Seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry

webfact

19 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"...which are presently trying to contain the virus."

The other countries aren't? This is the weakest possible explanation. 

I now invite those who scoffed at me when I formerly predicted that we were headed to a situation in which Chinese arrivals would not be asked to quarantine but we would to please retract your scoffing. I'll wait. 

You were right JCP108. I'm eating my scoffing as I type.

Foreigners married to Thais. I am amongst that group. My Thai wife and I are planning to travel back to the US in September. Returning early November. What are the restrictions? How does one register? What restrictions apply to her? Any facts available yet?

14 minutes ago, khunbillmex said:

3. Foreigners married to Thais, or permanent residents of Thailand (around 2,000 have registered).

The article fails to mention where one needs to/how to "register".

Does anyone here know?

You need to register at the Thai embassy or Thai consulate in your country of origin

Edited by kingofthemountain

19 hours ago, mark131v said:

Have worked it out:

Group 1 people who are easily fleeced as they have no option but to come

Group 2 lucrative groups who have a choice therefore much harder to fleece

Seems about right and par for the course....

You forgot the Chinese bubble, with a new outbreak, this time in Beijing.....

19 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Do not let the Chinese in! A total disgrace.

WHY is it a "total disgrace" to let Chinese visitors in? China contains the virus, has little new infections, China is almost a neigboring country, Thailand has good relations with China, so WHY ON EARTH would it be a "disgrace" unless you are indoctrinated that the Chinese are Evil. 

Look at America and how many tens of thousands new cases each day. To let Chinese in, and Americans out, makes perfect sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thelovedone said:

There must be hundreds of long term Retirees like me  stranded abroad. We contribute a large amount of money to the Thai economy.

Does anyone know when the Thai border will be open for  Retirement Visa holders who are stranded overseas to return to Thailand?

In my case my Thai Retirement Visa will expire within a month and i cannot return but hoping long term Visa holders can return soon.

Interested to hear how many  others are  in the same situation.

I have been stuck offshore for 4 months now but my visa only expires in February hope to be back home before that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Raphus said:

It is very weird. Countries like Austria that have been successful in containment. Slovakia, Czech Republic for example in Europe that have had less cases than Thailand are not listed.

Countries with increasing problems such as China, Japan, Korea are listed as safe..

What a farse... It just proves that the higher powers in Thailand have got brain cell deficiencies.

Maybe that is , a yet unknown, side effect of the virus? 55555

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

CHINA. CHINA. CHINA. CHINA.

Pathetic. They nearly wrecked Thailand. Allowed tourists from Wuhan to flow into Thailand, when they knew it was a dangerous epidmenic, along with failure of local government to try and cover it up. Yet they are lusted after.

If they are allowed back in on mass, that's me done with Thailand. Just no way. 

See Ya.

And yet, according to a member living in Surin, Kwaibah, Cambodians are allowed to drive their own cars (Cambodian plates) to hospital in Surin along with accompanying family members. No indication of quarantines, or covid testing. Probably just temperature guns and masks when crossing the border.

What a shambles this whole situation is. If Cambodians can be trusted to drive themselves to hospital for medical treatment, why should foreigners from all other countries arriving by air under this plan be taken straight to hospital by an ambulance? Especially if it's in a month or two when the emergency decree may no longer be in place?

I posed this question on the thread where this comment/observation was made. It sort of makes a mockery of the whole state of emergency decree and disease control measures and is a gross double standard.

Now of course, I wish the country just opened up already without all this nonsense, but my point is, the disease control measures are already being violated. You can't have one standard for one group of foreigners and another for everyone else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

its a bit thin to say the least,business people have no special super immunity and are capeable of spreading the virus just as anyone is.china has consistently lied about the virus,it came from there .they lied about that and willingly and knowingly exported it to the world over chinese new year.many people hold valid visas and cant enter the country,surely they should be the ones allowed first,they may have to quarantine but they legally hold entry docs.this is bizarre there are so many other countries with low rates that arnt included.taiwan hk malaysia many european countries.one person says there must be  under 100 cases per day,so that same rule applies to the countries that have vastly different sized pops??that cant be any accurate measure. the whole things smacks of racism and incompetence.

Unreadable.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Do not let the Chinese in! A total disgrace.

The west closed down all its industry, disowned its traditions, and gave all its money to China, so it's no surprise that the balance of power has shifted.

We should blame ourselves, not the Chinese.

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Foreigners married to Thais. I am amongst that group. My Thai wife and I are planning to travel back to the US in September. Returning early November. What are the restrictions? How does one register? What restrictions apply to her? Any facts available yet?

Too early to know. One would think that by then, barring a "second wave" where the entire world is once again under lockdown, Thailand will have fully opened up sometime in that period. After all, European countries are in the process of opening up to each other (and this includes the UK and Ireland, outside of Schengen) and starting next month some European countries such as France are said to open to non-European countries too (Portugal already has, to the USA, Canada, Latin America). This means, no more quarantines and no testing either in most cases (some exceptions exist, such as Iceland).

Doesn't make any sense that such a highly tourism dependent region like SE Asia isn't desperately trying to re-open as soon as possible...SE Asia, including Thailand, is much more dependent on tourism than most other regions of the world, including European countries with a strong tourism sector like Spain (where it accounts for 12% of GDP, still significantly less than Thailand and Cambodia, for instance).

My advice is...stay put and keep yourself up-to-date on the latest developments. If Thailand isn't open yet or hasn't announced a firm re-opening by mid-September, you either need to remain in Thailand or you leave for America but don't expect to come back anytime soon. You'll have to choose between where you prefer to stay for the long-term, Thailand or the US.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Anyone with black hair will be allowed to enter.

Grey hair..forget it. Them there days are looong gone.

Probably explains why Cambodians seeking medical treatment are currently allowed to drive themselves across the Surin border crossing to the hospital in Surin, without undergoing quarantines. they have the right hair color. Or is it the right skin color. never know which one. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

How can they dare to maintain China in the list of the ''safe'' countries

with the last events in Beijing ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/19/anxiety-in-beijing-as-officials-battle-new-coronavirus-outbreak

Thailand is simply acknowledging that they know which side of the bread has the butter and jam.  They also know which side of the bread will hit the carpet if they drop it.  It's all perceived economics.

23 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Probably explains why Cambodians seeking medical treatment are currently allowed to drive themselves across the Surin border crossing to the hospital in Surin, without undergoing quarantines. they have the right hair color. Or is it the right skin color. never know which one. LOL.

Has to be hair colour of the Chinese are in the bubble!

20 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

How can they dare to maintain China in the list of the ''safe'' countries

with the last events in Beijing ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/19/anxiety-in-beijing-as-officials-battle-new-coronavirus-outbreak

Your not wrong, can't figure that one out all apart from greed for tourist, however, South Korea has also sparked up again since the kids went back to school !!! The safe Countries like Australia and New Zealand etc. won't open their airports anyway, especially to a hub like Thailand

2 hours ago, thelovedone said:

There must be hundreds of long term Retirees like me  stranded abroad. We contribute a large amount of money to the Thai economy.

Does anyone know when the Thai border will be open for  Retirement Visa holders who are stranded overseas to return to Thailand?

In my case my Thai Retirement Visa will expire within a month and i cannot return but hoping long term Visa holders can return soon.

Interested to hear how many  others are  in the same situation.

The contribution to the Thai economy is not "a large amount of money" and is a largely insignificant percentage of its GDP. As far as I can gather, if your Extension of stay based on retirement expires, you will need to start the application process from the beginning. Good luck!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Seriously?

Less than 200 cases in 10 days in Beijing...  (USA ~25'000 cases yesterday only!)

in a city of 20+ millions people...

in a country of ~1'400'000'000 people...

A lot of noise for very few cases well controlled... IMHO.

From article.... Over the last week, Beijing has tested about 700,000 people.

US tests over 4-500,000 per day

I would not assume control anywhere

Those who test more will likely show more

US.jpg

Edited by meechai

Have to wait for the detail, but "have a Thai spouse or have residents in Thailand" could well mean long stay retirees. In the inverted commas is the direct quote from the pictogram. What do you thing "residents" mean? I assume most are thinking they mean those with permanent residence, but I suggest waiting for the moment.

42 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Too early to know. One would think that by then, barring a "second wave" where the entire world is once again under lockdown, Thailand will have fully opened up sometime in that period. After all, European countries are in the process of opening up to each other (and this includes the UK and Ireland, outside of Schengen) and starting next month some European countries such as France are said to open to non-European countries too (Portugal already has, to the USA, Canada, Latin America). This means, no more quarantines and no testing either in most cases (some exceptions exist, such as Iceland).

Doesn't make any sense that such a highly tourism dependent region like SE Asia isn't desperately trying to re-open as soon as possible...SE Asia, including Thailand, is much more dependent on tourism than most other regions of the world, including European countries with a strong tourism sector like Spain (where it accounts for 12% of GDP, still significantly less than Thailand and Cambodia, for instance).

My advice is...stay put and keep yourself up-to-date on the latest developments. If Thailand isn't open yet or hasn't announced a firm re-opening by mid-September, you either need to remain in Thailand or you leave for America but don't expect to come back anytime soon. You'll have to choose between where you prefer to stay for the long-term, Thailand or the US.

Good info. Thanks. And if I have to choose I will pick Thailand over Zombieland any day of the week. 

• Like 1