Seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry

webfact

6 hours ago, xn47140 said:

Asked the Thai Embassy in Berlin about the rules for entry to Thailand if married to a Thai. Here's the answer translated with Google:

"we received a new order from Thailand on Friday. People who are married to a Thai citizen can apply for a special permit to enter Thailand. The following documents must be sent in advance to the Thai embassy by email:

- Copy of the passport (first page with the photo)

- Copy of the passport (first page with the photo) of the Thai spouse

- Copy of visa and re-entry permit for Thailand

- Copy of the marriage certificate - Medical certificate for a negative test for Covid-19

- Fit-to-Fly airworthiness certificate

- Proof of overseas health insurance that includes treatment for COVID-19 in Thailand equivalent to at least $ 100,000

- Copy of the flight confirmation

- Proof of confirmed quarantine stay (hotel booking):

When entering the Kingdom, non-Thai nationals must undergo a 14-day quarantine at a state quarantine facility at their own expense. The quarantine may only take place in the following hotels:

1. Mövenpick Wellnes BDMS Resort Hotel

2. Qiu Hotel Sukhumvit

3. The Idle Residence

4. Grand Richmond Hotel

5. Royal Benja Hotel

6. Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel

7. Grande Centerpoint Hotel Sukhumvit

At www.hsscovid.com you will find the hotels selected for quarantine and further information

- The completed declaration form The documents will be forwarded to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs for approval. In the event of approval, the Thai embassy will contact the applicant. The applicant speaks personally to the embassy within 72 hours before the flight date and submits the following documents:

- Medical certificate for a negative test on Covid-19 (not older than 72 hours before departure)

- Fit-to-Fly certificate of fitness to fly (not older than 72 hours before departure)

The Thai embassy then issues a certificate of entry. You can also apply for a special permit to enter Thailand at the Consulate General in Frankfurt and the Consulate General in Munich. Please note that the medical certificate and the airworthiness certificate must be submitted twice. In the event of approval, these two certificates, issued within 72 hours before the flight date, must be submitted again in person to the embassy.

We recommend that you submit the application to a consulate in your area, based on the short-term personal consultation before the departure date. Best regards Visa section of the Royal Thai Embassy Lepsiusstr. 64-66 12163 Berlin Tel. 030 79481117 (telephone information Mon - Fri from 2.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.) Fax 030 79481118 [email protected] www.thaiembassy.de"

What is special permit ? Any idea ? 

17 minutes ago, shdmn said:

I don't see how this could ever work.  Requiring people to stay in a 5 star hotel for 14 days, even if they meet the requirements for getting in, is not going to sell enough tickets on planes to pay for the jet fuel.  So airlines won't fly.

Well, nothing is set in stone.

It's an evolving situation.

All we can do is just wait and see how it's going to progress.

They got the Thai repatriation system operating pretty efficiently now.

They'll do the same with the WP/married foreigners.

Edited by unheard

22 minutes ago, kiever said:

What is special permit ? Any idea ? 

No, i just have the prices of the hotels in the list... inside the same answer from Thai ambassy in my country.

The cheaper one is about 32 000 THB for 14 days (i think without food... and because you can not go out to search your food, and because of the so expensive price of 14 days room reservation, the food price will be the same kind of very very very expensive one.

Impossible to paid and they make loose this money for my family in just 14 days (and have to add price of all the other things like assurance and other). It is incredibly strictly reserved to high society (rich people) foreigner to be welcome and paid this price to stay locked at hotel. The same foreigner who is coming with an official medic paper said there is no COVID infection there, no COVID virus present. So why lock him 14 days then ?

But let's go deeper in the reflexion...

For example, for this kind of price, i can divide by 7 to ask my brother in law to come to search me (and he will be so happy also to make good money about 1500 THB in a day in the same time) and bring me back at home to stay 14 days. So why i would have to paid this expensive price far from my family in Bangkok in a 7 stars hotel ?

Why i should have to buy a ticket fly before to know if i can come and without to know exactly when i would be able to come, how to do that please ? If they decide i can not (they also said minimum to wait 3 weeks to have an answer... and maximum ? which date to by ticket ? which date to start to paid for assurance ? please...), i will loose money for nothing... same for the assurance... Do you really think farang are rich people and work for burn money ? You don't think family need this money to have a life in case of problem (as all the time) ? I have no board to print money at home.

The logic for a country who want to recognize family valor up to minimalist nationalist mind thinking (or much more minimalist "bonobo business only" mind thinking)  should be to ask foreigner married to Thai wife to provide a proof to have someone bring him back to family home the day pf arrival, to make sign my family they accept me to come and stay 14 days at home (and much more my wife who, in fact, is the first one concerned), to just provide the required papers (assurance, sure ticket fly... do you know how i can come from Europe if not by fly ??? reflection please...) at border as usually and so logically.

But.... but... but... looks like closer and closer something is changing there:

Do you have enough big money mister farang ?

32 000 THB in 14 days (without the next required expenses) is about 4 times the salary of a honorable teacher in Thailand.

Please... what is the idea there ?

Or maybe in Thailand, some people in power doesn't know the reality of the life's price in there own country or in other, maybe for them it is nothing. It is a lot for me, and much more for my Thai family, as big majority of Thai population.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, unheard said:

Well, nothing is set in stone.

It's an evolving situation.

All we can do is just wait and see how it's going to progress.

They got the Thai repatriation system operating pretty efficiently now.

They'll do the same with the WP/married foreigners.

exactly, and we see now which choice are made.

We can then appreciate facts.

And sure... normal class farang and there Thai family have to priest for the power to consider us has human life up to our money level class.

That's it right now.

I was thinking important task to be virus fighting safety.... I must have forgotten something.

We will see... how many month now ? I leave my Thai family 29 December to go work in my country.... soon no more work there.

55 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

32 000 THB in 14 days (without the next required expenses) is about 4 times the salary of a honorable teacher in Thailand.

Even Burmese immigrant low-paid workers got at least 8500-9500  baht a month both in Bangkok and Provincial.

and Thai teachers got 8,000 a month??? That is so 1995.

In 2020 , According to Academic Standings and Teacher Salary Act, Teachers salary for Thai Public school, 

PreEntrylevel 15,050-24,750

Level 1. 15,440-34,310

Level 2. 16,190-41,620

Level 3. 19,860-58,390

Level 4. 24,440-69,040

Level 5. 39,980-76,800

All level + extra money from the sifferent level of academic standing/ experience and other achivements.

Edited by Ratchsima
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/22/2020 at 7:39 AM, webfact said:

3. Tourists under the travel bubble. Dr Taweesin said that the target countries are China, Japan and South Korea, which are presently trying to contain the virus.

The Chinese Communists have lied about their numbers including lying about the existence of the virus. 

Why would anyone in their right mind want to let them into Thailand.

It's a death wish.

14 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Surely not.

With population of 1393 millions against 69 million,

200 cases in China is equivalent to 10 cases for Thailand,

and 22 new cases yesterday equivalent to 1 new case in Thailand.

OK so you know how to use a calculator. I'm pretty sure you know what I was getting at.

3 hours ago, jerolamo said:

No, i just have the prices of the hotels in the list... inside the same answer from Thai ambassy in my country.

The cheaper one is about 32 000 THB for 14 days (i think without food... and because you can not go out to search your food, and because of the so expensive price of 14 days room reservation, the food price will be the same kind of very very very expensive one.

Impossible to paid and they make loose this money for my family in just 14 days (and have to add price of all the other things like assurance and other). It is incredibly strictly reserved to high society (rich people) foreigner to be welcome and paid this price to stay locked at hotel. The same foreigner who is coming with an official medic paper said there is no COVID infection there, no COVID virus present. So why lock him 14 days then ?

But let's go deeper in the reflexion...

For example, for this kind of price, i can divide by 7 to ask my brother in law to come to search me (and he will be so happy also to make good money about 1500 THB in a day in the same time) and bring me back at home to stay 14 days. So why i would have to paid this expensive price far from my family in Bangkok in a 7 stars hotel ?

Why i should have to buy a ticket fly before to know if i can come and without to know exactly when i would be able to come, how to do that please ? If they decide i can not (they also said minimum to wait 3 weeks to have an answer... and maximum ? which date to by ticket ? which date to start to paid for assurance ? please...), i will loose money for nothing... same for the assurance... Do you really think farang are rich people and work for burn money ? You don't think family need this money to have a life in case of problem (as all the time) ? I have no board to print money at home.

The logic for a country who want to recognize family valor up to minimalist nationalist mind thinking (or much more minimalist "bonobo business only" mind thinking)  should be to ask foreigner married to Thai wife to provide a proof to have someone bring him back to family home the day pf arrival, to make sign my family they accept me to come and stay 14 days at home (and much more my wife who, in fact, is the first one concerned), to just provide the required papers (assurance, sure ticket fly... do you know how i can come from Europe if not by fly ??? reflection please...) at border as usually and so logically.

But.... but... but... looks like closer and closer something is changing there:

Or maybe in Thailand, some people in power doesn't know the reality of the life's price in there own country or in other, maybe for them it is nothing. It is a lot for me, and much more for my Thai family, as big majority of Thai population.

I was told by the consulate the prices include three meals a day and drinking water plus Covid-19 tests. 

Sounds like a COVID free paradise going on there.  Wow, are you going to pay for it.  

Good luck getting a certificate in most countries.  That could be the biggest crux that you will find.  That is, unless this is all just Thai government nonsense which I suspect it is.  

And don't forget your COVID insurance too.  And what if you test positive?  Your stay is going to be one heck of a lot longer than 14 days.  

Basically, you've got to be very very well off to get back into Thailand.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, drbeach said:

And yet, other than the 2 mass mall shootings that occurred earlier this year, the only place where one tends to hear about or see gun violence is on the news. I've never seen a Thai pull out a gun in the middle of Bangkok and only once vaguely saw something strange happening when a technical school pillion passenger on a motorcycle pulled out something that appeared like it could be a gun (might have been a bb gun) not sure who it was aimed or what was going on, I was driving behind following at some distance along with several other cars nearby. Nothing happened and as I said, I was too far away to see what it was.

In general, I feel Thailand is exceptionallyv safe in most places and circumstances (though I never lower my guard, just in case). Most criminal activities are underground and involve the drug/nightlife/illicit scene or jealously/infidelity/business disputes between people that know each other. However, unlike parts of major western cities, there are no "bad neighborhoods" as such, anywhere in Thailand, that I'm aware of, other than MAYBE a street corner where people do drugs, but even that's very vague. Even Khlong Toey slum, although not a place I'd like to walk through, can't be considered "dangerous", but simply, poor. Whereas the west side of Chicago or parts of St. Louis home to African-American drug gangs...too dangerous to even consider driving through, let alone walking.

Every country and city is pretty safe in general, but statistics don't lie. You can't be everywhere in every city 24/7, so you never see what goes on except in your own window. How many people have you seen die in a crash? Yet every day up to 80 die here, along with thousands of wrecks a day. I myself have only seen 3 in a year, and two were someone hitting me. There may not be "bad" neighborhoods per se, but things still go on, and in good ones also.

Tourists from China, Japan and South Korea? Interesting isn't it. Why not Australia and New Zealand? Those two countries have less new infections than China, Japan and South Korea together. It shows clearly the Thai government has other interests than protecting Thailand from Corona. 

51 minutes ago, Kohkah said:

Tourists from China, Japan and South Korea? Interesting isn't it. Why not Australia and New Zealand? Those two countries have less new infections than China, Japan and South Korea together. It shows clearly the Thai government has other interests than protecting Thailand from Corona.

Because Australia and New Zealand has to agree to join the bubble. May be they want don't now or negotiation is still underaway. 

Edited by Mulambana

23 hours ago, thelovedone said:

There must be hundreds of long term Retirees like me  stranded abroad. We contribute a large amount of money to the Thai economy.

Does anyone know when the Thai border will be open for  Retirement Visa holders who are stranded overseas to return to Thailand?

In my case my Thai Retirement Visa will expire within a month and i cannot return but hoping long term Visa holders can return soon.

Interested to hear how many  others are  in the same situation.

Can I request Ubon Joe to give me your take on the status of Retirement Visa holders trying to return  to Thailand.

I dont see any reference to this group in any government announcements.

On 6/22/2020 at 1:06 AM, Raphus said:

It is very weird. Countries like Austria that have been successful in containment. Slovakia, Czech Republic for example in Europe that have had less cases than Thailand are not listed.

Countries with increasing problems such as China, Japan, Korea are listed as safe..

What a farse... It just proves that the higher powers in Thailand have got brain cell deficiencies.

Austria went into Total Lockdown. Very tight on letting people back in. And Austrians seem to like to follow orders/like order.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bohemianfish said:

Can foreigners married to Thai and both reside outside (USA) go to Thailand, like together? My wife and I want to visit.

Your wife is qualified for repatriation, you're possibly qualified to join her.

Her process is very simple and streamlined, yours is the opposite of simple.

Her quarantine facility is free, yours isn't.

You have to start by applying for the Non-O here:

https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

Just wondered how does one go about getting "registered" to return to Thailand?  I have a valid multiple entry non-imm O visa,(marriage visa), and am currently in Ireland awaiting the decisions from Thai Government re: returning to Thailand. Any help would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, mickmac said:

Just wondered how does one go about getting "registered" to return to Thailand?  I have a valid multiple entry non-imm O visa,(marriage visa), and am currently in Ireland awaiting the decisions from Thai Government re: returning to Thailand. Any help would be appreciated.

You have to contact the Thai embassy or Thai consulate in Ireland

they are in charge of the registration process

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bohemianfish said:

Austria went into Total Lockdown. Very tight on letting people back in. And Austrians seem to like to follow orders/like order.

You mean Austria?

If yes this is absolutely not true. Everything is open now in Austria, infection rates are very low.

If someone goes back to Austria from outside EU he has to go in 14 day home quarantine, or do a covid test (negative of course). But some countries are prohibited to fly in from.

This makes sense.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mark131v said:

Blimey mate, do you think people only visiting for a week or two is safe?

That's the whole point and the reason why they wont quarantine the Chinese tourist's (if the CCP lets them out to play!) but will try and wring out every penny of the people they do have a strangle hold on

The blatant disregard for countries that have coped with Covid much better than China yet they aren't on the list, money, money, not a single <deleted> is given for their own people or their extended families

Come on, they're not going to freely allow in the Chinese because they're Chinese while everyone else (including Thais) have to quarantine. That's ridiculous and would lead to serious anger, Thais would probably start protesting on the streets if that came to pass.

The Chinese government itself loves the grip on control it has over it's population. As time goes by, China will truly become the world's most sheep like country. Can't see Thailand passing up an opportunity to do the same.

I wouldn't read into this plan too much. For whatever reason they targeted select Asian countries first, but Australia and New Zealand have been mentioned too in separate articles. Don't take it personally. If we go by the "infection" numbers, China has done quite well, compared to parts of Europe, Iran, Brazil, and the USA.

2 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Come on, they're not going to freely allow in the Chinese because they're Chinese while everyone else (including Thais) have to quarantine. That's ridiculous and would lead to serious anger, Thais would probably start protesting on the streets if that came to pass.

The Chinese government itself loves the grip on control it has over it's population. As time goes by, China will truly become the world's most sheep like country. Can't see Thailand passing up an opportunity to do the same.

I wouldn't read into this plan too much. For whatever reason they targeted select Asian countries first, but Australia and New Zealand have been mentioned too in separate articles. Don't take it personally. If we go by the "infection" numbers, China has done quite well, compared to parts of Europe, Iran, Brazil, and the USA.

Shall we wait and see...?

21 hours ago, Mulambana said:

I don't think Thailand receives any foreign aid from IMF. It repaid all its obligation to IMF four years ahed of scheduled that it borrowed during Asian Financial crisis. What it gets now is FDI as loan for infrastructure development. Japan being one of the largest contributors and now may be China. 

China will be Thai people demise. AND the can thank the uneducated corrupt army.

21 hours ago, xn47140 said:

Asked the Thai Embassy in Berlin about the rules for entry to Thailand if married to a Thai. Here's the answer translated with Google:

"we received a new order from Thailand on Friday. People who are married to a Thai citizen can apply for a special permit to enter Thailand. The following documents must be sent in advance to the Thai embassy by email:

- Copy of the passport (first page with the photo)

- Copy of the passport (first page with the photo) of the Thai spouse

- Copy of visa and re-entry permit for Thailand

- Copy of the marriage certificate - Medical certificate for a negative test for Covid-19

- Fit-to-Fly airworthiness certificate

- Proof of overseas health insurance that includes treatment for COVID-19 in Thailand equivalent to at least $ 100,000

- Copy of the flight confirmation

- Proof of confirmed quarantine stay (hotel booking):

When entering the Kingdom, non-Thai nationals must undergo a 14-day quarantine at a state quarantine facility at their own expense. The quarantine may only take place in the following hotels:

1. Mövenpick Wellnes BDMS Resort Hotel

2. Qiu Hotel Sukhumvit

3. The Idle Residence

4. Grand Richmond Hotel

5. Royal Benja Hotel

6. Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel

7. Grande Centerpoint Hotel Sukhumvit

At www.hsscovid.com you will find the hotels selected for quarantine and further information

- The completed declaration form The documents will be forwarded to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs for approval. In the event of approval, the Thai embassy will contact the applicant. The applicant speaks personally to the embassy within 72 hours before the flight date and submits the following documents:

- Medical certificate for a negative test on Covid-19 (not older than 72 hours before departure)

- Fit-to-Fly certificate of fitness to fly (not older than 72 hours before departure)

The Thai embassy then issues a certificate of entry. You can also apply for a special permit to enter Thailand at the Consulate General in Frankfurt and the Consulate General in Munich. Please note that the medical certificate and the airworthiness certificate must be submitted twice. In the event of approval, these two certificates, issued within 72 hours before the flight date, must be submitted again in person to the embassy.

We recommend that you submit the application to a consulate in your area, based on the short-term personal consultation before the departure date. Best regards Visa section of the Royal Thai Embassy Lepsiusstr. 64-66 12163 Berlin Tel. 030 79481117 (telephone information Mon - Fri from 2.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.) Fax 030 79481118 [email protected] www.thaiembassy.de"

There is no COVID INSURANCE....Thai scammers. How bad are these authority. My friend is creating a boycott page.. His IT king and married to a Thai. Let's see how smart these rodents are. 

• Haha 2