Seven groups of foreigners expected to be allowed entry

webfact

On 6/22/2020 at 8:13 PM, FarangULong said:

The EU has a larger population than the US (512 million vs 328 million) in an area about 6,5 times as big as Texas... Or, in other words, Australia is about 1,7 times bigger than the whole EU, but has less than 5% of it's population.

Nearly all of Australia is uninhabited. Most of the population live in several large cities so the densities are still there. If you look at the populated areas in Australia then it would be much, much smaller than Europe.

3 hours ago, tomauasia said:

Thailand has been sold to China. Now I think Trump US Morrison AU and the Boris UK. Should seriously look at cutting and foreign aid to Thailand. 

I don't think Thailand receives any foreign aid from IMF. It repaid all its obligation to IMF four years ahed of scheduled that it borrowed during Asian Financial crisis. What it gets now is FDI as loan for infrastructure development. Japan being one of the largest contributors and now may be China. 

Edited by Mulambana

On 6/22/2020 at 9:54 AM, kingofthemountain said:

How can they dare to maintain China in the list of the ''safe'' countries

with the last events in Beijing ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/19/anxiety-in-beijing-as-officials-battle-new-coronavirus-outbreak

Because the CCP is "Fighting to contain the Virus" but they were the first one who spread it ???????? Big brother is watching small brother cannot take of list Chinese... Even if they laundered around 200billion worth of dirty drug money through their gold shops in Chinatown BKK... The Chinese are still Big brothers... 

Edited by NB1986
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, xn47140 said:
5 minutes ago, xn47140 said:

When entering the Kingdom, non-Thai nationals must undergo a 14-day quarantine at a state quarantine facility at their own expense. The quarantine may only take place in the following hotels:

1. Mövenpick Wellnes BDMS Resort Hotel

2. Qiu Hotel Sukhumvit

3. The Idle Residence

4. Grand Richmond Hotel

5. Royal Benja Hotel

6. Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel

7. Grande Centerpoint Hotel Sukhumvit

Wonder if any of the illustrious leaders have stakes in these hotels or if it's just a simple brown envelope deal?

I said in post number 1 that group 1 people are the ones who need to come back and will do whatever is required as effectively they do not have a choice

They will endure quarantine if needed unlike the group 2 people who probably will just go elsewhere and spend their money, hence no need for them to do quarantine

This all sounds mega expensive but understandable that if you haven't seen your family for months you will do whatever you have to, still cannot waste an opportunity to price out the little man...

• Like 2

Grande Centre Point Sukhumvit 55  = £1058

Grand Richmond Stylish Convention Hotel = £692

Anantara Siam Bangkok = £1994

Managed to get some sample prices for 14 nights at 3 of the 7 allowed on Hotels.com.th. These are room only prices without any food or drink so I think fare to say even if you can get the other stuff done it will be bloody expensive

Maybe the others are cheaper but they were showing as no availability. Tried a few random 14 night stays but at least it appears to be an option if you can afford it...

Edited by mark131v
sorry about the font don't know how to change!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Lived next to NYC for 30 years, and worked there. I had no trouble whatsoever there or in San Antonio, Texas. Thailand has more gun violence than the US does by far. I never walk around worrying anywhere. Just have to be aware of your surroundings. I'm more worried about mosquitoes here than anything else. And driving in Bangkok is more dangerous than the pedestrians. I trust a country where a lot of people are concealing a weapon legally, unlike here where people have guns because they settle problems the cowards way. Yes, it's done by the same in the US, including mass shootings by disturbed teens in schools. And Bangkok isn't really dangerous to men, but girls, as human trafficking there is in the top 10 in the world.

And yet, other than the 2 mass mall shootings that occurred earlier this year, the only place where one tends to hear about or see gun violence is on the news. I've never seen a Thai pull out a gun in the middle of Bangkok and only once vaguely saw something strange happening when a technical school pillion passenger on a motorcycle pulled out something that appeared like it could be a gun (might have been a bb gun) not sure who it was aimed or what was going on, I was driving behind following at some distance along with several other cars nearby. Nothing happened and as I said, I was too far away to see what it was.

In general, I feel Thailand is exceptionallyv safe in most places and circumstances (though I never lower my guard, just in case). Most criminal activities are underground and involve the drug/nightlife/illicit scene or jealously/infidelity/business disputes between people that know each other. However, unlike parts of major western cities, there are no "bad neighborhoods" as such, anywhere in Thailand, that I'm aware of, other than MAYBE a street corner where people do drugs, but even that's very vague. Even Khlong Toey slum, although not a place I'd like to walk through, can't be considered "dangerous", but simply, poor. Whereas the west side of Chicago or parts of St. Louis home to African-American drug gangs...too dangerous to even consider driving through, let alone walking.

• Like 1

I would do the quarantine but I am not on the list of "preferred customers". I am a nobody inspite of my years fo spending all my money in Thailand. Ah well maybe time to look for a progressive country that allows foreigners to buy a piece of land and offers them residency.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I would do the quarantine but I am not on the list of "preferred customers". I am a nobody inspite of my years fo spending all my money in Thailand. Ah well maybe time to look for a progressive country that allows foreigners to buy a piece of land and offers them residency.

If you don't have family, business or work permit, you're really nobody. You're only a bride seeker or an orgy seeker. And these two groups have to wait or try their luck in other countries but we know that won't happen. What's the big rush to come to Thailand?

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

That's the spirit! 

On 6/22/2020 at 8:44 AM, mark131v said:

Have worked it out:

Group 1 people who are easily fleeced as they have no option but to come

Group 2 lucrative groups who have a choice therefore much harder to fleece

Seems about right and par for the course....

I can't see where there is a mention of increasing the Visa costs. You sound very fed up in Thailand, maybe time to go somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/22/2020 at 8:53 AM, Pattaya46 said:

You think that retirees stuck abroad have a choice ? :blink:

Most have all their life in Thailand! (family or friend, house, belongings, ...)

Tough titty.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, mark131v said:

People with families they have not been able to see for months are forced to stay in expensive hand picked hotels for a couple of weeks but other groups don't need to possibly including tourist hordes from China

I think based on length of stay and freedom of movement. People going to stay longer (with familes) and complete freedom of movements have to go to qurantine and people come for shorttime with restricted movement like seminrs, meeting, etc. don't have to be qurantined but their movement may be restricted. Makes perfect sense to me. 

11 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Adam, Adam, Adam,

Do try to keep up old chap, the whole thing has nothing to do with visa's but everything to do with quarantine being enforced on one group of people and not on another

People with families they have not been able to see for months are forced to stay in expensive hand picked hotels for a couple of weeks but other groups don't need to possibly including tourist hordes from China 

Not hard mate....

That seems a bit unlikely (that Chinese tourists wouldn't be subjected to quarantines, while residents, both Thai and expat are) but given the Chong Chom border is currently allowing Cambodians needing to visit the hospital across, without so much as a quarantine AND they're being allowed to freely drive their cars in by themselves, with no tracking to see where they're going, I believe you may have a point about double standards being applied.

I have nothing against Cambodians being given treatment at Thai hospitals during the current emergency decree, but I think Thailand should demand and receive reciprocity. It's strange that Thailand is allowing this while not getting anything in return. If I were a Thai government minister, I wouldn't allow it. And if I did allow foreigners to come in for medical treatment, it would be upon condition an ambulance picks them up at the border and drops them off again at the end - cars from the neighboring country would be banned from entering. Better yet, a reciprocal agreement allowing equal access for citizens of both countries, in which case the current arrangement would be acceptable, but only because Thais (and their vehicles) would be allowed to travel to Cambodia for "essential" purposes too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

I think based on length of stay and freedom of movement. People going to stay longer (with familes) and complete freedom of movements have to go to qurantine and people come for shorttime with restricted movement like seminrs, meeting, etc. don't have to be qurantined but their movement may be restricted. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Surely your not that naïve?

The other group comprises travellers who won’t need to go into quarantine on entry:

3. Tourists under the travel bubble. Dr Taweesin said that the target countries are China, Japan and South Korea, which are presently trying to contain the virus.

All completely about the money they can rip off and how much of a strangle hold they have on you, families will do whatever they can if they are able

CCP hold the cards and the Thai's know it, they choose where the serfs can holiday and that's a lot of serf's hence they won't need any quarantine

The big fly in the ointment is whether the CCP will allow any travel hence Thailand's profuse <deleted> kissing... 

Edited by mark131v
clarity
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, mark131v said:

3. Tourists under the travel bubble. Dr Taweesin said that the target countries are China, Japan and South Korea, which are presently trying to contain the virus.

All completely about the money they can rip off and how much of a strangle hold they have on you, families will do whatever they can if they are able

CCP hold the cards and the Thai's know it, they choose where the serfs can holiday and that's a lot of serf's hence they won't need any quarantine

The big fly in the ointment is whether the CCP will allow any travel hence Thailand's profuse <deleted> kissing... 

I still think tourists under the travel bubble will still have restricted movements. HOw can they quarantine tourusts who come only for a week or two weeks. That does not make sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mulambana said:

I still think tourists under the travel bubble will still have restricted movements. HOw can they quarantine tourusts who come only for a week or two weeks. That does not make sense.

Blimey mate, do you think people only visiting for a week or two is safe?

That's the whole point and the reason why they wont quarantine the Chinese tourist's (if the CCP lets them out to play!) but will try and wring out every penny of the people they do have a strangle hold on

The blatant disregard for countries that have coped with Covid much better than China yet they aren't on the list, money, money, not a single <deleted> is given for their own people or their extended families

7 minutes ago, mark131v said:

The blatant disregard for countries that have coped with Covid much better than China yet they aren't on the list, money, money, not a single <deleted> is given for their own people or their extended families

They are negotiating with countries. Other countries have to agree to join the bubbles. I bet all countries that have coped with Covid-19 succesfully like Australia, New Zeland will be able to join. 

People visting for a week or so are not safe but if their movements are restricted, it will be easy to trace and contain it easily in case of a renewed outbreak.

Edited by Mulambana

1 minute ago, Mulambana said:

They are negotiating with countries. Other countries have to agree to join the bubbles. I bet all countries that have coped with Covid-19 succesfully like Australia, New Zeland will be able to join. 

Possibly but the fact there is no mention of these yet the one country who has been responsible for the original pandemic and have been, how can I say this nicely...perhaps not always as honest and open as they could have been are there front and centre tells it's own story. The fact there are still reports of outbreaks and cover up's in China also doesn't help, all smacks of money first...

• Like 1