Great Wall to start SUV, pickup production in Thailand next year amid weak demand

webfact

23 hours ago, finnsk said:

Good some optimistic chineese take over, when the big compagnies leaves Thailand. in this case GM is leaving.

Another one is indian Tata who are making cheap simple cars, they are also leaving their procuction facilities in Thailand.

This is just what is happening actual, big international wellknown brands are leaving their production facilities in Thailand and in is comming the chineese with their unknown brands based on copy production. Is this a general inclination in Thailand ?

To Thailand it is important to keep/get jobs to the thais, that I understand, but are Thailand selling its soul to China ?

I  was  sad to see Chevrolet  go, I  liked their  pick  up thought it was under  rated, I tried the other brands but  none of them really  appealed to me like the Colorado did.

23 hours ago, patyh said:

it was the decision to withdraw itself from the RHD markets

I believe thats  krap (just their  excuse) when surrounding countries to Thailand are  all LH   drive, they took a  dive in Malaysia 2  years  ago and never  got  back in, Myanmar Vietnam Laos all LH Drive and then theres  the Phillipines also where they sold.

8 minutes ago, bodga said:

I believe thats  krap (just their  excuse) when surrounding countries to Thailand are  all LH   drive, they took a  dive in Malaysia 2  years  ago and never  got  back in, Myanmar Vietnam Laos all LH Drive and then theres  the Phillipines also where they sold.

They pulled out of a market they felt was not financially viable to them, why is that krap ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:
21 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

China does not own GM and last year Americans bought more GM vehicles than Ford vehicles so they can't be that bad!

China owns a 49% stake in GM motors... 

Nonsense.  China is a country, you know?

6 hours ago, Suua said:

I would never buy anything from the murdering CCP....Ever!

Anyone that does, deserves getting the piece of <deleted> they will be buying.

After what the totalitarian, authoritarian, repulsive, kunt dictators have just inflicted on the world, I can't believe anyone would buy <deleted> from them ever again.

You really do not own anything that was made in China?  I'd doubt it.

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

I will bet you a million baht, that there is at least 1 CCP manufactured item in your home right now!

Wanna take that bet?  ????

Wow, an anonymous person on an anonymous forum betting another anonymous person B1,000,000.  How, exactly does that work, then, why restrict it to just one million baht, why not go for a trillion US dollars, that would no less ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Wow, an anonymous person on an anonymous forum betting another anonymous person B1,000,000.  How, exactly does that work, then, why restrict it to just one million baht, why not go for a trillion US dollars, that would no less ridiculous.

I was being facetious, and you clearly agreed with me when you said ....' You really do not own anything that was made in China?  I'd doubt it."

So, why the hostility??? ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Nonsensical post!  ????

13 minutes ago, thequietman said:
23 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Nonsensical post! 

Thanks, that was my point, it makes just as much sense as yours that I responded to!

16 minutes ago, thequietman said:
25 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I was being facetious, and you clearly agreed with me when you said ....' You really do not own anything that was made in China?  I'd doubt it."

So, why the hostility???

There's no hostility, just an observation of an inconceivable proposition!

• Sad 1