We’re Going Wrong! …. And, Will this be our Swan Song?.... As it was for JACK BRUCE?

This Leap Year has not been one of the best.  Many predictable things that could have gone wrong have gone wrong.

On the positive, so far, we have avoided nuclear war and total destruction of the Human Race. Yet, the Doomsday Clock is now ticking in seconds, not minutes.

If we must have a Swan Song, and I think we should have one, then I choose the song by Jack Bruce who died soon after singing it.

Are we going wrong?  Well, of course, there is no doubt about it.

And sometimes, when one knows that doomsday is unavoidable, still it is pleasant to listen to those who sing about impending doom, but who knows why.

JACK BRUCE is amazing.

This is his greatest song.

Of course, we KNOW that we are going wrong. And, even if many of us know it, yet we cannot change it, and we will just keep doing the same wrong things.

It’s in our very nature to go wrong if going wrong makes us feel good.

We even romanticize about our going wrong.

Someday soon, as we continue to go wrong, then we will need to pay the piper.

And the cost will be incredibly high.

But please don’t say that Jack Bruce did not sing about it, years ago.  Because, he did.

Who knows if Jack Bruce was making some sort of political statement about the world, or if he was just singing about some trifling fling of his?

All we do know, now, is that we are going wrong.

And, we know that we are going wrong, faster and faster.

And, we know that there will be severe consequences, both for us and for our children.

Well, anyway, I think that Jack Bruce was an amazing singer and that this was his greatest song.  He sang his heart out knowing that this was his last song.  I very much appreciate his effort.

4 hours ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

Someday soon, as we continue to go wrong, then we will need to pay the piper.

And the cost will be incredibly high.

Please don't include me .........

I have done nothing to harm anyone, I have done nothing to harm the planet or the environment.

Nor has anyone in charge asked my opinion on anything, I have no say, no influence and therefor accept no responsibility.

If I were asked, I would say that I don't believe out of date 70s rock music has anything to contribute to the world and when the white boomers are dead it will be forgotten.

Edited by BritManToo

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Please don't include me .........

I have done nothing to harm anyone, I have done nothing to harm the planet or the environment.

Nor has anyone in charge asked my opinion on anything, I have no say, no influence and therefor accept no responsibility.

If I were asked, I would say that I don't believe out of date 70s rock music has anything to contribute to the world and when the white boomers are dead it will be forgotten.

It is highly unlikely that there will be anyone around who can either remember or forget anything, soon, just judging by ongoing world events.

And so, if civilization soon ends here, then JACK BRUCE will be both the pinnacle as well as the final culmination of human culture.

And if this proves to be so, then I will rest easy, except...

I just think it unfortunate that the music of Jack Bruce was not sent out into space on the Golden Record aboard the spaceship Voyager.

Because, the music of Jack Bruce should be shared among other intelligence in this great universe.

1666975165_Goldenrecord-diagram.jpg.75be6e603ec55cc45db996d04e7dc01a.jpg