Seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry

webfact

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Good info. Thanks. And if I have to choose I will pick Thailand over Zombieland any day of the week. 

555 yeah if things really get cooking & the out of work Thai's really start needing food/baht we will see

which one looks more like zombie land especially to a nice ripe falang

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

How can they dare to maintain China in the list of the ''safe'' countries

with the last events in Beijing ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/19/anxiety-in-beijing-as-officials-battle-new-coronavirus-outbreak

But the Chinese "tourist hordes" won't be flying in from Beijing. They will be coming from some place called Wuhan.

Don't know that one myself. Anyone heard of it?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Although factories are currently moving out of China to cheaper countries at a record pace, mostly Vietnam with the odd factory springing up in Thailand too.

And if by the west you mean our treasonous self-serving governments, you are correct, but we never got a vote on that decision. It was made for us, in a dictatorial fashion back in the 70s. Therefore, our governments are to blame, not us. I'm pretty sure IF we had gotten the chance for a vote, 99% of us westerners would have said NO. Stupid idea.

we voted with our wallets at walmart polling places across the nation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, meechai said:

555 yeah if things really get cooking & the out of work Thai's really start needing food/baht we will see

which one looks more like zombie land especially to a nice ripe falang

Nah. Most Thais are not blood thirsty like Americans. Petty crime here is so much lower than back there. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Medical tourists would be among those who go directly to hospitals, where they would be quarantined and receive other medical treatment at the same time. So no visits to other places.

Unless you're Cambodian seeking medical treatment and coming through the Chong Chom border. They're being allowed in freely, no quarantines and are even allowed to drive their cars in, like usual. Easy to abscond and go wherever they want.

Sounds like the immigration officers at Chong Chom are doing something rogue without the knowledge of the government, or a double standard is at play.

21 hours ago, mark131v said:

Have worked it out:

Group 1 people who are easily fleeced as they have no option but to come

Group 2 lucrative groups who have a choice therefore much harder to fleece

Seems about right and par for the course....

Nobody will come in there dream land tourist bubble. This particular bubble will be a nice earner for immigration. And merely a I'm the boss slogan. Good for a giggle

I checked the website of the Thai Embassies of London and Berlin. No hint how to register, if you are married to a Thai. So how 2.000 people already registered??? Does anyone know?

Just wrote also an email to "my" Thai Embassy in Berlin....if I hear something, I'll post here.

8 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

we voted with our wallets at walmart polling places across the nation.

Nonsense. That's after the fact.

Most Americans who shop at Walmart know nothing about real history and just want to buy the cheapest, GMO and pesticide laden food. They are unlikely to know, or care, where their food or other produce comes from. Even if they do, the decisions made to relocate factories from the US to China happened 45-50 years ago. Half the population wasn't even alive back then.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

3. Tourists under the travel bubble. Dr Taweesin said that the target countries are China, Japan and South Korea, which are presently trying to contain the virus

That's a bit worrying?

20 hours ago, Raphus said:

It is very weird. Countries like Austria that have been successful in containment. Slovakia, Czech Republic for example in Europe that have had less cases than Thailand are not listed.

Countries with increasing problems such as China, Japan, Korea are listed as safe..

What a farse... It just proves that the higher powers in Thailand have got brain cell deficiencies.

follow the money...little brown envelopes...

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Foreigners married to Thais. I am amongst that group. My Thai wife and I are planning to travel back to the US in September. Returning early November. What are the restrictions? How does one register? What restrictions apply to her? Any facts available yet?

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

You need to register at the Thai embassy or Thai consulate in your country of origin

20 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes seriously

after the worlwide pandemic and all the pain they have caused

the chinese should be banned from travel abroad for at least the 10 next years

You live in Pattaya, same me, can you say only one positive thing brought here

by the chinese? i see only negatives, and the list is endless

Exactomundo... They are actually oxygen thieves. But Thai gov count only the tax paying retailers where the Chinese are bubbled around to shops to buy luxury goods. Which leave the country. Thai gov do not count for the billions injected to bread and butter Thais. The fallout will be enormous. But team Prayut has severed the country. Rich and Poor. He has destroyed the economy..

China are corrupt and should be banished indefinitely 

• Like 1

South Korea just announced the second wave of CV19 has arrived. China you can never believe but at least we know they are having problems, and now we just wait for Japan to speak up any day or minute now. So if the Thai government lets those countries in under a bubble ball, then more than likely the next wave will pop up and around here.

1 minute ago, tomauasia said:

Exactomundo... They are actually oxygen thieves. But Thai gov count only the tax paying retailers where the Chinese are bubbled around to shops to buy luxury goods. Which leave the country. Thai gov do not count for the billions injected to bread and butter Thais. The fallout will be enormous. But team Prayut has severed the country. Rich and Poor. He has destroyed the economy..

China are corrupt and should be banished indefinitely 

Funny though that anyone would come here to buy luxury goods. Thailand is one of the world's most expensive countries for imported luxuries, though I understand China is more expensive still (having lived in China I can confirm this). If Thailand were more expensive than China, no one would come here for shopping.

The really rich Chinese can end up buying more and spending less, on a shopping junket to Australia, the USA or Europe, even after taking into account the higher airfares and longer flight times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Only a complete idiot or a money hungry miser would allow people from the country that infected the world to come into Thailand. Well, here as a reality check for the geniuses in Bangkok. The Chinese are not going to travel outside of China any times soon. I speak online with Chinese 7 days a week. NO ONE is traveling as a tourist. The China has suffered so much economically due to the trade war and the Wuhan Coronavirus that the leaders do not want unnecessary capital out flow. Most people in China are not even going to travel outside of their home city. 

Thailand will eventually become a vassal state to China. Apparently, some highly placed people in Bangkok want to speed up the process. By the way, with India, Australia, Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan, Japan and the USA all lining up against China, Thailand should seriously consider which side they will eventually come down on. Thailand will not be able to ride the fence forever as they did in WWII.    

are those chinese actually in china?  sounds more like wishful thinking, hoping if it's repeated enough times, it will become truthy.  domestic tourism was down 70% in the first quarter, but has been recovering, with a projected overall loss of about 20% for the year.

Chinese tourist sites packed as country comes out of lockdown, but experts say risk still high

200406153843-01-huangshan-tourists-coron

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/06/asia/china-coronavirus-tourist-warning-intl-hnk/index.html

• Haha 1

Being a Farang, married to a Thai national, and currently in UK but wishing to return to Thailand around September, can anyone advise on the following please:

1 - I have a house in Krabi. So my flight plan is LHR- BKK- KBV, Will I be allowed to self-isolate or quarantine for X weeks in my home in Krabi?

2 - in this statement:

" Foreigners married to Thais, or permanent residents of Thailand (around 2,000 have registered)"

Is this some "new" registration requirement? or does it just mean there are likely to be 2000 of us trying to return?

As with most immigration rules in Thailand its a "moving target"; so where to I go for definitive answers?

Thanks A

I'm guessing Government guests are immune to Covid. And China Japan and Korean tourists because their countries are trying to contain the virus. So no quarantine for them. Other countries, like my USA , I guess aren't trying to contain it. Does anyone in the government here actually look at what's going on anywhere else or do they rely on guesswork? Money, money ,money ,money,  MONEY!

Edited by fredwiggy

Where do I go to register to enter Thailand based on the fact Im married to a Thai in Buriram. This is the first time Im reading about this. I read their only going to allow a certain amount in. It would have been nice to know this way before hand! Come on now.

What do you expect as the junta opps I mean the government is new best friends with Xi ping and beleive prosperity will come from the Chinese. They are peas in a pod. 

Australia has contained the virus pretty well more so then China or Japan but nope your not coming in. 

Its a farce all the government wants is money. And don't really give a, <deleted> about  public health for there citizens can you  imagine the fake medical certificates the mainland chinese  will be rocking up with at swampy. 

What a joke 

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah. Most Thais are not blood thirsty like Americans. Petty crime here is so much lower than back there. 

Official corruption is rampant in Thailand. It ranges from bribery to outright police collusion. The interplay of drugs, prostitution, political paralysis, corruption and collusion, a culture of impunity, international tourism and trade, traditional Buddhist tolerance and tendency to ignore problems has led to an increasingly multifaceted and complex crime epidemic in the country. Juvenile delinquency has also been increasing in recent years.

In November 2015, the New York Times reported that in the fiscal year ending September 2015, the national police have seen a surge in thefts, burglaries, and robberies, more than 75,557 thefts and other property crimes in the fiscal year, 10.5 percent higher than the previous year. Violent crime was up 8.6 percent during the same period. ........A lot more than you think goes on here, including more human trafficking than just about anywhere on earth.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

. Tourists under the travel bubble. Dr Taweesin said that the target countries are China, Japan and South Korea, which are presently trying to contain the virus.

I think all countries are trying to contain the virus but every day there seems to be reports coming out about a new outbreak in China. Why are the government prepared to put people at risk by allowing the Chinese back in the country. Doesn't make sense.

16 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Where do I go to register to enter Thailand based on the fact Im married to a Thai in Buriram. This is the first time Im reading about this. I read their only going to allow a certain amount in. It would have been nice to know this way before hand! Come on now.

Where are you at the moment?

You need first to register to the Thai consulate or the Thai embassy of your

country of origin if you want to re enter in Thailand