at 3:29 AM, cmrichsw said:

My thoughts exactly. This will all end in 2022. Wow who are these people in power.

Everyone need hopes even it looks rather hopeless - for the moment ....

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm 

Edited by ttrd