Leader of London BLM protests demands meeting with Johnson

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Interesting anecdote and resonates. I too am a longtime martial artist. People of all nationalities and ethnic origins, different beliefs, sexes and sexual orientations and political views practice martial arts. I have not met one racist or bigot in nearly 50 years among serious practitioners. Being welcomed in other countries and continents too.

I agree with you. IME those shouting for 'equality" rarely, if ever, actually want equality. They want privilege.

In my 40 year Hotrod car scene, all are welcome, no exceptions, in fact two of my best friends for near that 40 years are black, they are still involved with the car scene back home and keep in contact....????

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

People protesting racism, within the allowed criteria for protesting most certainly are not terrorist. I include myself as someone who has actively stood against racism.

However, as I said, those using this to drive other political agendas, and using or advocating illegal actions are. 

I disagree

I have no problem in teaching the good and bad points in British history at school, it's long overdue. I do remember at secondary school in the early 1980's that the empire was skirted around, it was the Romans, Saxons, Normans, Magna Carta, Henry VIII, civil war, WW1, WW2 and industrial revolution. I've no idea what is taught now, but at BLM demos they talk about decolonise school and uni curriculum.

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm torn.

Margaret Mead (look her up) is  as saying: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.   

At the same time, I find the headline of this piece misleading. To me, it infers this actor is the only leader of BLM 

I am annoyed at Reuters for the use of the word 'demand' when she is not quoted as saying it, but at the same time, I'm impressed they found her among the 20,000 or 2,000 people protesting at that time.

As to what she is quoted as saying, Black Lives Matter, they do, as do the lives of everyone else. The right to protest has been gained over many years of oppression. What has not been enshrined in law is looting and rioting. This is not the way to the hearts of the people.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

To be honest, I'm torn.

Margaret Mead (look her up) is  as saying: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.   

At the same time, I find the headline of this piece misleading. To me, it infers this actor is the only leader of BLM 

I am annoyed at Reuters for the use of the word 'demand' when she is not quoted as saying it, but at the same time, I'm impressed they found her among the 20,000 or 2,000 people protesting at that time.

As to what she is quoted as saying, Black Lives Matter, they do, as do the lives of everyone else. The right to protest has been gained over many years of oppression. What has not been enshrined in law is looting and rioting. This is not the way to the hearts of the people.

I actually admire the spirit of these protesters even though I don't agree with everythingthey stand for. The protests that I have seen live have had a great energy to them and people trying to make a difference. Yes there has been violence at some of them, but the Oxford protest on Tuesday 9th had inspiring speakers and yesterday in London the vibe looked fantastic.

In darker times like these and the future uncertain, it's good that people are connecting to politics in a raw form. I have asked friends if they want to go, no go, I'll go on my own next Saturday and see what it's like.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Leader of London BLM protests demands meeting with Johnson

And BJ needs to kneel in their presence as well as renounce his Anglo-Saxon white privilege. 

Edited by connda

7 hours ago, uesnyc said:

Read their manifesto. It has ZERO to do with black lives. It's to promote Marxism. 

As much as I'd love to strangle the cop in MN with my own bare hands for what he's done, they were WAITING for this, They just needed a nationally televised incident to trigger the movement.

What a load of nonsense. If you have any kind of case to argue you wouldn't have to lie.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, smedly said:

self appointed big mouth

Stand for election if you want to make changes, that's the good thing about living in a democracy, when you get elected then you can have an influence  

There are elections in the UK but that doesn't mean there is democracy, 60% of the votes count for nothing - and for that reason many more don't even bother voting.

3 hours ago, robertson468 said:

What entitles this Lady to discuss racial equality in the UK?  Is she an elected member of a political party, the people who normally represent others in a democratic country, or is she something else?

She is perfectly entitled to discuss it, if she can find anyone to listen, until the cows come home; Friesians I would suggest - black and white, nicely racially balanced don't you think? What she is not entitled to do as the self appointed leader of a group, (whose numbers seem to vary widely depending on which source you take)_ is to demand that anyone, included the democratically elected Prime Minister, listens to her, and by inevitable extension, does what she tells them to do!

law.
- Developing and distributing educational resources.
- Developing and delivering healing practices in black communities. 
- Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police. Working alongside existing anti-racist organisations to strengthen the wider movement across the UK.
- Supporting the United Family & Friends Campaign (UFFC) in accessing justice for friends and loved ones killed at the hands of British police.
- Providing emergency relief to black communities bearing the brunt of the Coronavirus crisis

The above statement is from BLMUK Gofundme page, note they want to abolish the police, then what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So despite the equal opportunities in the UK, that sector of society are still under achieving on average. That doesn't necessarily mean they are being discriminated against. It could be down to bad attitude - which will only get worse with these divisive BLM marches. 

What ideas do you have address the gap in achievement? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

So despite the equal opportunities in the UK, that sector of society are still under achieving on average. That doesn't necessarily mean they are being discriminated against. It could be down to bad attitude - which will only get worse with these divisive BLM marches. 

The gap in achievement is down to IQ levels. 

You know it, I know it. The whole world knows it

but some peeps don’t want to accept it. 

Edited by twocatsmac
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I say we listen to those facing racist attitudes and inequality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

We listen to them every day, and still we hear no ideas about how to address the issue. All they say is that we need change. But what change do we need? They don't have an answer to that. 

I'll tell you why that is. It's because we already have equality in the UK. 

Inequality is a myth in today's UK. Usually perpetuated by under achieving parents telling their kids that the system is against them. And imagine the impact that has on those kids. Very sad really. 

It’s not a myth as those links I posted show.

Those involved in the BLM protests clearly feel such prejudice exists. 

A good start would be for johnson to meet those leading the BLM movement. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Toned down my post
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

It’s not a myth as those links I posted show.

Those involved in the BLM protests clearly feel such prejudice exists. 

A good start would be for johnson to meet those leading the BLM movement. 

Your links show statistics, not causes or solutions.

Perhaps if those leading the BLM movement had some ideas to put forward, Johnson would meet them.  But they don't, do they. 

Martin Luther King had valid and tangible goals, like ending segregation. What do BLM have? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Perhaps if those leading the BLM movement had some ideas to put forward, Johnson would meet them.  But they don't, do they. 

Martin Luther King had valid and tangible goals, like ending segregation. What do BLM have? 

Maybe if johnson takes up the offer of a meeting we’ll learn more.

In addition to knowing inequality based upon discrimination is not a myth, which of course we already know. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

o

but me thinks horizontal statues are as tangible as vertical ones

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You can't have a meeting with a Prime Minister just because you think some people look at you funny. You have to have a defined agenda. 

In the UK in 2020 inequality of ethnic groups is not because of discrimination.  That's just the reason you have chosen to give for the statistics. 

Completely disagree with the nature of both of your statements. 

BLM want a meeting with johnson because of the racist prejudice and inequality they experience. I’m sure they have a very detailed and well defined series of points they wish to discuss. 

Your second point is wrong. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, the process is that it citizens have an issue , they contact their local member of Parliament  and they raise the issues which can be discussed in Parliament , if that fails , you can have an online petition and if enough people agree (100 000 ) that issue MUST be discussed in Parliament .

Minority Mob influence  has no place in democracy   

Democratic protest against racial discrimination and inequality is not “mob” anything. 

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Nope , from here 

A conclusive study , rather than cherry picking  

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/work-pay-and-benefits/pay-and-income/household-income/latest

The FT cherry picks facts, yeah right. 

https://amp.ft.com/content/fd47bc10-a238-11e9-974c-ad1c6ab5efd1

Here’s more

https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2018/dec/27/uk-black-and-ethnic-minorities-lose-32bn-a-year-in-pay-gap

Report on Bank of England view

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ethnic-minority-pay-gap-uk-bank-of-england-research-bame-a9165071.html?am

Edited by Bluespunk
Link was USA based not uk

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You are agreeing with me, as stated in your link

Only employees of Chinese and Indian background were paid more than white British ones,

No. I am saying you left out significant facts. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1