International arrivals banned or not? This site says lots of flights are still arriving

youbuyshirt

I thought the border was closed and international flights are not permitted to arrive in Thailand at present.

But this site: https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

shows arrivals from many different countries, including China, Vietnam, Korea, Germany, Japan, Russia, France, UK, Austria and others.

What is going on? I'm very confused.

Edited by youbuyshirt

As CLS said, but there are also outgoing and transiting passenger flights out of BKK. Most inbound flights come in empty and fly out with passengers. No incoming flights except for those repatriation flights and those cargo flights.

• Thanks 1

The cargo coming in passengers going out idea makes sense. We booked tickets out on Korean Air in a couple of weeks and I have been nervously watching for a cancellation e-mail, but when I checked on FlightAware it showed that the flight has been on a reliable schedule.

10 hours ago, youbuyshirt said:

I thought the border was closed and international flights are not permitted to arrive in Thailand at present.

You thought incorrectly, Thai Nationals, work permit holders and family members can apply through the local Thai embassy for permits to enter Thailand then a 14 day quarantine.

International flights have never been banned, only international passengers entering.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

so can a valid work permit and also valid multi entry non imm visa technically fly out to say singapore transit currently overnight in the terminal and then return to bangkok thus doing a border run and resetting  90 day non im multi entry visa??? where would one go to confirm this?

2 hours ago, casey1 said:

so can a valid work permit and also valid multi entry non imm visa technically fly out to say singapore transit currently overnight in the terminal and then return to bangkok thus doing a border run and resetting  90 day non im multi entry visa??? where would one go to confirm this?

Sounds OK (although maybe not Singapore unless you're sure you can get in there), but the application form says you should allow 10 days for processing, so make sure you take that into account.

2 hours ago, casey1 said:

Not at the moment as there are no flights inbound into Thailand unless your on a repatriation flight which is arranged through the Thai embassy, even Thai nationals that don't require visas for Thailand are required to registered via the Thai embassy for flights

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Not at the moment as there are no flights inbound into Thailand unless your on a repatriation flight which is arranged through the Thai embassy, even Thai nationals that don't require visas for Thailand are required to registered via the Thai embassy for flights

Work Permit holders can apply to get on these repatriation flights too, which I think is what casey1 was planning for.  The application process would scupper his overnight transit plan though.

12 minutes ago, treetops said:

Work Permit holders can apply to get on these repatriation flights too, which I think is what casey1 was planning for.  The application process would scupper his overnight transit plan though.

and he would have to do 14 day quarantine on his return

3 hours ago, casey1 said:

No you can not.  Unless you have all the required paperwork the Thai Government is wanting as well as what is listed on the CAAT website.   Hoop jumping, plus a 14 day quarantine upon returning to Thailand if at all possible.

13 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

pretty sure some people still travel where they want to go, when they want to go

think so, huh? try booking a flight through Taiwan, where all transit passengers are banned. Or are you being sarcastic?

24 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

think so, huh? try booking a flight through Taiwan, where all transit passengers are banned. Or are you being sarcastic?

Think he is talking about the elite Hi-So's, and Sports stars and a certain top dog for a country

"I thought the border was closed and international flights are not permitted to arrive in Thailand at present."

This is a a result of misinformation posted on this forum.

The main airports have never been closed, the civil aviation(CAAT) have restricted what flights can land. The Emergency decree has restricted who can enter the Kingdom and the Department for Disease Control has imposed a quarantine on the majority of arrivals.