KTM 390 Adventure

banglay

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Honda showed the way and long time ago many events they don't bother or support much anymore..

You like KTM that's fine but there just not my thing.

Its good we have a choice. And our choices are improving every year. KTM have cleaned up in many racing disciplines , including racing in the worlds toughest race , the Paris Dakar , and handed Hondas ass to them on a plate. Honda were pretty good years ago. Bikes such as KTM , and the Italian Benellis and Ducatis arent for everyone. Some people just want a bike to just do the job , just  like a washing machine. No fuss , no drama .

3 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Its good we have a choice. And our choices are improving every year. KTM have cleaned up in many racing disciplines , including racing in the worlds toughest race , the Paris Dakar , and handed Hondas ass to them on a plate. Honda were pretty good years ago. Bikes such as KTM , and the Italian Benellis and Ducatis arent for everyone. Some people just want a bike to just do the job , just  like a washing machine. No fuss , no drama .

Like I said Honda started it and everybody had to catch up.

As I have said already if you like KTM fair call, enjoy what you like.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:56 PM, ktm jeff said:

KTM now , are as Ducati were 5 years ago. Few dealers , little dealer support , difficult spares situation and overpriced. Ducati moved forward and are now selling very well. KTM are still hit with crazy import taxes so they havent invested in a large dealer network or spares inventory. If you REALLY REALLY want one , be prepared to pay , and suffer difficult/scarce dealers/spares/technical help.

+1 to all this from a Yamaha FZ-09 owner. At least I live in BKK so there's a big dealer / service centre. Spares can be a pain for anything that's not mass-produced in Thailand. But KTM390 is a nice little bike. I say go for it but be prepared for some rough patches. That said, I just saw that MotoPraram5 had a stock clearance two months back and had two KTM690s (2016 model) for the bargain price of 399,000! I'd have bought one on the spot if I'd known. They were also selling KTMDuke390 for 119,900. Stock clearance.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 21.02.58.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 21.03.38.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Actually forget the japs ,it the Germans that started it...????????????????

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/first-mass-production-motorcycle/

No you miss my point I'm talking Honda Japanese engineers far superior to the A-holes in UK and the rest of the world and even in their own country.

The present makes the time nowaday forget I'm not that forgetful and remember Honda's contribution to the motorcycle world. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

No you miss my point I'm talking Honda Japanese engineers far superior to the A-holes in UK and the rest of the world and even in their own country.

The present makes the time nowaday forget I'm not that forgetful and remember Honda's contribution to the motorcycle world. 

KTM specialize in off road and motocross, where they overtook Honda a long time ago. They pretty much dominate, in MXGP especially.

image.png.52c6c5f4555d23d733a2012865d7425a.png

image.png.a7dcef424f45e7c5c1ce10b481481722.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

KTM specialize in off road and motocross, where they overtook Honda a long time ago. They pretty much dominate, in MXGP especially.

image.png.52c6c5f4555d23d733a2012865d7425a.png

image.png.a7dcef424f45e7c5c1ce10b481481722.png

Like I said Honda contributed to many things in the past, and all good for KTM now well done. 

On 6/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, properperson said:

ps - if you watch the video below - at 3m 45 sec - you hear the tester use a word you rarely hear from tests on similar bikes from Honda, suzuki and Yamaha etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3NegvnfY8

And that test was with the "old" 390. Everybody agrees that the new model (>=2017) was improved in many areas.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And that test was with the "old" 390. Everybody agrees that the new model (>=2017) was improved in many areas.

In which way, apart from revs otd and wears out more quickly and replacement parts are expensive.

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

In which way, apart from revs otd and wears out more quickly and replacement parts are expensive.

I've had both the Gen 1 and Gen 2  390 Dukes .....

And as OMF stated earlier, the Gen 2 was a great improvement - not only in looks, but addition of "ride by wire" and excellent TFT instrument pannel .......

"expensive parts" - compared to a honda or a Ducati ??

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, properperson said:

I've had both the Gen 1 and Gen 2  390 Dukes .....

And as OMF stated earlier, the Gen 2 was a great improvement - not only in looks, but addition of "ride by wire" and excellent TFT instrument pannel .......

"expensive parts" - compared to a honda or a Ducati ??

Never really changed my bikes with new gens coming out on later bikes, found you could upgrade if you want with certain improvements. 

Yeah certain things get better with bikes gens but I'm old school and use to like keeping bikes and long time, my Honda in UK I only serviced it for 13 years nothing broke.  

Generations of bikes with Honda I  go backwards ???? my 25 year old Blade is a beast the new Blade is something anyone can ride. 

In Thailand Honda service parts I think are cheap, I find body parts expensive for my Blade but for my baby Blade (Airblade) there cheap. 

Ducati is another bike I wouldn't want.