House/home Insurance

thanks, do you have any personal experience with them. What are the yearly costs?

thanks again

regards

Timo

I use them but fortunately not needed to claim so the renewal and amendment service is all that I have encountered which is good. As for yearly costs then that depends upon the sums insured, but as an example, and you must realise that this company is angling for the Farang market, it works out about 60% of the cost of the UK for an equivalent level of cover with the exception of the property portion which compared to my UK property value v insurance cost, than here in BKK it is less than 1/2 of the equivalent cost.

Having had homeowners insurance for my whole life and never made a claim, when I arrived in Thailand, I concluded that nothing in my home was so expensive I couldn't replace it and went with no insurance.

Keep in mind that your insurance settlement takes into account depreciation when you make your claim unless you specify replacement value.

Having had homeowners insurance for my whole life and never made a claim, when I arrived in Thailand, I concluded that nothing in my home was so expensive I couldn't replace it and went with no insurance.

Keep in mind that your insurance settlement takes into account depreciation when you make your claim unless you specify replacement value.

What no property or third party indemnity insurance either ! :o

I rahther meant to insure the property itself

Thanks for the answers, i will look into the matter.

if anybody else has experiences....... feel free, everything is appreciated.

regards

Timo