Seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry

webfact

On 6/23/2020 at 2:46 PM, Mulambana said:

If you don't have family, business or work permit, you're really nobody. You're only a bride seeker or an orgy seeker. And these two groups have to wait or try their luck in other countries but we know that won't happen. What's the big rush to come to Thailand?

2 homes, 2 cars, banking, investments, permanent address and 26 years living and working, now retired. 

you think I’m a sex tourist? Says more about your circles than mine I suspect. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

2 homes, 2 cars, banking, investments, permanent address and 26 years living and working, now retired. 

you think I’m a sex tourist? Says more about your circles than mine I suspect. 

Still got the Old Motorbike,?

1 hour ago, Visarghhhh said:

I guess retirees dont count for much... ☹️

None of us do, and that's the point. 

Doesn't matter how much you spend, what you buy or whether your name is on a tabien baan. You're still just a temporary visitor for purposes other than tourism. 

• Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Sure. How could we not have doubt on USA figures after this :

time.com:

:whistling:

HaHaHa------- don't know if he really said that but if he did then that's a real beauty,in fact in my book it's a 10 out of 10 Quote

On 6/24/2020 at 10:04 PM, xn47140 said:

The ADAC-Insurance in Germany covers when you're getting sick of COVID-19 in your destination.

Be careful. 

In the fineprint they write they don't cover trips to countries under a travel warning ( from the German foreign office). Thailand (and every country outside Europe) is under a travel warning.

But similar non-Anglosaxon insurance has in the past been accepted by Thai Immi. 

Edited by uhuh

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

Be careful. 

In the fineprint they write they don't cover trips to countries under a travel warning ( from the German foreign office). Thailand (and every country outside Europe) is under a travel warning.

But similar non-Anglosaxon insurance has in the past been accepted by Thai Immi. 

Thanks for the hint, I'm aware of this. Hope they will cancel the travel warning for Thailand soon. Thai people can now enter Germany without restrictions and I hope for the vice versa too. Also my recent experiences with the ADAC regarding health issues here in Thailand are extremely pleasant.

1 hour ago, xn47140 said:

Thai people can now enter Germany without restrictions

No.

One restriction has been lifted. That was the restriction that the border was closed for Thais. 

All other restrictions still apply. Especially,  Thais still need a visa. Unfortunately,  the German embassy isn't issuing any visas at this time. 

Edited by uhuh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even for business owners, Non-Immi type B visa holders, work permit holders, insurance cover 160.000.- US% ... they make it difficult to enter Thailand.

I have all of that BUT my work permit, which was extended in my absence does not contain the extension stamp  as I have the book with my as a requirement for check-in.

Easy excuse for the consulate to reject my application of returning to Thailand.

9 hours ago, uhuh said:

Be careful. 

Checked again and it's a little bit more difficult. The ADAC insurance covers health issues in countries which are under a travel warning. Exception: the insurance doesn't cover injuries through war actions, especially if the country is under a travel warning. See the enclosed abstract 3.4 of the fineprint.

Unbenannt.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I am finally able to begin the process of obtaining a COE and all the uploads as well as obtaining my Non-O multi-entry visa when I ran into this on the US Embassy website:

c9fbQFDOKPaRg4OvT8XOC6AGW82G2TUx3RD950Gr0J85tXWXZ_cPitCoN5mYhdNO
The Embassy/Consulates-General has received the latest Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and is currently updating our Online Application for Thailand Visa and Certificate of Entry (COE). The form is not available at the moment and please check back later.

I also have not heard back on an e-mail I sent 4 days ago to both the Embassy and the Consulate in Los Angeles concerning the availability of getting a seat on a repatriation flight looking forward the next few months so I can get back to my family in Chiang Mai.  There has been no response to the e-mails.

4 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

I am finally able to begin the process of obtaining a COE and all the uploads as well as obtaining my Non-O multi-entry visa when I ran into this on the US Embassy website:

c9fbQFDOKPaRg4OvT8XOC6AGW82G2TUx3RD950Gr0J85tXWXZ_cPitCoN5mYhdNO
The Embassy/Consulates-General has received the latest Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and is currently updating our Online Application for Thailand Visa and Certificate of Entry (COE). The form is not available at the moment and please check back later.

I also have not heard back on an e-mail I sent 4 days ago to both the Embassy and the Consulate in Los Angeles concerning the availability of getting a seat on a repatriation flight looking forward the next few months so I can get back to my family in Chiang Mai.  There has been no response to the e-mails.

My wife spoke to the LA Consulate on Friday, July 17 about both of us moving to Thailand Aug/Sep.  They said there will be a new web page available on July 20 for foreigners like me to apply for my COE.

Meanwhile for anyone wondering about medical/"wellness" tourism I received this message from the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh, whom I contacted regarding a Cambodian woman scheduled for surgery in Thailand next month:

"For non-urgent medical cases or medical tourism cases, the Thai government has approved "in principle" for non-urgent medical cases or medical tourism cases to enter Thailand BY FLIGHT ONLY (there are currently no flights from Cambodia to Thailand). However, Embassies and Consulates have yet to receive official instructions to process applications to enter Thailand for non-urgent medical cases or medical tourism cases. Please check back ..."

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Meanwhile for anyone wondering about medical/"wellness" tourism I received this message from the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh, whom I contacted regarding a Cambodian woman scheduled for surgery in Thailand next month:

"For non-urgent medical cases or medical tourism cases, the Thai government has approved "in principle" for non-urgent medical cases or medical tourism cases to enter Thailand BY FLIGHT ONLY (there are currently no flights from Cambodia to Thailand). However, Embassies and Consulates have yet to receive official instructions to process applications to enter Thailand for non-urgent medical cases or medical tourism cases. Please check back ..."

55 usual Thai answer, as they are unable to say ''no'' or ''sorry but it's impossible at the moment''

then they just do in a way that it's in fact undoable, asking for something you can not obtain

(Here a flight ticket, or the authorisation from the embassy or whatever else)

I think it is more to do with not following a logical sequence of preparation. Instead of setting up the system first, then informing Embassies accordingly, with an effective date in the future, they announced it abruptly before having worked out any of the details. So now, though it is officially in place since July 1, it in fact hasn't started up yet.

• Like 1