Honda CRV 2.4 2010 which engine oil

6 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Well which one should I use?What is the difference between 5W and 0W?

The viscosity (thickness) at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or about - 18C 

The W stands for Winter.

Shell has 0W-30.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Book says 0w-20, but 5w-20 is OK, just slightly thicker on startup but nooo problem. 

If the engine is knackered then you could go for a thicker oil, 5w-30 perhaps..

Thank you very much,engine still good only 98000KM

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, transam said:

Book says 0w-20, but 5w-20 is OK, just slightly thicker on startup but nooo problem. 

If the engine is knackered then you could go for a thicker oil, 5w-30 perhaps..

Where do You find all these old books from?

3 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Yeah I think the price also ok,thanks

Mobil is great, Castrol is great, I use Mobil in my truck because "Cockpit" puts it in and that's what they supply.

I use Castrol in my present Bike as I have always done for Motorcycles for over Fifty years and in my little Airblade scoot here for 15 years. 

Edited by Kwasaki

I find it very strange that they use this thin "20" oil in such high temperatures. And no need whatsoever for 0w rather than 5w although it does no harm.

It seems to me that the "20" stuff is for certain new cars where every miniscule drop in emissions and minuscule increase in fuel economy is important. In the UK here the garages would normally put 5w-30 into my car as standard but I always request 5w-40 as it is a 235,000 km petrol engine.

I have no idea what Toyota put into our 2019 Fortuner 2.8 diesel in Thailand. Probably 0w-20 !!  If I had an older high mileage engine personally I'd be inclined to use a 5w-30  or 5w-40 in Thailand but maybe I'm too old-school.

7 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

I find it very strange that they use this thin "20" oil in such high temperatures. And no need whatsoever for 0w rather than 5w although it does no harm.

It seems to me that the "20" stuff is for certain new cars where every miniscule drop in emissions and minuscule increase in fuel economy is important. In the UK here the garages would normally put 5w-30 into my car as standard but I always request 5w-40 as it is a 235,000 km petrol engine.

I have no idea what Toyota put into our 2019 Fortuner 2.8 diesel in Thailand. Probably 0w-20 !!  If I had an older high mileage engine personally I'd be inclined to use a 5w-30  or 5w-40 in Thailand but maybe I'm too old-school.

No, Toyota don't use 0w-20 in their diesel....

0w-20 grade oil is usually termed an eco oil. Where an engine is using very tight tolerances a 0W-20 can be used. My weeee Suzuki uses 0w-20 oil, as well as E20 fuel, and it is 5 years old...In the handbook, under engine oil, it shows 5w-30 and 0w-20, with an arrow pointing at the latter for use in LOS....

You will be surprised at the number of car engines that use a 0w oil..

On 6/20/2020 at 12:01 PM, transam said:

No, Toyota don't use 0w-20 in their diesel....

0w-20 grade oil is usually termed an eco oil. Where an engine is using very tight tolerances a 0W-20 can be used. My weeee Suzuki uses 0w-20 oil, as well as E20 fuel, and it is 5 years old...In the handbook, under engine oil, it shows 5w-30 and 0w-20, with an arrow pointing at the latter for use in LOS....

You will be surprised at the number of car engines that use a 0w oil..

Confusing,I guess I will try 5w-30,the pre owner used 0w-20,just thought there is no need to use expensive synthetic oil for a 10 year old car with almost 100.000km on the clock

56 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Confusing,I guess I will try 5w-30,the pre owner used 0w-20,just thought there is no need to use expensive synthetic oil for a 10 year old car with almost 100.000km on the clock

B-Quik sell 3 ltr of Mobil 0w-20 syn for 750bht, seeing as my hotrod takes 3 ltr I am ????.

100,000km on any modern engine is just run in.....????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

B-Quik sell 3 ltr of Mobil 0w-20 syn for 750bht, seeing as my hotrod takes 3 ltr I am ????.

100,000km on any modern engine is just run in.....????

That is ok,Shell wants 14.. for 4 liters

I use 0w-20 for wife's 2 hand car. (Lazada), and talking about CRV, Anybody knows if Is possible to change covers wheels 205/70 r15 for 235/70r15 because I saw a nice offer.. is possible to adapt them? thanks

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

I use 0w-20 for wife's 2 hand car. (Lazada), and talking about CRV, Anybody knows if Is possible to change covers wheels 205/70 r15 for 235/70r15 because I saw a nice offer.. is possible to adapt them? thanks

205 to 235 no prob.

• Like 1